PDA

View Full Version : new wheels / color for the re-rollout of my FC

2rotor
11-28-2008, 04:20 PM
so today i was out in the garage pulling my upper intake manifold to remove the oil metering system and prep for a VDI swap, i also refinished two of my RP 01s, opinions?
i didnt have time to photobucket these, so i just attached them,
pictures are as follows:
wheels i started with
paint i used
finished product (i clear coated them when i was done, all rattle can)
my engine bay before
as it sits right now.
not in order though

JITB
11-28-2008, 04:29 PM
i thought u painted them alluminum for a second... but they def look better bronze.

tdurr
11-29-2008, 02:05 AM
^^ true story, more reps when i can to the op!

DVSRX-7
11-29-2008, 02:10 AM
nice rims.. but where are your other ones?

2rotor
11-29-2008, 11:02 AM
nice rims.. but where are your other ones?

3 of them are still on the car, one is at work, i left it after i dismounted the tire to put on my 'new' rims.
they might be on the market soon (now)... *wink*wink*
i think i have proper status to post in the for sale section, i have a whole gang of parts i may be trying to move pretty soon.
i painted the center caps on the wheels black too, i used some vht nightshade, the transparent lens tint paint, its cool because it made the cap black, but was thin enough that it pulled back from the lettering just slightly making a highlighted outline around it.

sorry the pics are out of order, i was in a hurry to get to my mom's house for a late thanksgiving dinner.
i didn't just paint the wheels, i had to refinish them as well, a few had quite a bit of rock chips on the face, as well as curb rash. to be honest, it's surprising how much will sand out, i put just a LITTLE bit of primer on the wheel in the picture, but i found out that this paint will fill and cover quite a bit. I wonder how long it will last though. i also put a nice thick coat of clear lacquer on top for shine.