PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good mechanic/shop around Atlanta for basic maintenance?

subtle
12-01-2008, 05:02 PM
Does anyone know of a really good mechanic/shop in the area that takes pride in their work, won't gouge on price, and doesn't cut corners, even on a beater? I'm relatively new to the area, just moved here from Houston, and not familiar with any good shops in the area just yet.

My 90 CRX Si daily driver needs a little work done. I'd like to replace the oil pan gasket, have the timing belt and water pump replaced, and properly drain, bleed, and replace the coolant. I'd be willing to drive most anywhere in the state for the right quality of work, but I'd prefer to stay within an hour or two hour radius of Atlanta. If someone here was qualified and interested I'm open to working out a price for labor. I would supply beer and pizza as well. Sodas for the sober.

Please post up some recommendations or shoot me a PM. I appreciate it.

BTLFED
12-01-2008, 05:03 PM
CRX FTW!

Try Mainstream Performance. They are a sponsor on here and do good work.

There forum on here:

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=173

EmminoDaGreat
12-01-2008, 05:08 PM
We can do all that :D and we are probably the most fairly price place around. 678-567-9384 Mainstream Performance.

BTLFED
12-01-2008, 05:10 PM
We can do all that :D and we are probably the most fairly price place around. 678-567-9384 Mainstream Performance.

^^^^^
Sells crack to school children. :tongue1: :lmfao:

EmminoDaGreat
12-01-2008, 05:15 PM
Gotta make money somehow :D

James777
12-01-2008, 05:22 PM
I always use Christian Brothers Automotive on Eagles Landing Parkway in Stockbridge, GA. They are both honest and competent.

James Stanton

Vteckidd
12-01-2008, 05:26 PM
Mainstream Performance, the Honda Masters highly recommend

BTLFED
12-01-2008, 05:28 PM
Mainstream Performance, the Honda Masters highly recommend

We are two of those Honda Masters and what we say goes.

Well, I guess SPOOLIN counts too. :ninja: :D

Tech5
12-01-2008, 05:31 PM
Biggest crooks out there!!!!!!! Don't even let them change your oil!!

I know the owner an he isnt trust worthy!

I always use Christian Brothers Automotive on Eagles Landing Parkway in Stockbridge, GA. They are both honest and competent.

James Stanton

James777
12-04-2008, 07:03 PM
I worked next door to them for about a year, and i never saw anything that would indicate that. I talked to them on a daily basis and I'd vouch for Dan and Jacob both. They helped Jeff out when his store got broken into by loaning him a computer monitor so we could try to continue to do business (with no inventory and very few tools), and have worked on Jeff and my cars as well as several customers cars with no problems.

James Stanton

BTEC
12-04-2008, 07:10 PM
Mainstream Performance. Because anything else would just be uncivilized.

uproot
12-04-2008, 07:11 PM
Mainstream Performance

BABY J
12-04-2008, 07:14 PM
1st off -- welcome to ATL!! We don't have as many 1500HP bruisers crusing the interstates as Houston, but we got some heat for sure. :)

Not gonna get into shop bashing ... but I will say that Adam Malley > * :)

No seriously, MSP is a great shop for regular maintenance -- performance as well (duh).

I deal a LOT w/ Adam Malley and Pro Import Services: http://www.proimportservices.com/

Adam ALSO owns and runs: http://mallenalley.com/

the performance side of the shop - from oil changes to building Hayabusa powered 1st gen Honda Civics and anywhere in between. They also build custom racecars FROM SCRATCH (see their Personal Prototype section) -- -Adam is the real deal.

Here is a little history on Adam - http://mallenalley.com/ourbackground/adammalley.html

There are many good shops around, but I can vouch that Mainstream and Pro Import are 2 that are worth the drive EVERY time.

Good luck.

BTEC
12-04-2008, 07:16 PM
Not gonna get into bashing ... but I will say that Adam Malley > * :)

No seriously, MSP is a great shop for regular maintenance -- performance as well (duh).

I deal a LOT w/ Adam Malley and Pro Import Services: http://www.proimportservices.com/

Adam ALSO owns and runs: http://mallenalley.com/

the performance side of the shop - from oil changes to building Hayabusa powered 1st gen Honda Civics and anywhere in between. They also build custom racecars FROM SCRATCH (see their Personal Prototype section) -- -Adam is the real deal.

Here is a little history on Adam - http://mallenalley.com/ourbackground/adammalley.html

There are many good shops around, but I can vouch that Mainstream and Pro Import are 2 that are worth the drive EVERY time.

Good luck.
:blah: :blah: :blah: Translation: MAINSTREAM

BABY J
12-04-2008, 07:20 PM
^^ I like them both --- depends on what I need done.

Ass. LOL

BTEC
12-04-2008, 07:31 PM
^^ I like them both --- depends on what I need done.

Ass. LOL
Mainstream and TDF combined they can build pretty much any car, boost motorcycles, 4wheelers, AND TRICYCLES with 4 inch wheels. you bring a car, engine, idea, and ur black card and itll run. Fast if you want it to. WTF else is there? What other shop you know posts pic of the owner parking his Jeep ontop of cars bc he can. They got powuh on tap gatdammit!! How much do u want foooo? Mainstream bish!!!!!

Tech5
12-04-2008, 07:42 PM
to the answer to this right here highlighted! you dont have enough money to get that kind of service , when your looking for someone cheap you get cheap work, now if what your wanting then a price wouldnt be the issue if you got all that service!
If you pay someone an you want them to be cheap you get cheap work, if you dont care as long as you get everything you asked for each time no matter what kind of car it is, your going to spend alittle extra..
My 0.02 cents is , Dont search for the cheapest shop, search for the best customer service,and Great ASE tech that knows his stuff, Now he/she doesnt have to be ASE cert. I seen many that are not an are some of the best techs out there...
But from working at a few shops when a beater comes in they say ( here is a POS that the customer dont have any money to fix) and 9 out of 10 times there right, I dont agree with that statement but many many shops do!

