PDA

View Full Version : Plans after College?

tony
11-30-2008, 05:50 PM
What are they? And do you think you'll have as much time for IA or anything of the like?

I talk to a couple of people from here who are still in school and I know I cannot wait to be finished. Even with work full time, school full time and a son I enjoy IA but I think if all goes as planned I wont have much time to kill once I start my career.

AlanŽ
11-30-2008, 05:54 PM
What are they? And do you think you'll have as much time for IA or anything of the like?

I talk to a couple of people from here who are still in school and I know I cannot wait to be finished. Even with work full time, school full time and a son I enjoy IA but I think if all goes as planned I wont have much time to kill once I start my career.
Get done. Work for IBM or something doing consulting work for a couple of years then go work with my dad. Start at the bottom and work my way up

bigdare23
11-30-2008, 05:56 PM
As soon as I graduate (Dec 13th), I plan on calling it quits with most forums. It's really becoming kind of lame to me now, so why not quit and pick up some better more productive activities?

blaknoize
11-30-2008, 06:04 PM
^^well he's a natural hater all around...

I intend to work for General Employment or the like as a Database Architect. I'll always have time for IA though I dont live there anymore :( . Its just the internet.

Deke
11-30-2008, 06:08 PM
I'm more than likely going to be accepting an offer with Bridgestone tomorrow (although I don't graduate until May). I won't be around the Atlanta area anymore after that so I imagine my posting will slow down significantly, but I'll still be around.

tony
11-30-2008, 06:17 PM
I'm more than likely going to be accepting an offer with Bridgestone tomorrow (although I don't graduate until May). I won't be around the Atlanta area anymore after that so I imagine my posting will slow down significantly, but I'll still be around.

Where are you moving to? Congrats on the position btw.

As soon as I graduate (Dec 13th), I plan on calling it quits with most forums. It's really becoming kind of lame to me now, so why not quit and pick up some better more productive activities?

Plan on making any moves on your career?

green91
11-30-2008, 06:18 PM
Unless the company i work for tanks or things durastically change, ill pretty much be set for my career.

teh bri
11-30-2008, 06:35 PM
I'm not in college yet but I can't wait til I do go.
I plan on going to Gainsville college and transfer to UGA.

After college, hopefully i'll get paid decent and have my own place.

yays.

thecrazyone
11-30-2008, 06:35 PM
i put college on hold after HS because i already had a great paying job, i im just now getting back into school, dont really care/need to, but a degree would be nice. Im still working full time at the same job. and will most likely be the owner in 5 years or so.

TheGrillMan
11-30-2008, 06:38 PM
also have college on hold,

after i finish my BA in culinary arts im going to find a brilliant chef to work under for some years

untill someone wants to buy me a resturant haha

ironchef
11-30-2008, 06:52 PM
Finally decided after many months to do dual degrees (Finance and CIS) at the same time, so now I'm going to be graduating May 2010 :(. Then I wouldn't mind starting a career where I intern @ now in either a finance related position or networks/network security. Save up money, and then go out on my own trading securities/commodities/currencies, etc.

tony
11-30-2008, 06:52 PM
I'll say this, I believe I even made a thread about it before. The job I have now I started at 20.. guys in my shop easily make $80k a year. (I don't cause I cannot stand Overtime) I had the mentality of I don't NEED a degree because I was pursuing entrepreneurship plus my job is well paying and stable.

School is probably a waste of time for some people, but for a lot it cannot hurt. To have something to fall back on when things don't go as planned provides a good cushion. Even if you don't know what you want to do in life, there are state colleges where you can take 1 or 2 classes a semester without paying an arm and a leg.

Deke
11-30-2008, 07:00 PM
Where are you moving to? Congrats on the position btw.

Thanks. The job starts with this traveling rotational schedule for 6 months but I'll be based out of Nashville. After that I'll probably end up working at corporate in Nashville, but I could end up at one of their manufacturing plants, in which case I could be just about anywhere.

hydroshutter
11-30-2008, 07:13 PM
Pretty much be on here as much as I am now (seldom)

School and Work have been hand-in-hand for quite a while now, can't wait to graduate and be done. I secretly love school and love to learn. I would love to travel around and perhaps score a position internationally.

It'd be cool to add a few more things to the end of my name in my signature at work.

