PDA

View Full Version : General Chat 2010 GTR V-Spec Revealed!

auxiliary
12-02-2008, 11:30 AM
Not sure if this is a repost or not.

http://www.spike.com/blog/2010-nissan-gt-r-v/71124

Nissan has just dropped the deets on the 2010 super duper edition of their beastly GT-R. The V-spec model, which is to be released just eight days into 2009, is expected to take back the throne as the King of the Nurburgring. But at a cost of more than DOUBLE what a regular GT-R will set you back, what exactly are you getting?
Well, first off, don't expect any more power, at least according to Nissan. Contrary to the rumored 520hp we'd all hoped for, the plan is to stick with the 478hp twin-turbo'd V6 from the regular GT-R, and instead focus on weight and suspension tweaks.

At over 3,800 pounds, the GT-R is portly by supercar standards. To address this, Nissan is ditching the back seats in favor of a carbon fiber shelf, and healthy use of the material in areas like body trim and interior bits has also been revealed. Exact weight figures haven't been released yet, but anything that helps in the power-to-weight ratio department is always good.

The ECU will also recieve an "overboost" tweak, giving the motor more power in midrange revs situations like passing. And I don't mean on the freeway.

All of this is good news, but then we heard the price: $160,000. At more than TWICE what a normal GT-R costs, this is a bit out of hand. It's hard to imagine that a reputable tuner company couldn't take a regular GT-R and make it as fast, or faster, than this V-spec model for a lot cheaper. Guess we'll have to see what kind of numbers the new model makes at the track to see if it's all really worth it.

AirMax95
12-02-2008, 11:32 AM
Surf Control ownz me at work....

ttman
12-02-2008, 08:12 PM
lol. pass.

Atlblkz06
12-02-2008, 08:22 PM
lol...

I'll take a Z06 AND a Viper ACR with money left for mods...

chameleon30038
12-02-2008, 08:38 PM
we will see how this turns out ...$160,000 is really too "portly"

RL...
12-04-2008, 12:41 AM
not worth it

Bruce Leroy
12-04-2008, 06:19 AM
Nissan is on that bullshit.

If they fixed the weak transmission, and brought back launch control, people would pay for the v-spec

Atlblkz06
12-04-2008, 12:48 PM
Nissan is on that bullshit.

If they fixed the weak transmission, and brought back launch control, people would pay for the v-spec

Nope, I still wouldn't. At this pricepoint I'm willing to pull the "Its still a nissan" card.

I'd opt for an ACR for racing, and a 335 for a DD + mods.

JITB
12-04-2008, 01:06 PM
this vspec will sell just as much as the others have...

and this car is still cheaper than the R34 Ztune..that came out 3 years ago...

Thighs
12-04-2008, 01:12 PM
not worth it

:eek:

agreed though. it still probably wont beat the ACR in SHOWROOM STOCK form, none of this bullshit race tires etc crap they pulled before.

im really disappointed in nissan lately. ugly cars, HEAVY ASS cars, and expensive at that.

Christopherr
12-04-2008, 03:53 PM
DOUBLE the price!!!! Forgetaboutit!!!

Footefan52
12-04-2008, 04:27 PM
If they fix the weak tranny I would still buy an R8 instead and look like a balla everywhere I went

Benefit
12-04-2008, 04:48 PM
lol fuk that

Ran
12-04-2008, 04:50 PM
this vspec will sell just as much as the others have...QFT

and this car is still cheaper than the R34 Ztune..that came out 3 years ago...Perhaps, but the Z-Tune was more of a novelty car than anything. Limited to 20 units, the rarity of the car explained the price tag. The V-Spec has been the performance model of the GT-R for a while now and the price they're asking for on this model is a bit excessive to say the least. However, bang for buck you're still getting a lot of performance for your money.

BTEC
12-04-2008, 05:00 PM
id still take a r34. even if i had the money sitting around i dnt think id get it. i mean, i love cars but 160 is stupid for less than 500hp and 3800 pounds. now if it was a honda and had DOHC VTEC id have to research and see how many body parts i really dnt need so i could auction them off on ebay. lol!!