So look for someone that is well known an know what they are doing an try not care about the price, you can tell the most part if a great Mechanic is ripping you raw~ but the ones that dont care an your a great customer will do many things for you,even work on your beater, thanks
Does anyone know of a really good mechanic/shop in the area that takes pride in their work, won't gouge on price, and doesn't cut corners, even on a beater? I'm relatively new to the area, just moved here from Houston, and not familiar with any good shops in the area just yet.

My 90 CRX Si daily driver needs a little work done. I'd like to replace the oil pan gasket, have the timing belt and water pump replaced, and properly drain, bleed, and replace the coolant. I'd be willing to drive most anywhere in the state for the right quality of work, but I'd prefer to stay within an hour or two hour radius of Atlanta. If someone here was qualified and interested I'm open to working out a price for labor. I would supply beer and pizza as well. Sodas for the sober.

Please post up some recommendations or shoot me a PM. I appreciate it.

BTEC
12-04-2008, 07:45 PM
to the answer to this right here highlighted! you dont have enough money to get that kind of service , when your looking for someone cheap you get cheap work, now if what your wanting then a price wouldnt be the issue if you got all that service!
If you pay someone an you want them to be cheap you get cheap work, if you dont care as long as you get everything you asked for each time no matter what kind of car it is, your going to spend alittle extra..
My 0.02 cents is , Dont search for the cheapest shop, search for the best customer service,and Great ASE tech that knows his stuff, Now he/she doesnt have to be ASE cert. I seen many that are not an are some of the best techs out there...
But from working at a few shops when a beater comes in they say ( here is a POS that the customer dont have any money to fix) and 9 out of 10 times there right, I dont agree with that statement but many many shops do!

So look for someone that is well known an know what they are doing an try not care about the price, you can tell the most part if a great Mechanic is ripping you raw~ but the ones that dont care an your a great customer will do many things for you,even work on your beater, thanks
Soooooooo, all that means Mainstream? Gotcha.

:lmfao:

Tech5
12-04-2008, 07:54 PM
I have never used mainstream due that I am a ASE tech myself an dont need anyone to work on my cars, so i can't put my name on them an vouche fo the shop, but what I am saying is Just dont be out there looking for the cheapest shop, because that is what kinda work your going to get!

When looking for a shop, ask around, listen to others, go to the shop an get to know them an get in good graces an try to be a good customer, dont come to a shop with a 09 BMW 740I with 400K miles bitching that something broke an the price is high azz hell, be a good customer an you most of the time get good service from a good shop....

Soooooooo, all that means Mainstream? Gotcha.

:lmfao:

BTEC
12-04-2008, 07:58 PM
I have never used mainstream due that I am a ASE tech myself an dont need anyone to work on my cars, so i can't put my name on them an vouche fo the shop, but what I am saying is Just dont be out there looking for the cheapest shop, because that is what kinda work your going to get!

When looking for a shop, ask around, listen to others, go to the shop an get to know them an get in good graces an try to be a good customer, dont come to a shop with a 09 BMW 740I with 400K miles bitching that something broke an the price is high azz hell, be a good customer an you most of the time get good service from a good shop....
I know whatchew mean. You know me, i gotta throw stupid on something. Oh, and throwing Mainstream's name out there again bc i can. Maybe theyll give me some free stuff for chearleading. :D

Tech5
12-04-2008, 08:02 PM
You never know! Do some jumping jacks!:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:
I know whatchew mean. You know me, i gotta throw stupid on something. Oh, and throwing Mainstream's name out there again bc i can. Maybe theyll give me some free stuff for chearleading. :D

subtle
01-12-2009, 11:13 AM
I just wanted to say thank you to all that took the time to reply to my thread and also send me PM's. Right after I created this a family member back in Houston went in to the hospital and I had to fly back to take care of some things in town. I ended up staying through Christmas but arrived back in Atlanta last week.

I will be replying to each PM that I received and calling the shops that were recommended here. Thanks again for such awesome feedback in a short amount of time. I never expected to get this much help so quickly. You'll have an awesome community here and I greatly appreciate all the feedback.

subtle
01-12-2009, 12:00 PM

Tech5...I think I get what you're trying to say but regarding your first few lines, how do you know how much money I have? ;)

Nowhere did I say I was looking for "cheap" work or prices. I just want solid work at reasonable prices. Here is an example of what I'm not looking for.

I called Honda Carland on Alpharetta Highway, prior to creating this thread, and at that time all I was looking for was to have my rear brake pads and rotors replaced. They had the gaul to tell me that work would be $675. No joke. For a job that can be done in less than an hour they actually asked me for $675!? I then called the parts department and asked them for the price on a rear set of OEM Honda brake pads. $70. Didn't ask them for the price on rotors but let's just estimate that their overcharged price for them would be roughly $50-60 a piece. So $120 + 70 = 190-200. $475 for labor!?

That's the kind of bullshit I'm trying to avoid.

Barefoot
01-12-2009, 06:19 PM
$475 for labor!?

That's the kind of bullshit I'm trying to avoid.thats the dealership for yah. when they dont wan tto work on something because of its age. they give the customer a reason to say fuck that.

abmobil
01-13-2009, 09:36 PM
Will mainstream performance install new valve springs on my 06 Honda R12X Turbo jetski?

I want to run more boost ,but I hear the factory springs are the weak link.

BTEC
01-13-2009, 09:46 PM
Will mainstream performance install new valve springs on my 06 Honda R12X Turbo jetski?

I want to run more boost ,but I hear the factory springs are the weak link.
bring cash.