PDA

View Full Version : Flight 93 Biography....

Brett
09-11-2005, 09:13 PM
If you are not watching this you NEED TO!! Its on Discovery Channel. This is one of the most amazing things I have ever watched. It puts such a human touch to this story. Its on till 11:00 and comes on again. PLEASE watch this. Very sad but gives you a full account of thier story and thier phone calls made from the plane, They are playing all the recordings and just is a amazing documentary.

It took the terrorists on Flight 93 two years to plan their attack. It took the 40 strangers aboard 30 minutes to defeat it.

On September 11, 2001, passengers aboard United Flight 93 – one of four planes hijacked by terrorists that day and the only one to be diverted from its intended target – faced the unthinkable and inspired a nation. This is the story of their courage as told through unparalleled access to actual voice recordings, the personal accounts of family and friends, and extensive research into the events on board. Follow the account of their "first strike back at terrorism" and learn how these complete strangers – united by adversity – came together to thwart the terrorists' plans.

The Discovery Channel is honored to present this special tribute to the heroes who gave their lives to save others.

http://shopping.discovery.com/DiscoveryStore/images/products/largenew/731885_lg.jpg

ProjectWidow
09-11-2005, 09:16 PM
If you are not watching this you NEED TO!! Its on Discovery Channel. This is one of the most amazing things I have ever watched. It puts such a human touch to this story. Its on till 11:00 and comes on again. PLEASE watch this. Very sad but gives you a full account of thier story and thier phone calls made from the plane, They are playing all the recordings and just is a amazing documentary.
Damn I wish I was still watching this. I started to watch it and got one of those "forgot to do something" feelings and remebered I had 2 tests tomorrow so now im studying or at least trying. But from what I saw it was great!

Well watch again when its on!

Brett
09-11-2005, 09:17 PM
Comes on again at 11pm. This is not something you want to miss. Me and Leisa have had tears running down our face for over an hour straight. You all REALLY need to watch this.

ProjectWidow
09-11-2005, 09:20 PM
Comes on again at 11pm. This is not something you want to miss. Me and Leisa have jad tears running down our face for over an hour straight. You all REALLY need to watch this.
I will try to watch it at 11 but I may fall asleep before it ends. Another awesome documentary is Up from Ground Zero. I can lend it to you if you want to see it.

Brett
09-11-2005, 09:21 PM
This is more than that, this is reinactments based on factual calls, etc.. they show you first hand a full all out view of what happened on this flight. Not just someone taling about it, its all events being shown on the plane on how things went down based on actual calls that they play while showing it

ProjectWidow
09-11-2005, 09:23 PM
This is more than that, this is reinactments based on factual calls, etc.. they show you first hand a full all out view of what happened on this flight. Not just someone taling about it, its all events being shown on the plane on how things went down based on actual calls that they play while showing it
Yeh the parts I got to see where the people boarding the flights. Can't wait to see the rest

Brett
09-11-2005, 09:25 PM
So turn it on

ProjectWidow
09-11-2005, 09:27 PM
So turn it on
Study time now, or at least trying

Hulud
09-11-2005, 09:28 PM
yea i was watching it with my dad and he was in NYC when it happened only 1 block away, and he said "you will never know what it was like since oyu werent there" then a few minutes later we were talking he said that the next week was the hardest and i saw some tears roll down his cheek, that is the first time i've seen him cry, im 20 years old.

i cant imagine how hard it has to be for everyone who was directly involved. he knew 6 people in the WTC who died, one had gotten out and was hit by the second planes debri and died

Hulud
09-11-2005, 09:30 PM
he said that its the same in any huge event (like N.O.) that people will never know what it was like just from TV you had to be there

Brett
09-11-2005, 09:31 PM
^^ And this is why I say its so important for people to watch this, Gives "Us" an idea of what happened and lets them have thier story told.

Hulud
09-11-2005, 09:32 PM
yea thats why im watching it

Brett
09-11-2005, 09:33 PM
Its just left me speechless..... I have never been touched by any one story like this is hit me.

Hulud
09-11-2005, 09:35 PM
exactly

Brett
09-11-2005, 09:38 PM
People need to see this also because these are the first people in America who TRULEY FOUGHT BACK AGAINST TERRORISM FIRST. They fought the first fight and won, and for that, I myself will be grateful to them, They sacraficed thier lives to save countless lives in Washington, and they did it with only 21 minutes until it would have reached the capital.

5thgcelica
09-11-2005, 09:38 PM
damn not having cable!

Leisa
09-11-2005, 09:43 PM
I cant even express how this documentary touched me... it is amazing... :(

Brett
09-11-2005, 09:47 PM
Well now they are interviewing the family members of those killed on flight 93, they are being spoken to just after they saw the story we just watched. Tom Brokaw is doing the interview.

It is amazing how they managed to get as much of an accurate time line they did, the phones calls they played were real, the people on the flight knew about the first 3 planes and what they were used for, they decided they were not going to let these hijackers take thier lives on the Hijackers terms, they were going to take back what these cowards tried to take from them and gave thier lives to save countless others that would have been killed if they didnt fight back.

Jordan_W
09-11-2005, 09:49 PM
i agree with everyone, i just finished watching it. It makes it feel so real, seeing that everyone had a story to tell of their own. Especially the beginning showing why each person was getting on the plane. Like Brett said, I am speechless as well. Just seeing those clips of the planes being flown into the towers brings back so much emotion. As I was watching the show, I kept thinking about what the people were actually thinking as this was unfolding. Also I cannot even imagine what that would have been like to see through the glass as you were approaching your death. (tower, buildings, ground)......wow

brads94accord
09-11-2005, 09:52 PM
i just watched it, it was really really good. they are interviewing the families right now.

