PDA

View Full Version : Woman, alleged carjacker killed near Acworth

kelly marie
09-12-2005, 12:01 PM
Truck hits vehicle; witness shoots armed man

Associated Press
Published on: 09/12/05
A woman and the man accused of carjacking her vehicle are dead after a crash near Acworth.

Cobb County police say a man was standing in the middle of Cobb Parkway today and carjacked the woman's vehicle. An oncoming cement truck hit the vehicle, killing the woman.

A witness got out of his truck and realized that the suspect was armed. The civilian, who also was armed, shot and killed the suspect. Police are now trying to determine whether the suspect was wanted in connection with a recent rape in the area.

Police are questioning the driver who shot the suspect.

They have not released the names of the two people who were killed.

word is the dude is from New Orleans.. that was the word from the rape victim. one of the girls i work with knew one of the witnesses.. he is a big client here at my office..

Kristi
09-12-2005, 12:17 PM
damn, poor lady

kelly marie
09-12-2005, 12:17 PM
yeah and what sucks is there was a baby in the car... i think the baby is ok but they have not said anything yet... crazy world

Kristi
09-12-2005, 12:19 PM
at least the baby is ok - or so they think. but still that poor baby will grow up without its mom.

i'm glad the carjacker was shot!

Brett
09-12-2005, 12:19 PM
Glad the suspect was killed atleast

silver
09-12-2005, 12:20 PM
I saw the helicopter land on 41... if its the same thing..... it says Acworth but it was up here by Windy Hill Road...

kelly marie
09-12-2005, 12:31 PM
i dont think so... it really was in acworth.. see the witness who shot the dude, the women dead, and the guy who we know all live in the same subdivision and know eachother... they were right down the street from their houses... neighborly love.... i like to know that there are still some people who would do anything for someone else...

A.P. Photography
09-12-2005, 12:34 PM
Sad to hear the woman died but glad to hear the driver shot the suspect. Got what he deserved. I don't want to seem bitter but I really hope that all the low life criminals and such do not take up residence here or in any other city but go back to NOL when it is drained.

kelly marie
09-12-2005, 12:38 PM
***more info***

An apparent carjacking victim was killed Monday morning in north Cobb County when her sport utility vehicle was broadsided by a cement truck. The suspected carjacker was then shot to death by a bystander when he tried to run from the wreck scene.

About 9:30 a.m., a motorist northbound on Cobb Parkway noticed a white Toyota SUV pulled over to the side of the southbound lanes just south of the Lake Allatoona bridge, said Cobb police Cpl. Dana Pierce.

A man was beating a woman outside the SUV, and the northbound motorist stopped his vehicle and started across the four-lane roadway to help the woman, said Pierce.

The suspect then pushed the woman back into the SUV and took off, with the doors to the SUV still open. A short distance later, the suspect tried to turn left onto Lake Acworth Drive, and a northbound cement mixer struck the SUV in the passenger's side, killing the woman, Pierce said.

Pierce said the suspect exited the SUV and was running toward a nearby gas station when he was shot and killed in the middle of the roadway by a man who had gotten out of a southbound Dodge pickup truck.

Acworth police spokesman Wayne Dennard said his department is investigating the possibility that the man killed Monday morning was the suspect in a Tuesday rape allegedly committed by a Hurricane Katrina evacuee.

"He does meet the general description," Dennard said.

Dennard said the victim of Tuesday's rape told investigators that her attacker "said he was from Louisiana and his family was dead and he had nothing to lose."

silver
09-12-2005, 12:41 PM
Well something happened at 41 and Windy Hill too then.. I heard from someone that works over there that it was a shooting.. i have not seen anything in the papers yet??

rickgiblin
09-12-2005, 12:43 PM
i was listning to the news and it said that the baby was not in the vehicle when it wrecked. the baby was at a family members house. but its so sad to hear that the mother died. its espically sad knowing that the baby will have to grow up without memmories of his/her mother. its a terrible socciety now'n'days. (o and sorry about the spelling... im not good at it)

kelly marie
09-12-2005, 12:45 PM
well thats good the baby wasnt in there...

tony
09-12-2005, 01:43 PM
Dont want to change the subject but this is a good example of why the right people should be allowed to carry a weapon on them, the guy obviously didnt have good intentions.

Sad story and I hope the guy is suffering right now.

kelly marie
09-12-2005, 01:45 PM
the suspect was shot and killed... cuz of the witness... ^ agree about the weapons...

rickgiblin
09-12-2005, 01:47 PM
Dont want to change the subject but this is a good example of why the right people should be allowed to carry a weapon on them, the guy obviously didnt have good intentions.

Sad story and I hope the guy is suffering right now.
which guy are you talking about? i think im lost.

99ITRGIRL
09-12-2005, 01:50 PM
I heard something about that on the news today! I live in Acworth....hmmm....

Bishop
09-12-2005, 01:53 PM
yeah...the guy that should be suffering is dead...

tony
09-12-2005, 02:04 PM
which guy are you talking about? i think im lost.

Hopefully the suspect is suffering, in my mind I feel like death was an easy way out for him. Think about it, if what the article says is true then he did this because he felt he had nothing to lose and in the end he got what he wanted.