JITB
12-04-2008, 05:20 PM
QFT

Perhaps, but the Z-Tune was more of a novelty car than anything. Limited to 20 units, the rarity of the car explained the price tag. The V-Spec has been the performance model of the GT-R for a while now and the price they're asking for on this model is a bit excessive to say the least. However, bang for buck you're still getting a lot of performance for your money.

yea i thought about that after i posted it.. but i couldnt find the original price of the R34 Vspec... someone find it for me.. :thinking:,

Julio
12-04-2008, 05:21 PM
lol.. they are smoking some good shit.

BKgen®
12-04-2008, 05:42 PM
WOW... not even if I had the money :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Deke
12-04-2008, 07:09 PM
Yeah, even though I almost hate agreeing with all of the retards that continually say that these cars suck, that price tag is ridiculous.

none of this bullshit race tires etc crap they pulled before.

Did that ever get proven by a third party? I stopped reading the thread awhile back. I'm not completely convinced until someone other than the car's main competitor confirms it.

Apollo
12-04-2008, 07:19 PM
A friend of Mines dad owns a ACR Viper, its very nice, but i like his Vanquish better:D

allmotoronly
12-04-2008, 08:38 PM
$160k?!?!? I'd buy a used Ferrari or Lamborghini and call it a day.

Ran
12-05-2008, 01:32 PM
yea i thought about that after i posted it.. but i couldnt find the original price of the R34 Vspec... someone find it for me.. :thinking:,The price of a new R34 V-Spec was an average of $80,000 with import taxes in the UK from what I can gather. Showroom models could be had for less if you looked hard enough.

EJ25RUN
12-05-2008, 01:35 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v92/Nismosis/Pooper.gif

I think i'm starting to see why people like anime. :lmao:

OaTmeaL
12-05-2008, 03:03 PM
I do not know what to think about it. I saw the white one at the V and I still like the R34 better... I would take a M5 over the new Skyline

Atlblkz06
12-05-2008, 04:08 PM
$160k?!?!? I'd buy a used Ferrari or Lamborghini and call it a day.

Ever wonder why F cars switch hands so often? People grossly underestimate the amount of maintenance these cars require and how much that crap costs.

So every time I hear "I'm moving up man, I'm buying a 430", I kinda have to go :lmfao: on the inside a little bit.

EJ25RUN
12-05-2008, 04:14 PM
Ever wonder why F cars switch hands so often? People grossly underestimate the amount of maintenance these cars require and how much that crap costs.

So every time I hear "I'm moving up man, I'm buying a 430", I kinda have to go :lmfao: on the inside a little bit.

Do you remember what the mileage increments are for engine rebuilds?

Atlblkz06
12-05-2008, 04:59 PM
I don't know the exactly maintenance schedule but they require a big maintenance package every 30k miles. I mean stuff like a new timing belt, a bunch of readjustments, new fuel filters etc.

I dont know why their schedules are so close, I guess thats what it takes to keep a high-strung motor like that running smoothly. And tracking one of those must be financial suicide lol. I think its kinda like polo - you do it to show off.

EJ25RUN
12-05-2008, 05:53 PM
I don't know the exactly maintenance schedule but they require a big maintenance package every 30k miles. I mean stuff like a new timing belt, a bunch of readjustments, new fuel filters etc.

I dont know why their schedules are so close, I guess thats what it takes to keep a high-strung motor like that running smoothly. And tracking one of those must be financial suicide lol. I think its kinda like polo - you do it to show off.

Well, i guess that could be the generic modern Ferrari buyer but there are those that still like what that car represents. You are correct about the high strung part. They do make amazing power vs displacement and rev limits relative to cylinders.

soplocar
12-05-2008, 06:21 PM
160k.... they must be out of their fu..ing minds..... ill get nismo to build me an r34 Z-tune and call it a day, more power, less wegiht, unique, right hand drive, still have a clutch pedal and a TRUE manual tranny, i cant imagine driving a sport car with a semi-auto tranny and no clutch pedal==== no FUN!!!