PDA

View Full Version : Home Theater Scam

Seymour222
12-06-2008, 12:12 AM
I ran into one of these guys today trying to sell me a "SUPER HIGH END" stereo system up near cumberland mall today. The guys' story was exactly as follows:

http://plus5forsobriety.blogspot.com/

They were driving a white Yukon. The guys were actually very convincing. When I declined they began to give me a story about his newborn child and how he needed money. These guys are scumbags. If it seems too good to be true, It usually is. Watch out for these guys. Don't get suckered in.

BTEC
12-06-2008, 12:16 AM
some dudes used to come to Ford alllllll the time with different shit back in the day. like once a month. they have that "i cant stay long sorry hurry up and buy" demeanor about them.

wonder if id get in trouble if i robbed em.

Seymour222
12-06-2008, 12:20 AM
I hope not. You should get them to get into the car with you and drive them to the police station at gun point! LOL. I really hate people that blatantly take advantage of others. Oh well.

Tech5
12-06-2008, 12:23 AM
Oh shltt!

BTEC
12-06-2008, 12:23 AM
I hope not. You should get them to get into the car with you and drive them to the police station at gun point! LOL. I really hate people that blatantly take advantage of others. Oh well.
i dnt have a gun, just my knives. and 50 cent said "when i raise my knife shit im fixing to cut sum". So yeah if i take it out, somebody bout to be dismembered and robbed b4 their blood hits the ground.

cumberland is a long way from home aint it dorothy?

AlanŽ
12-06-2008, 12:24 AM
I ran into one of these guys today trying to sell me a "SUPER HIGH END" stereo system up near cumberland mall today. The guys' story was exactly as follows:

They were driving a white Yukon. The guys were actually very convincing. When I declined they began to give me a story about his newborn child and how he needed money. These guys are scumbags. If it seems too good to be true, It usually is. Watch out for these guys. Don't get suckered in.
white van scams ftl let me guess the box said they were like $2K+ right

Seymour222
12-06-2008, 12:24 AM
No kidding. Jus' tryin to take care of sum bidness. Gotta put food on the table somehow ya know!

bigdare23
12-06-2008, 12:45 AM

I was actually approached by a white Yukon on Tuesday at the Wachovia on Buford HWY about an entertainment system. The driver was an Asian woman. Damn scam artists.

Member31410
12-06-2008, 01:20 AM
I'm surprised that this type of scam is still around. The last time I saw one of these white van scammers was back in the 90's.

Friggintitsman
12-06-2008, 01:28 AM
Be proactive and rob them at gun point

RL...
12-06-2008, 01:36 AM
I've had this pulled on me twice in the last 4 years! Once was at a mall and the other was at a QT. They were both in white SUV's and threw their pitch at me. I'm the type of person that doesn't trust anyone so I told them to go to hell both times.

I thought it was shady but I didn't think it was a popular scam or anything....

I'm glad I didn't fall for it:lmfao:

RL...
12-06-2008, 01:36 AM
Be proactive and rob them at gun point

x2

David88vert
12-06-2008, 06:59 AM
They used to be around back in the 90's. They had a warehouse of Peachtree Ind. back then, until they got busted by Gwinnett. Back then, they were offering home speakers out of the back of vans, and fake Pioneer/Kenwood car audio also. That scam has never changed.

B18c1Turboed
12-06-2008, 10:59 AM
I aint gonna lie, they got me for 300 over the summer!!! Oh well it was strip club money anyways!!!

d_day87
12-06-2008, 11:04 AM
yeah i used to get approached by guys in a white suv in the parking lot where i used to work in buford. i would bullshit with them and say i only have like $80 and they'd want like $400 for shit. then they'd say they would take $80 and i would say, sorry i don't have any money. lol

zero-60
12-06-2008, 11:42 AM
Same thing, two guys trying to sell home theater equipment, only in Duluth for me. Happened a few times too. iirc one of them wears an old speaker company or warehouse jacket.

james
12-06-2008, 12:25 PM
this kid i know used to work for some company doing this. the van was a company car, and the speakers were just shit speakers and they were just tryign to sell them. i dont doubt that there are scam artists doing the same thing, but the company he was working for was legit.

once in high school i was approached with the same story: speakers for cheap. i liked how the MSRP was on the cardboard. lol that is never the story.

Seymour222
12-06-2008, 12:31 PM
I know I really hate scam artists. I've never heard of the scam until yesterday. I got back to the shop and did some research. One guy was kind of emo type and the other was a complete douchebag. He looked like the character "Chet" from the movie WAITING. I seriously wish there was a way to find these guys cuz they are gonna take some unsuspecting person and steal their Christmas money for their children (or something similiar) New white Yukon with a Bulldogs tag and two young white dewds. I almost wonder how many of these people are still around here.

SPOOLIN
12-06-2008, 12:31 PM
rofl i know someone here that has gotten them and they really are garbage and a half!!

Seymour222
12-06-2008, 12:32 PM
rofl i know someone here that has gotten them and they really are garbage and a half!!

Oh snap.

Julio
12-06-2008, 12:37 PM
hahahah funny shit. This been going on for so long I just dont know how people still try to pull it off.
Like 6 years same shit happened to me and my brother @ Gwinnet mall.. I wasnt familiar with the scam/fake, but I always get curious and since I used to live in New york, I know how easy it is to get scammed. I told the dude, i know you are selling me crap shit for good stuff and He laughed and said "Ok man, youre lost, I'm not dealing with you". And the reason I mentioned new york is because, that is the capital of people selling shit out of there trunks.. Shit, fuck trunks, In all the corners you will see shit like this.. matter of fact, they have strips dedicated to shit like this.

Everytime I see people selling shit out of there trunks, I get curious..... and if you know what you are dealing with you may just have a good entertaining 5 to 10 minutes. Just have to set your mind, "its either a scam or fake, Don't buy"

collins
12-06-2008, 01:23 PM
lol i've had this too... these guys were in a black avalanche tho... :dunno: lol they were sayin they'd sell me this $2500 5.1 speaker set for $700... i told them i'd be wasting my money... my front speakers alone are worth $2500... not to mention my rears, sub, amp, etc... lol he was just like "oh... well how about for a christmas present then?" i just laughed and walked away.

PRiMAdonna
12-06-2008, 10:29 PM
You don't have to tell me it's a scam for me to know better than to buy anybody's anything out of the back of their van

AnthonyF
12-06-2008, 10:30 PM
Thanks for the heads up bro. I live down the street from cumberland and was actually there today.

-Ant.