Maniacc
11-30-2008, 07:14 PM
I thought this thread was about what some of you are going to be doing after college not if you would still be posting on IA after you're done.

I on the other hand will be on IA til the day I die. That is unless I come across some massive amount of money which I will then leave this fucking country and become a huge freaking douchebag and go e-thug IRL. Picking on people and calling them poor ugly homoqueers.

redrumracer
11-30-2008, 07:15 PM
once i get down with school im going make some money

Kourt
11-30-2008, 07:16 PM
I want to graduate with a degree in nursing(RN) and a degree in business, then ill start off working in a doctors office or ER maybe and work my ass off and save up before I start a family. After a few years of that I would want to get a job as a head nurse at a hospital or something and settle down. I'm basically gonna work where the money is though.

P.S. screw IA :)

Crazy Asian
11-30-2008, 09:47 PM
To me it's a serious waste of time. Even my uncles and aunts are wondering why Im going to school. I got like a line of family business I can run and they all proved to be very successful and I can just take those over. Oh well, Id rather have a degree to fall back on but seriously I look at college and go "Uh is this high school all over again?" (P.E is required credit? WTFUDGE?)

Buttons
11-30-2008, 10:12 PM
I'm in first semester of college at Columbus State University for accounting.

I plan to transfer somewhere after my first year or two.

Then after college, I plan to work with other for my first few years to get some ground work done. Eventually start my own business. Something like that.

D.Choe
11-30-2008, 11:18 PM
I'm not in college yet but I can't wait til I do go.
I plan on going to Gainsville college and transfer to UGA.

After college, hopefully i'll get paid decent and have my own place.

yays.

werd. that's exactly what I did and I hope it works out for you too.

Hopefully if/when I graduate from UGA (shooting for Spring '10) I'll become a translator with my BA in Linguistics. I'll probably get my Masters some other time since I'm planning on studying abroad either in Japan or S. Korea and if I like it enough in either place I'll probably move there and start my career overseas. If anything I'll just teach Engrish to my fellow yellows.

I probably won't get on IA as much, but I'll still keep in contact w/ Ran to send him pics of JDM/KDM lolis.

Nubz
11-30-2008, 11:28 PM
I'm moving back to atlanta for awhile and hopefully going to become a cop and work my way up to something like us marshalls or FBI. but right now i go to the university of maine. just moved here incase your wondering

DrivenMind
11-30-2008, 11:47 PM
I'm transitioning between schools now, but after school I plan to try and track down a job I enjoy doing. Afterwards I will attempt to live like a classy bachelor for several years with low living expenses so I can blow as much money on "toys" that could offer a return on my investment should I put enough time and effort into using them.

My future endeavours are as follows, should I ever have the money to afford it.

Upper Level) Build an in home photo studio, with reasonable post production, and possibly printing. Canon 1D Mark III (and some good glass) - Mac Pro -Epson Stylus Photo R2880

Basement) Build a home recording studio, with an emphasis on sound deadening so I can play as loud as I want to for a few years; and start delving more deeply into audio production. I'm also dying to pick up my first Marshall halfstack (JVM), as well as revamping my current guitars, and amps, and possibly picking up some new guitars. I sorta feel like I owe it myself to own a Les Paul, or at the least another Godin guitar.

That, and have a cheap, practical, sporty car.

and always have fire dank on hand.

jonathanjone
11-30-2008, 11:53 PM
if i knew what i was going to do after college id have a major picked out by now. im still trying to figure that out.. so many choices... idk what to do...

TTMdude
11-30-2008, 11:58 PM
imma be a cop...u think they let u get on the internet in the cop car?

man
12-01-2008, 12:12 AM
I'm gonna be a bum

Friggintitsman
12-01-2008, 08:11 AM
My plans as of now are to join the fire department and get a we site running for my animaitions and sell ad space.

AirMax95
12-01-2008, 09:08 AM
I am going back to school for my Masters. I should be done by age 28. I have a few years working under my belt. My plan is to get a Masters of Science in CIS, then work for a software company developing Logistics software. The way things are going, I will stay at my current company and soak in the experience and bonuses, lol!

All I can tell those people who are undecided, its cool! Just talk to people and take random internships to see what you like.

4dmin
12-01-2008, 09:16 AM
i had less time for IA when i was in school but i made time...

now that im' married and work full time i have more time but take less time out :lmao: