PDA

View Full Version : 1993 300zx hatch help

You_Wish
12-03-2008, 01:16 AM
ok just dont really know much about this car but i might be trading my car for it... its a 1993 Nissan 300ZX Hatch Non Turbo But has 3" Piping All The Way Back To 2, 5" Tips.. All HKS. and dual cold air intakes... the car runs awesome and looks sweet... but if i get on it. it seems to not have much power and he said that it might be becuase of the 3" Piping??

Me86Rob
12-03-2008, 02:39 AM
or because its misfiring. those cars are wiring nightmares

You_Wish
12-03-2008, 03:34 AM
or because its misfiring. those cars are wiring nightmares

yeah but the thing is that it idles great and it runs good but if i get on it just sounds like it has no power

DieselNuts
12-03-2008, 06:58 AM
3" piping for a stock, non FI car is way overkill. Im making around 450whp and only have 2.5" exhaust. Most of the cobra guys say that 3" exhaust is overkill unless you are in the 600whp range.

Kaiser
12-03-2008, 09:34 AM
yeah but the thing is that it idles great and it runs good but if i get on it just sounds like it has no power

Which could very well be the sign of an on-throttle misfire caused by weak spark. The A/F mixture and pressure in the cylinder at idle is easily combustible, but as you push more fuel in there, the overall mixture gets harder to burn.

Could also be the sign of an over-rich mixture at WOT, where not enough air gets into the system. Over-rich could be caused by a mis-tune, or if it's not tuned at all, by some fault in the ECU or something being so far outside of range that the ECU can't compensate. Did you ask the guy if he's got the 02 sensors in the exhaust and still plugged in?

Last, the 3" exhaust is a bit extreme, but does it have aftermarket headers on it? If it's running 3" exhaust with stock manifolds...well.

I'd ask the guy if he has the stock exhaust to go with it just in case, but I'm going to give you the same warning Lexi gave you. Z32's were a wiring NIGHTMARE. :no: If it's a bad spark problem caused by some tiny crossed wire or loose ground or God knows what else, you're going to be spending the rest of your time that you own the car hunting it down more likely than not.

Tech5
12-03-2008, 11:37 AM
Also if the a/c dont work OMG those are pains to replace the ac compresspor!

Me86Rob
12-03-2008, 11:54 AM
man. im honestly not trying to knock you car in any way. but unless you have some serious work done to that thing, this guy is trying to rip you off. Z32's in decent condition go for a good bit. you need to talk to a nissan guy, and take him with you to look at that car. my buddy got a Z32 for his first car. it was always adult owned and garage kept, but still the car has spent more time in the shop than on the street. and when someting goes on these cars, its always gonna be expensive to fix. s

Motivation
12-03-2008, 12:04 PM
IMO, if you don't know much about the car you are thinking about trading for... it might be a bad move, cause when a problem occurs you are going to be lost... And the piping all the way back is a little too big for a stock NA motor.

Barefoot
12-03-2008, 12:19 PM
IMO, if you don't know much about the car you are thinking about trading for... it might be a bad move, cause when a problem occurs you are going to be lost... And the piping all the way back is a little too big for a stock NA motor.i would agree with that.

rmeyer114
12-03-2008, 07:43 PM
im gonna go with these guys on that i actually just traded my truck for my 240 and pretty much got screwed so think long and hard on it man

Me86Rob
12-04-2008, 02:33 AM
or, despite what the majority of IA says, do it anyway.
GL man. you are gonna need it