PDA

View Full Version : Viper Auto Start Alarm System.

MistaCee
12-06-2008, 04:09 PM
My car seem to be acting up when starting. Sometimes I have to continue switching it until it comes on(Maybe starter going bad). The other day a light killed my battery and while jumping it and trying to turn it on my dash and lights was flashing, and the little viper box was just clicking. Should I remove my alarm system all together?

Got Milk?
12-06-2008, 09:20 PM
yes.

X-Runner
12-06-2008, 09:51 PM
Conyers? Bring it by and Ill remove it free of charge... :) lol

MistaCee
12-07-2008, 06:55 PM
Lol I would if I can get the bitch started

Tech5
12-07-2008, 06:59 PM
Depends When your trying to turn it over the starter doesnt click? If it doesnt take a test light an see if its getting power on the Big wire on the starter Should be constent power with switch on or off, and the small wire it should get power when you try an crank it, if it does then take a hammer an lighty tap the starter while trying to crank it and if it turns over or trys the start is bad, if its getting power it should turn over an the starter can still be bad even if your trying to hit it with a hammer...
if its not getting power then it could be your ignition switch, or alarm you can look under the dash an there should be atleast 2 inline fuses by taking all the fuses out of the alarm it will bypass it an should crank try these an let me know if I can help

MistaCee
12-09-2008, 02:14 PM
The starter is definitely bad I've been hammer timing it since I got it lol.I does click though. I want to know if my auto start had contributed to it going out. I don't want to put in the new starter and it then it ends up doing the same thing.

X-Runner
12-09-2008, 04:45 PM
It can, yes. If its not programed right.

James777
12-09-2008, 06:03 PM
if it was programmed incorrectly, (too long of a crank duration) you would wear or break teeth on your flywheel, causing the starter to spin freely occasionally depending on the position of the flywheel when you cut the car off. since that's not what it's doing, that's probably not the cause of your problem. when the battery went dead, the starter kill could prevent the car from starting, but since you have a bad starter, it's impossible to say which it is. you need to replace the starter first, then if it won't start jump the purple and green 10 gauge wires together to bypass the starter kill on the viper system. the viper system may just need reprogramming after that.

james stanton

slimm
12-10-2008, 09:49 AM
pm'd

MistaCee
12-10-2008, 04:23 PM
Ima just take this shit out. Thanks for the help guys. Starter for my acura is around 170 bucks so ima just change it, and take the alarm off.

STRteg
12-10-2008, 05:02 PM
Ima just take this shit out. Thanks for the help guys. Starter for my acura is around 170 bucks so ima just change it, and take the alarm off.

duhn duhn duhn - WARNING - Removal of your car alarm installation immediately endangers your vehicle of theft or vandalism:ninja:

MistaCee
12-11-2008, 01:51 PM
duhn duhn duhn - WARNING - Removal of your car alarm installation immediately endangers your vehicle of theft or vandalism:ninja:

Yea but my car isn't as appealing as a civic lmao. Its just an Acura 2.5 with rims, tints and some other little things. I'm not that worried about it.

X-Runner I will definitely get back to you on that bro :goodjob: I'm going to try and mess with it Friday I haven't had time all week :( Finals and work:gay:

STRteg
12-11-2008, 02:13 PM
Yea but my car isn't as appealing as a civic lmao. Its just an Acura 2.5 with rims, tints and some other little things. I'm not that worried about it.

Yeah but still anything can happen just beware of those:ninja: and you should care about anything you own too man gotta take care of your shi