PDA

View Full Version : My bro's old '72 - 510; IF you see it...

MSP1660
12-05-2008, 09:53 PM
Hey all. I don't know where else to post this but here goes. My bro had an old 72 Datsun 510 with the SR20DE swap. It had a Magnaflow exhaust and Konig Rewinds (mocking the panasports) in charcoal. The car itself is Mustard Yellow as described by my parents. It was stolen about a year or so ago and has been missing since. It didn't really run as the radiator blew up and couldn't run for more than 5 minutes without overheating. It's probably missing a hood as the hood is in MY garage. It also doesnt have the front bumper. I am assuming it is N. GA somewhere being that I know who took it. I won't name names but if you see one with a different colored/mistmatched hood (like the wrong one)/ or just see one for sale, please contact me immediately. This was my brother's love and the asshole who once was married to my mother decided to highjack it like a dickfore. Here is the best pic I have of it, bare with me if the quality isn't up to par.

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa219/TheDirtyGoatee/094-1.jpg

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa219/TheDirtyGoatee/166-1.jpg

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa219/TheDirtyGoatee/096-1.jpg

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa219/TheDirtyGoatee/095-1.jpg

Oh and if you see, the tint is nearly limo and the interior is from a 240 with no rear seats. It was swapped by Balanced Performance I believe. Gotta dig those pink hood pins!

Like I said, this was a year ago or better. However, if I could reunite him with this car, it would be the ultimate Christmas/Birthday present. I might even scrounge a reward to anyone who can get me a location on it. I'm not rich but just knowing where it's at would solve some anger issues I currently have.

Thanks!

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place but it's definitely old school, it was definitely a prized possession and I have NO F***ing clue where else to post this. So please, keep it here for my sake.

ps... the second pic shows the sh*tty wheels that used to be on the car which also reside in my garage.

SiRed94
12-05-2008, 10:31 PM
That wiring looks like a mess.

WalkS
12-05-2008, 10:31 PM
Nice! It's an ugly story about the history of the car. Such a shame. But I hope yall find the car again!

MSP1660
12-05-2008, 11:00 PM
That wiring looks like a mess.

I didn't say it was pretty I just said it was his prized possession. Plus, he had full intentions of getting cleaned up. It was his project car. He paid like 2K for it as you see it and he was ready to dump a shit-ton of money into. He only had it for less than a year and didn't have much time in said year because he was too busy getting fucked over by his employer. In either case, I want it back even if he doesn't.

Gotta love that "Made in America" sticker though, right?

SiRed94
12-06-2008, 12:46 AM
Yeah, I mean it looks to be in decent shape. Seen alot more alot worse, hope you find it.

puregroove
12-06-2008, 01:00 AM
I feel this is the right section. The old schoolers are pretty tightly knit--meaning everyone knows someone who owns so and so car. More of the right people will see this post than if it were posted in the stolen cars section.

Good luck finding the car, man. That would be an insane Christmas present. Seeing that you're in the Winder area, I am waiting for a few people to chime in who stay in the vicinity. :goodjob:

mushroom_toy
12-06-2008, 01:05 AM
Im thinking that its long gone by now to be honest with you. Things get parted fast after people steal them. Hopefully someone will see it though, and maybe you can get it back. :)

Glides
12-06-2008, 07:56 AM
I sympathize with you....but....if you A: know who took it, B: have their name and C: know it's somewhere in N Ga....Why not either load up the poke wagon full of The Fuzz and go get it OR get some of your buddies and go dickforce either the car back or a handfull of whooped ass of the guy that got it?

Honestly, what can we do to help that will help you out more than what you already have? I know that car too. A Guy in Winder used to own it if i'm not mistaken. Short guy, detailed cars.....it was a looong time ago that he had it 6 or 8 years ago easily. Can't remember his name though. It was a hot car but wasn't swapped when he had it if it's the same one. It's one of 510 Robs old cars.

Good luck man, but I think you got all you need to know and your friend let too much time pass anyway. Should have handled that shiz point blank when it happened.