TranceDJ06
09-12-2005, 02:18 PM
is that the one that happened this morning around 10am on cobb parkway and lake acworth dr? or something with a police chase and ended in a crash and deadly shooting

kelly marie
09-12-2005, 02:19 PM
is that the one that happened this morning around 10am on cobb parkway and lake acworth dr?
yes

TranceDJ06
09-12-2005, 02:19 PM
Ya'll hear about the "rape in acworth" supposedly he told her he was up here from new orleans and he has nothing to loose for and his family is gone so he beat her and raped her then stole her car and left.

d'oohhh My bad..I didnt read tha bottom part..the guy who got shot and later died is the guy who raped the women in acworth. :confused:

rickgiblin
09-12-2005, 02:50 PM
Hopefully the suspect is suffering, in my mind I feel like death was an easy way out for him. Think about it, if what the article says is true then he did this because he felt he had nothing to lose and in the end he got what he wanted.
yes i agree with you. if i would have been that civilian, i would have tried to shoot him in the leg or something, not straight in the chest. i wish the carjacker would have sat in a hospital for a day and got better then sent him to the local prison and let him rott in there for many and many of years

kelly marie
09-12-2005, 02:54 PM
yes i agree with you. if i would have been that civilian, i would have tried to shoot him in the leg or something, not straight in the chest. i wish the carjacker would have sat in a hospital for a day and got better then sent him to the local prison and let him rott in there for many and many of years

prison is heaven compared to wherever this dude is from im sure... he took someones life in his own hands and got the punishment he deserved. now the family of that poor women has to deal with that mans stupid actions all because he had nothing left... why not just kill yourself instead of making someone else's life hell? i dont understand people....

rickgiblin
09-12-2005, 02:58 PM
prison is heaven compared to wherever this dude is from im sure... he took someones life in his own hands and got the punishment he deserved. now the family of that poor women has to deal with that mans stupid actions all because he had nothing left... why not just kill yourself instead of making someone else's life hell? i dont understand people....
dam once again... she speaks the truth

Nah Mean?
09-12-2005, 04:32 PM
that's wild!

Julio
09-12-2005, 04:41 PM
1st the need to get the story straight...

Second... I wonder why that other dude even shot the suspect? I wonder how that will ride in court?

3rd who shot him? dude in te cement truck or in the dodge truck?

Anyway stories are not straight..

kelly marie
09-12-2005, 07:24 PM
1st the need to get the story straight...

Second... I wonder why that other dude even shot the suspect? I wonder how that will ride in court?

3rd who shot him? dude in te cement truck or in the dodge truck?

Anyway stories are not straight..
1st the story is straight on my part.. one of the witness is a client of ours..
2nd the witness shot the suspect cuz he saw the suspect carjack the women and apparently saw the weapon he used to do it
3rd the witness shot him and he shot him cuz he was gonna kill the women anyway... dude in the cement truck was just trying to drive through and hit the lady's car

Julio
09-12-2005, 07:46 PM
1st the story is straight on my part.. one of the witness is a client of ours..
2nd the witness shot the suspect cuz he saw the suspect carjack the women and apparently saw the weapon he used to do it
3rd the witness shot him and he shot him cuz he was gonna kill the women anyway... dude in the cement truck was just trying to drive through and hit the lady's car

Uhh... The suspect didnt kill the woman? (directly) The crash did? The guy, Didnt see the guy car jack the woman, He saw them struggling in the car while driving on the hwy or street.

My thing is, A cop wouldve asked u to put your weapon down before they even shoot ur ass ( in most cases) if the cops do not follow this procedures what give this civilian the right to shoot this guy who didnt even fire a shot..?
The cop shoots and gets suspended or in some cases prolly fired.

I think the dude in the truck was just a nosy idiot and shouldve called the cops when he was following the SUV... But no, He prolly felt like beeing called a Hero or something..
He was interviewed and didnt even give straight answers.

Julio
09-12-2005, 07:50 PM
Oh, and who knows, maybe if he wouldve called the cops, she wouldve probably be alive.. 50 50 thing at this point.
And the criminal in jail to suffer.. death was an easy way out.

Evadethishonda
09-12-2005, 09:05 PM
I saw the guys dead body layin on the ground. I drove past right after everything happened. Her car was pretty much flat, sad to hear her go. but the bastard that died deserves it

tony
09-12-2005, 09:14 PM
My thing is, A cop wouldve asked u to put your weapon down before they even shoot ur ass ( in most cases) if the cops do not follow this procedures what give this civilian the right to shoot this guy who didnt even fire a shot..?
The cop shoots and gets suspended or in some cases prolly fired.

If the civilian is armed and not posing an immediate threat I'm sure that would be true, but the guy had just carjacked someone at gunpoint. Knowing this do you still think a cop would ask you to put your weapon down?

kelly marie
09-12-2005, 11:36 PM
If the civilian is armed and not posing an immediate threat I'm sure that would be true, but the guy had just carjacked someone at gunpoint. Knowing this do you still think a cop would ask you to put your weapon down? very very good point

kelly marie
09-12-2005, 11:37 PM
the witness who shot the suspect did the right thing in my opinion... the suspect had no care in the world and probably wanted to die

Jaimecbr900
09-13-2005, 02:47 PM
Good job to the good Samaritan. :goodjob:

Julio
09-13-2005, 02:50 PM
If the civilian is armed and not posing an immediate threat I'm sure that would be true, but the guy had just carjacked someone at gunpoint. Knowing this do you still think a cop would ask you to put your weapon down?

I asked a sherriff today... and accoding to him.. yes. Is a certain procedure you have to follow... But totally diffrent scenerio here.

Kristi
09-13-2005, 02:50 PM
Good job to the good Samaritan. :goodjob:

seriously! good thing he was armed and could shoot the guy!