PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Is this car worth it?

X-Runner
12-01-2008, 01:10 AM
Looking at a 92 Integra. Thinking about getting it but I dont know if I should put the money into it. The interior is clean as can be with no tears or stains. The exterior only needs a front bumper and the hood to be repainted because its chipping.

Here is the hard part, it ran over something and now needs a transmission and lower control arm at min. The trans case is busted and lower control arm is bent a little but all bolt on parts. No damage to the body of the car. Its an auto also. A/C etc all works fine.

Is it worth fixing if I can get the car for $400? What would it be worth fixed? I dont want to be upside down in a daily driver...

Me86Rob
12-01-2008, 01:13 AM
i dont know much about hondas/acuras, but seeing as how its an auto, im pretty sure you can almost steal a tranny, seeing as how 5spd swaps are becoming more common. i had a 92 GSR. it was a great car. comfortable on coilovers even.

X-Runner
12-01-2008, 01:14 AM
I know. The trans should be easy to find for cheap and being an auto is what Id rather have for a daily anyways. The 6 speed is fun and all but you know.

jonathanjone
12-01-2008, 01:15 AM
how many miles on it? how does it run. heck 400 get it. there are plenty of ppl on here sellin everything you need

Me86Rob
12-01-2008, 01:16 AM
i feel ya man. im wishing my mustang and Z were auto more and more. i stay out late and get to tired to drive home, so i end up ditching all the short cuts so i dont have to turn/brake/shift as much lol

X-Runner
12-01-2008, 01:18 AM
how many miles on it? how does it run. heck 400 get it. there are plenty of ppl on here sellin everything you need

Under 200K is all I know. Its my ex-gfs car so Im going to look at it closer tomorrow and see what else it might need. It runs fine and everything else works. It was her daily and made it to Valdosta and back a few times with no problems.

I think Im having a hard time decieding if I want it or not because I only spent $600 buying my 03 Escape that only needed a trans lol

jonathanjone
12-01-2008, 01:26 AM
you got some good finds lol. i thought we did good findin my buddies s13 for 650 that needed a timing belt lol

X-Runner
12-01-2008, 01:28 AM
I bought my 96 Explorer Sport for $300. Only had 48K miles and needed an engine because they put water in it and let the block freeze and crack. Truck was in mint condition. I regret selling that one.

blackyellrx7
12-11-2008, 08:14 AM
its pretty good for 400 all those parts u can get for cheap u just gone have to look around