MSP1660
12-06-2008, 12:13 PM
The guy my bro bought it from apparently had two and I believe the guy you are talking about is one in the same.

I post it here because I don't know the exact location and to the cops, this is just "another case." He doesn't have a file, he is just being a jackass. He is a mechanic but I seriously doubt he's parted it out. He is too lazy for that. It's probably sitting in a garage somewhere.

I posted it here because I figured "What the hell, we've exhausted most of our other options." Plus we thought we knew where it was exactly, and the cops said without knowing, without him being there, and without being able to contact him (changed his number maybe) they can't just barge in on a building on a whim. For all they know we saw him park it there and want to steal it. It just sucks that's all. I figured this was a long shot but just want to cover my bases.

DVSRX-7
12-06-2008, 03:24 PM
sorry bro.. will keep an eye out

LeX
12-06-2008, 07:03 PM
any idea what part of north GA so if it's anywhere near me I can keep a look out... i know of two in the area both are 4 doors so not it

aaronfelipe
12-06-2008, 07:04 PM
shweet!

EJ25RUN
12-06-2008, 07:17 PM
Terrible story about the theft.

I do have a question though. I realize that orange sr20 510s are common for some reason but that car bares an incredible resemblence to one i saw about 5 years ago. That car belong to a guy working at Gwinnett Honda.

But again, might be just another 510.

MSP1660
12-06-2008, 10:05 PM
I didn't think that was actually that popular a color. I figured black and white we the more popular. Of course, I'm not the Datsun guy, he was. Couldn't really tell you what part of N. GA and it was indeed a two door so yep not it.

I am not trying to create some big search party, just if you happen to see one that resembles that car pictured. Give me shout abouts where you saw it. That's all.

As far as previous owners, all I know is the guy had two of them and this was the lesser of the two he had which is probably why he sold it. I believe his other one was white.

Big_Dave
12-08-2008, 11:38 PM
Terrible story about the theft.

I do have a question though. I realize that orange sr20 510s are common for some reason but that car bares an incredible resemblence to one i saw about 5 years ago. That car belong to a guy working at Gwinnett Honda.

But again, might be just another 510.
You are talking about Jerrad that worked for gwinnett place honda. This car was his, after I traded it to him for a minivan. :no: Jerrad had balanced do the butcher job of wiring that you see in the picture. Glides is right it did used to belong to Rob a long time ago. I bought it from the guy that bought it from Rob, then I traded it to Jerrad who SR swapped it, He then traded it to a guy named Dino who took it to Ultimate Auto Boutique, and then sold or traded it some one. Wow this car has been around. I sold it in 2003. Good luck with finding it. I'm near winder, I'll keep an eye out for it

LeX
12-09-2008, 08:51 AM
You are talking about Jerrad that worked for gwinnett place honda. This car was his, after I traded it to him for a minivan. :no: Jerrad had balanced do the butcher job of wiring that you see in the picture. Glides is right it did used to belong to Rob a long time ago. I bought it from the guy that bought it from Rob, then I traded it to Jerrad who SR swapped it, He then traded it to a guy named Dino who took it to Ultimate Auto Boutique, and then sold or traded it some one. Wow this car has been around. I sold it in 2003. Good luck with finding it. I'm near winder, I'll keep an eye out for it

GA 510s are whores unfortunately :(

that's why the wagon is a Carolina car :cheers:

Glides
12-09-2008, 02:50 PM
That car isn't orange. That is the Mustard Yelow one that belonged to that Car Wash guy. Dammit I can't remember his name but that car is very nice. I remember it because the window frames were painted the same color as the car and I remember those wheels.

Man good luck. I'll ask around some of the people I know and see if they recognize it or have seen it.

MSP1660
12-09-2008, 09:05 PM
Thanks to all for the help and lookouts. It might actually be closer to Loganville than Winder. I found that out today. Apparently it wasn't exactly where I thought it was so good thing I didn't post a definite location. My mom told me "Good luck getting it back."

So it would seem that my sister has had the asshole's number all along. Since he doesn't know my number, I'll give him a call soon and see if I can't get some information out of him. I'd appreciate the help still just in case.