PDA

View Full Version : b series speed sensor

Tensa_Zanget
11-30-2008, 01:11 AM
Will getting a b series speed sensor work for all b series trany? Just got me a tranny today and the speed sensor is there except that the part where the screw goes in is broken so there is nothing to keep the speed sensor and tranny together.

b17a1db2
11-30-2008, 01:15 AM
any b-series speed sensor will fit each other, whether cable or electric driven. should be the same way on d-series as well. i have a cable driven VSS in a hydraulic transmission.

Tensa_Zanget
11-30-2008, 01:20 AM
any b-series speed sensor will fit each other, whether cable or electric driven. should be the same way on d-series as well. i have a cable driven VSS in a hydraulic transmission.

thxs for the info bro! rep for u. also know where or price range for a new speed sensor? cus the one i got i think work fine except that the place taht holds the screw/bolt is broken so nothing to keep the tranny and speed sensor down. If u know any easy way to fix that feel free to leave some suggestions.

b17a1db2
11-30-2008, 01:28 AM
thxs for the info bro! rep for u. also know where or price range for a new speed sensor? cus the one i got i think work fine except that the place taht holds the screw/bolt is broken so nothing to keep the tranny and speed sensor down. If u know any easy way to fix that feel free to leave some suggestions.

yeah, that tab seems to break, when you tighten that 10mm too much. happened to me once. i barely turned it with a 3/8" ratchet, and it wanted to break on me. so now i hand tighten it, then give it a slight tug using 1/4" tools. anyway on to the suggestion of fixing it.

unless you can fab up something, and do your own aluminum welding, i don't see a way on repairing it. VSS usually goes for $40-$60. cable is on the cheaper side of the price range.

Tensa_Zanget
11-30-2008, 01:32 AM
yeah, that tab seems to break, when you tighten that 10mm too much. happened to me once. i barely turned it with a 3/8" ratchet, and it wanted to break on me. so now i hand tighten it, then give it a slight tug using 1/4" tools. anyway on to the suggestion of fixing it.

unless you can fab up something, and do your own aluminum welding, i don't see a way on repairing it. VSS usually goes for $40-$60. cable is on the cheaper side of the price range.

yea im plannng to get a cable speed sensor anyways cus my tranny is a cable. bought the tranny for my swap. so you know where i can get it for cheap or no other choice but dealer?

b17a1db2
11-30-2008, 01:36 AM
yea im plannng to get a cable speed sensor anyways cus my tranny is a cable. bought the tranny for my swap. so you know where i can get it for cheap or no other choice but dealer?

i wouldn't go to the dealer for that part. since it's cable driven, for the one you need. any from a 88-91 civic/crx will work, i know on manual transmissions definitely, or 90-93 integra's also. but i'd say a decent price for one, that i'd pay for if i needed one. is around 40 dollars, 50 tops, if you're desperate for one. but i like to find them for $30 or less.

Tensa_Zanget
11-30-2008, 01:41 AM
i wouldn't go to the dealer for that part. since it's cable driven, for the one you need. any from a 88-91 civic/crx will work, i know on manual transmissions definitely, or 90-93 integra's also. but i'd say a decent price for one, that i'd pay for if i needed one. is around 40 dollars, 50 tops, if you're desperate for one. but i like to find them for $30 or less.

hehe 30-50 is considered cheap? kidding me lol. well as u mention about the 88-91 crx vss how will those work? its a d series. And ironically this tranny is for my crx goin into a b20 swap.

b17a1db2
11-30-2008, 01:49 AM
hehe 30-50 is considered cheap? kidding me lol. well as u mention about the 88-91 crx vss how will those work? its a d series. And ironically this tranny is for my crx goin into a b20 swap.

yeah, 30 is cheap. hahahaa. is that too expensive? lol. and yes, the 88-91 civic/crx vss will work fine, it bolts right in. looks different than the 90-93 integra ones. but i've seen that it works.

Tensa_Zanget
11-30-2008, 01:52 AM
yeah, 30 is cheap. hahahaa. is that too expensive? lol. and yes, the 88-91 civic/crx vss will work fine, it bolts right in. looks different than the 90-93 integra ones. but i've seen that it works.

Hell yea lol 30 is pretty expensive for just a damn sensor! So yea imma take your word for it about the 88-91 crx speed sensor. Guess imma use the speed sensor from my crx and plug it onto my b16 tranny and if it dosent work imma hunt u down :lmfao: jk

b17a1db2
11-30-2008, 01:56 AM
hahaa.. yeah, it should work. i've never done it personally, but i've heard it does work. i've seen it used in a b-series cable transmission. hooked up. drove the car also. and seen it work.. so i'd say it works...

Hell yea lol 30 is pretty expensive for just a damn sensor! So yea imma take your word for it about the 88-91 crx speed sensor. Guess imma use the speed sensor from my crx and plug it onto my b16 tranny and if it dosent work imma hunt u down :lmfao: jk