PDA

View Full Version : CEL---p0505

PRO®
12-02-2008, 09:36 PM
After driving on 75, got off and was waiting at the light and CEL pops on. Car begins to idle at 1600rpms(and fluctuates every so often) and rpms drop fast between shifts. So I go to AutoZone, and they say its throwing p0505. When I went back to my car, and drove away, the light was on, but car drove normal until about 5 minutes later--then it started driving the same way.

whats wrong?

Tech5
12-02-2008, 09:46 PM
Here’s a list of some of the other things that need to be checked before replacing any more parts. The throttle body for a clogged port or improper adjustment. The intake manifold gasket for leakage. The intake air hose for being loose and leaking. Vacuum leaks in general. Incorrect engine coolant temperature sensor output. On some models incorrect throttle position sensor output. Then you get down to the wiring from the computer to the idle air control valve or the computer.an Speed sensor

chaseamundo
12-02-2008, 09:57 PM
I had similar problems....
but mine was my oxygen snesor

Atlblkz06
12-02-2008, 11:45 PM
That code just means wht you already know - your idle is off.
I think your IAC may need help - just my guess.

Barefoot
12-03-2008, 12:28 PM
Here’s a list of some of the other things that need to be checked before replacing any more parts. The throttle body for a clogged port or improper adjustment. The intake manifold gasket for leakage. The intake air hose for being loose and leaking. Vacuum leaks in general. Incorrect engine coolant temperature sensor output. On some models incorrect throttle position sensor output. Then you get down to the wiring from the computer to the idle air control valve or the computer.an Speed sensorcouldnt have said it better.

Atlblkz06
12-06-2008, 02:07 PM
Any luck? Just curious to know what exactly went bad.