Brett
09-11-2005, 09:53 PM
Everyone of these people had a story to tell, and It showed 40 peoples stories of that morning and the time lime of how they stood up and said "No More" and fought back.

Watching the story of them that morning at the airport just made me reflect to how that AM things in this country were so normal and it was just the start of another day, and this event has in some way touched us all and changed our lives forever and the face of this country as well.

Brett
09-11-2005, 10:06 PM
Here is a link to buy the DVD. 100% of the cost is going to pay for the memorial site they are going to build at the site of the plane crash

http://shopping.discovery.com/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10000&catalogId=10000&langId=-1&productId=58878&partnumber=731885&jzid=40588001-37-0&ref=http://dsc.discovery.com/convergence/flight/flight.html

kilpatty43
09-11-2005, 11:58 PM
it was a very touching documentary....

Brett
09-12-2005, 07:23 AM
I will proably buy it this week, I have the CNN 9/11 one that came out a few months after 9/11, I will get this to have years down the road

blacknightteg
09-12-2005, 07:25 AM

It took the terrorists on Flight 93 two years to plan their attack. It took the 40 strangers aboard 30 minutes to defeat it.

On September 11, 2001, passengers aboard United Flight 93 – one of four planes hijacked by terrorists that day and the only one to be diverted from its intended target – faced the unthinkable and inspired a nation. This is the story of their courage as told through unparalleled access to actual voice recordings, the personal accounts of family and friends, and extensive research into the events on board. Follow the account of their "first strike back at terrorism" and learn how these complete strangers – united by adversity – came together to thwart the terrorists' plans.

The Discovery Channel is honored to present this special tribute to the heroes who gave their lives to save others.

http://shopping.discovery.com/DiscoveryStore/images/products/largenew/731885_lg.jpg

i thought that it was really cool, i really liked how they portrayed(sp?) what went inside the plane. i started to be honest kind of feeling really sad watching it cuz of all the stories for the people that went along side it

Sho77a
09-12-2005, 08:10 AM
documentery was good but tat shit was shot down by us military aircraft, not defeated by the passengers

The Ren
09-12-2005, 08:17 AM
damn me for not having cable i really wanted to watch it..

A.P. Photography
09-12-2005, 08:41 AM
documentery was good but tat shit was shot down by us military aircraft, not defeated by the passengers
What are you a dumbass, the closest F16 in the area was 150 miles away from the plane when it went down. Not to mention the order to shoot down any aircraft near the Washington, DC did not come till 28 mins after Flight 93 crashed, lets not forget to mention the cockpit voice recorders that recorded the passengers entering into the cockpit just before the plane crashed.

Brett
09-12-2005, 09:05 AM
Yeah they played the voice recordings and you hear the passengers slamming the tray cart into the door and beating down one hijacker and then them coming in the door as the pilot yells he is ditching it

Kevykev
09-12-2005, 09:06 AM
no need to argue in the thread, everyone is welcome to have their own interpretation of what happend on that flight.

Good call though Brett & Leisa, i got my girl to set the Tivo Last night to record it!

A.P. Photography
09-12-2005, 09:19 AM
no need to argue in the thread, everyone is welcome to have their own interpretation of what happend on that flight.

Good call though Brett & Leisa, i got my girl to set the Tivo Last night to record it!
Their own interpretaion? How can you have an idea that it was shot down when facts show there was not an aircraft in the area that could shoot them down. Not to mention eye witness's that saw it right before it crashed and the way they described it could only mean there was a struggle in the cockpit. :rolleyes:

Sho77a
09-12-2005, 09:22 AM
DUMBASS HUH?

Kevykev
09-12-2005, 09:25 AM
Their own interpretaion? How can you have an idea that it was shot down when facts show there was not an aircraft in the area that could shoot them down. Not to mention eye witness's that saw it right before it crashed and the way they described it could only mean there was a struggle in the cockpit. :rolleyes:

Because regardless of what evidence is apparent, it is still up to a person to choose whether to believe it or not!

Bottom Line there will always be an argument of authenticity!

You know how conspiracy theorist are man, i don't have to tell you that.

Unless they were able to witness the events unfold from a 3rd person perspective, they will choose whether to believe or call media BS.

It's kinda like those people that believe that we never landed on the moon, and how it was all staged. -Pointless to argue with them

Keep in mind- I'm not defendin Sho77a just, speaking in general.

A.P. Photography
09-12-2005, 09:34 AM
^^ Well this is true.

Kevykev
09-12-2005, 10:40 AM
^^ Well this is true.

Do you wanna Fight me Man!!!

http://www.jbelectric.us/ot/Big%20Smiles/bigban.gif

A.P. Photography
09-12-2005, 10:59 AM
Do you wanna Fight me Man!!!

http://www.jbelectric.us/ot/Big%20Smiles/bigban.gif
http://firekite.com/store/misc/pics/forum2/bobs-stupid.jpg

Kevykev
09-12-2005, 11:02 AM
http://www.jbelectric.us/ot/Big%20Smiles/biglol.gif

Brett
09-12-2005, 11:45 AM
C'Mon guys lets not take this one off topic, I really want to hear what people thought of this last night :)

HiPSI
09-12-2005, 12:09 PM
good show... there were still a lot of holes in the story that they romanticized a bit more than it probably was, but i can see that scenario happening.

btw, "let's roll"

Tiff-O-Bitties
09-12-2005, 12:12 PM
I started watching it last night and fell asleep

Brett
09-12-2005, 12:17 PM
good show... there were still a lot of holes in the story that they romanticized a bit more than it probably was, but i can see that scenario happening.

btw, "let's roll"

Yeah the conversations people had within the plane we wont ever know, but atleast they could get a idea from phone calls made and cockpit recordings what happened