PDA

View Full Version : ...:::IACV question:::...

N/A EK
11-28-2008, 11:52 AM
I got my y8head on my y7 block with everything, excp. the coolant piece under the TB. So I took off mine from my y7 head n put it on the y8 TB. Well now I have 2 IACV, one under the TB and on the back of the y8 manifold. What should i do now??? Just plug up my original one from the y7 TB that i took off , or re-wire the y8 on thats on the y8 manifold and leave one of un-plugged ???

RhdDc2
11-28-2008, 12:24 PM
I dont believe that the piece underneath your throttle body is an IAC valve. It flows coolant through the throttle body for cold starts and to prevent your throttle body from icing in cold climates

RhdDc2
11-28-2008, 12:24 PM
If you want you can just remove that piece completly and block of the holes underneath your throttle body.

scttydb411
11-28-2008, 04:19 PM
I dont believe that the piece underneath your throttle body is an IAC valve. It flows coolant through the throttle body for cold starts and to prevent your throttle body from icing in cold climates

it is an iacv on the y7 tb...it's a 3 wire iacv.

you need to use the one that your ecu is for. if you upgraded to a y8 ecu or chipped p28 and will tune it, then you'll need to do the 2 wire conversion and wire to the iacv on the back of the manifold. if i remember correctly you'll need to also use the y8 tb (or one that doesn't have the iacv on it) b/c it'll cause an idle issue b/c the iacv on the tb will no longer be active (can't remember exactly, but i no longer use my y7 tb and i wouldn't have removed it if there wasn't a reason to).

N/A EK
11-29-2008, 08:31 AM
it is an iacv on the y7 tb...it's a 3 wire iacv.

you need to use the one that your ecu is for. if you upgraded to a y8 ecu or chipped p28 and will tune it, then you'll need to do the 2 wire conversion and wire to the iacv on the back of the manifold. if i remember correctly you'll need to also use the y8 tb (or one that doesn't have the iacv on it) b/c it'll cause an idle issue b/c the iacv on the tb will no longer be active (can't remember exactly, but i no longer use my y7 tb and i wouldn't have removed it if there wasn't a reason to).

^ yeah, thats what I thought. Cuz I think some1 before me put a y8 automatic TB on it , and that one comes w/ the iacv on the bottom. I do have a P2P ecu (ex vtec) that im gonna put it. But then , I was reading about the mini-me swap, and this dude is saying if i put the p2p ecu in ... i have to get a knock-sensor kit n drill it into my block or something. Cuz the p2p ecu requires that:thinking:, so im kinda confused on that 2 lol.

N/A EK
11-30-2008, 01:14 AM
bump , still searching for info....

scttydb411
11-30-2008, 08:15 AM
yes, you'll need to get a knock sensor to keep from thowing the cel on the y8 ecu...don't know if you'll actually have to drill/tap a spot though. can't remember if the y7 already has the spot for it.

N/A EK
11-30-2008, 10:18 AM
yes, you'll need to get a knock sensor to keep from thowing the cel on the y8 ecu...don't know if you'll actually have to drill/tap a spot though. can't remember if the y7 already has the spot for it.

So it will only throw a cell, it will not efect anything else...

scttydb411
11-30-2008, 01:41 PM
i can't remember if the ks cel will put you in limp mode or not. if you go chipped p28 then i can disable it. let me know if you want to go that route...i've got chipped p28's or can chip one if you already have it, but then you'll need to get a conversion harness too (96-98 obd2a-1, 99-00 obd2b-1...get it from www.boomslang.us).

2.25teg
11-30-2008, 09:58 PM
Don't take the piece to coolant lines off it needs them I'll cause the motor to surge

N/A EK
11-30-2008, 10:33 PM
Holy sh!t im lost on this mini-me project lol...

Ok, i figuerd some things out. Im going to use my y7 TB with the 3 wire IACV , and im going to block off the y8 thats behind the manifold. Now my question is... Do i still need to move some wires around for the IACV???? And which ECU do I have to use. I have my original ecu and I have p2p ecu....

N/A EK
12-01-2008, 04:27 PM
bumpp

scttydb411
12-02-2008, 11:26 PM
the y7 tb/iacv will only work w/ the y7 non-vtec ecu or y8 auto ecu. if you're going to use the y8 5 speed ecu or a socketed/chipped ecu w/ obd2-1 conversion harness, then you'll need to do the 2 wire iacv conversion and use the one on the back of the manifold and ditch the y7 tb for a non 3 wire iacv tb.