PDA

View Full Version : Bush Supporters what do you think?

Nemesis
09-12-2005, 10:14 AM
edited by mod

malfeas99
09-12-2005, 01:07 PM
Unfortunately, the entire point of the post is logically fallacious.

This individual claims he wants to have a logical, structured debate, but in doing so has committed several logical errors already, the most fundamental and principal being violation of the 'Burden of Proof' rule.

He made 3 postulates. It is up to him, not others, to present evidence validating those postulates, not for others to prove them wrong.

Once he presents his evidence, the evidence can be brought to a rational public forum and be discussed. Up until then, it's just meandering leftist political masturbation. Which is what lost them the last election to begin with.

AznTraitor
09-12-2005, 06:08 PM
I dont think the guy even understands what he is asking....I think he's been listening to, too much talk radio and just repeating what they are saying.

If he thinks they are so corrupt and whatnot, why doesnt he prove it to me? why do we have to do all the work while he just ignores what everyone has to say anyways?

this kinda person resembles the twins...

Kristi
09-13-2005, 12:00 PM
this kinda person resembles the twins...

i was waiting for a remark like that. he may not have posted evidence to support what he says, but he is right.

but at the same time - do bush supporters post evidence that he is wrong?

Brett
09-13-2005, 12:02 PM
but at the same time - do bush supporters post evidence that he is wrong?

Same question can apply to guy 2 as well, can be taken both ways

Kristi
09-13-2005, 12:05 PM
i said that - he didn't post his evidence , but neither did anyone else.

malfeas99
09-13-2005, 12:09 PM
i said that - he didn't post his evidence , but neither did anyone else.

That's completely irrelevant.

If he doesn't post his evidence, then it's not worth the time to even bother.

Tell you what, I'll write a long, hotly worded, insulting post about how I am absolutely sure the Keebler elves rule the universe, and demand that people post evidence to prove me wrong.

Watch how many people take it seriously.

I'm gonna go with 'none'.

Opinions are not all created equal.

Kristi
09-13-2005, 12:22 PM
That's completely irrelevant.

If he doesn't post his evidence, then it's not worth the time to even bother.

Tell you what, I'll write a long, hotly worded, insulting post about how I am absolutely sure the Keebler elves rule the universe, and demand that people post evidence to prove me wrong.

Watch how many people take it seriously.

I'm gonna go with 'none'.

Opinions are not all created equal.

love the example, lol

chrisdavis
09-14-2005, 08:53 AM
If he thinks they are so corrupt and whatnot, why doesnt he prove it to me? why do we have to do all the work while he just ignores what everyone has to say anyways?

Corruption and politics go hand in hand, it is such a blanket statement that there is no way to prove it wrong.

Jaimecbr900
09-14-2005, 02:45 PM
, it is such a blanket statement that there is no way to prove it wrong.

That is exactly right most of the time.

People, politicians or otherwise, love to stir the pot of crap until it stinks really bad to then proclaim, "see, I told you I smelled something...." :rolleyes:

Point is that when you make a super broad statement, it makes it almost impossible to prove it otherwise by it's very nature. Sometimes I feel like the person making the statement knows that and it's the only way to remotely support their own belief.

Very good point. :goodjob: