PDA

View Full Version : PARTS TO DO A MINI ME?

Curbow_USMC
09-12-2005, 03:41 AM
What are all of the parts i need to do a mini me, aka, wires, plugs, clips?

Curbow_USMC
09-12-2005, 03:43 AM
i have been looking around but i dont think that the things i have read tell all of the wires and clips i need.

Curbow_USMC
09-12-2005, 12:20 PM
well, i am pulling a whole y8 wiring harnes this week.

green91
09-12-2005, 12:26 PM
y8 or z6 head (preferably a y8 so your dizzy will fit) other than that, i think all u need is to wire in the vtec selenoid and vtec pressure switch and swap ECUs. read on honda-tech to make sure. mini-me are all over h-t.

eViLMunkey
09-12-2005, 05:55 PM
thanx I needed that info myself...

Jon00
09-12-2005, 06:36 PM
y8 or z6 head (preferably a y8 so your dizzy will fit) other than that, i think all u need is to wire in the vtec selenoid and vtec pressure switch and swap ECUs. read on honda-tech to make sure. mini-me are all over h-t.

yep thats all that needs to be done fuel rail swap (i dont know which head u going to go with )

and sorry man that i havnt called u but i have been busy with work

Curbow_USMC
09-12-2005, 08:31 PM
it's cool.... i am not working tuseday. Call me if you can.... i might be truying to do it myself though so i can save money.

I am swaping a y8 head on my y7.

Jon00
09-12-2005, 08:39 PM
it's cool.... i am not working tuseday. Call me if you can.... i might be truying to do it myself though so i can save money.

I am swaping a y8 head on my y7.

WOW this is one thing i wouldnt do if u dont know what your doing

Curbow_USMC
09-13-2005, 07:57 AM
well, the problem is....... If i pay you 200, i'm not gonna have any money left. It is not that i want to do it myself.

btw, The head that i got dont have all of the stuff to it so i am trying to get the missing pices and if i cant i'm gonna have to try and find another head.

I will let you know when i have everything together and then i will let you know if i have the money to pay you to help.

Vteckidd
09-13-2005, 09:11 AM
DUDE, for christs sake listen to us.

IF YOU CANT AFFORD IT, DONT DO IT. if $200 is gonna break your back, DO NOT ATTEMPT A PERFORMANCE MOD.

for the last time man listen to people that have built cars and spent LOTS OF MONEY. If you cant afford it, dont attempt it. You dont know what you are doig, what if you strip a head stud out? what will you do then? what if you put the headgasket on backwards? You say this is your only form of transportation, and that you need it to be reliable, well, then dont attempt a HEAD swap when you dont know what you need or what to do.

No one on this board will give you a complete walkthrough of how to do it on the internet. SEARCH HONDA-TECH.COM and find out the info for yourself. making 234809238490823489028 threads just clutters up the boards and we have no problems helping you out, just listen to us when you ask a question that has been asked 8 million times already.

SAVE YOUR MONEY, and do the head swap when you can AFFORD IT and know what you are doing. I always tell poeple, BUDGET $300 EXTRA when attempting to do a swap or build for "in case shit happens" which sometimes it usually does.

im not trying to be a dick, im trying to keep you from getting in over your head, then youll have no choice but to send your car to a shop, thatll charge you more cause you tore into it

Curbow_USMC
09-13-2005, 11:32 AM
YEA.... GOOD JOB AT NOT BEING A DICK!

I am saving my money. It is just a long going process. I have bought some things already to up the performance of my car. I have bought a turbo, so when i get ready that is one more thing out of the way. I just spent about 5 hours at a junk yard pulling a wiring harnes (knock sencer and all) out of a 99 civic EX so i dont have to worrie about wiring things up and i can just unplug mine and plug this one in. I have a y8 head sitting here and a y8 ECU. I just have to get the parts that the y8 head is missing and a y8 TB and i am ready to go. I have about $270.00 as of now in my "car fund" so if i pay 200 for the job as of now i wond have any more money left. that is why i said something about maybe doing it myself. I will probibly still need some help and will probibly 99.999% sure i will call up Jon000 to help me out because just like you said it is the only car i have to drive and i cant afford not to have it done right the first time.

Jon00
09-13-2005, 11:52 AM
DUDE, for christs sake listen to us.

IF YOU CANT AFFORD IT, DONT DO IT. if $200 is gonna break your back, DO NOT ATTEMPT A PERFORMANCE MOD.

for the last time man listen to people that have built cars and spent LOTS OF MONEY. If you cant afford it, dont attempt it. You dont know what you are doig, what if you strip a head stud out? what will you do then? what if you put the headgasket on backwards? You say this is your only form of transportation, and that you need it to be reliable, well, then dont attempt a HEAD swap when you dont know what you need or what to do.

No one on this board will give you a complete walkthrough of how to do it on the internet. SEARCH HONDA-TECH.COM and find out the info for yourself. making 234809238490823489028 threads just clutters up the boards and we have no problems helping you out, just listen to us when you ask a question that has been asked 8 million times already.

SAVE YOUR MONEY, and do the head swap when you can AFFORD IT and know what you are doing. I always tell poeple, BUDGET $300 EXTRA when attempting to do a swap or build for "in case shit happens" which sometimes it usually does.

im not trying to be a dick, im trying to keep you from getting in over your head, then youll have no choice but to send your car to a shop, thatll charge you more cause you tore into it

+1 for u man

when i was doing my sr20det i got stuck with someone and i had to send 500 bucks on more parts

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD

Curbow_USMC
09-13-2005, 12:31 PM
well.... i hope we dont fuk it up, lol

Jon00
09-13-2005, 02:55 PM
LOL SORRY edit my post i meat to say something my oil and water pump were bad and i had to pay new ones i didnt know that they were going to be bad

Negrodamus
09-13-2005, 04:42 PM
Dude just get a KIA and be happy

green91
09-13-2005, 04:44 PM
im with vteckidd, if you dont have any experience with it, i wouldnt mess with it. its not a small task for a newbie. especially with it being your DD, its not worth the risk

eViLMunkey
09-13-2005, 05:14 PM
bwahahaha.... but yeah it's an inexpensive swap... and yeah... you might want a knowledgable person to help/ aide you in the swap.. I'm getting someone here at my work to help me out with... (I work for a Honda Dealership)...

Curbow_USMC
09-13-2005, 07:42 PM
KIA? wtf..... and i will prob get somebody to help just mostly because it is my DD

eViLMunkey
09-14-2005, 06:04 PM
good idea....

Jon00
09-14-2005, 08:48 PM
good idea....

yeah it is

Curbow_USMC
09-15-2005, 03:12 AM
ok, ok, i get the idea... i am gonna get up with you jon00, just because the simple fact i have never done anything this big and i dont have the money or the time th fuk it up and after we do it then that will be good learning experiance for me (btw, lol, i cant spell worth a crap if you cant tell by now)

oh and one more thing.. are we gonna have to take the whole motor out or are we gonna just take the head off and go form thier?

green91
09-15-2005, 07:32 PM
you leave the motor in the car. you NEED to get on honda-tech.com and read.

Curbow_USMC
09-16-2005, 01:06 AM
i have been woking a lot of hours thies last few weeks, so the only time i get on the web is at work... i will look up some stuf on thier as soon as i can.... and the only reason i was asking about taking it out is because i have seen people take them out to do it in other forums.

98cvcex
09-16-2005, 02:33 AM
yea what vteckidd said

Curbow_USMC
09-16-2005, 03:31 AM
yea yea yea.... I GET IT!

Jon00
09-16-2005, 06:09 AM
yea what vteckidd said
yep what he said

Curbow_USMC
09-16-2005, 08:23 AM
i think you guys are just having fun screwing with me now

Jon00
09-16-2005, 01:26 PM
yeah we are cuz u a noob doing a head swap lol j/p

eViLMunkey
09-16-2005, 05:29 PM
sure sure... I'm doing a similar head swap... but... I'm making sure I have everything in order, before I do the swap.. and make sure I have the time set aside... the money part just goes in w/ buying the parts.. on at a time till I can do it.. not just jumping in blind and hoping when I do it it works... damn NooB's

Curbow_USMC
09-17-2005, 08:33 AM
well, this "noob" is gonna make sure he has all of his shit together also. so :chuckles: lol

LS2ner
09-17-2005, 02:33 PM
idea: Sell turbo you bought for car that will prob never go on it. Take $500 to mike and let him do the swap.

Cause honestly.... do you have everything you need for your turbo system? Dp?Injectors? How will you tune it? charge pipe? oil return lines? Have you had the turbo inspected to make sure theres no play in it? Im really not trying to be a dick either but you have went thru so many ideas and now that you have decided on one you wanna jump in over your head. You didnt need to buy the turbo if you did have the swap done yet. I kinda did the same thing. I managed to spread my budget out to much and ended up spending all my money of different aspects of my car. Instead of focusing on finishing my LS/Vtec like i should have.

SLOWR/T
09-17-2005, 03:17 PM
^^^true true.

eViLMunkey
09-17-2005, 11:37 PM
Good point...