PDA

View Full Version : emmisions question

ghostrida3
11-28-2008, 07:17 AM
if i fail emmissions at one place do i have to go back to the same place or can i go to a different place?

Elbow
11-28-2008, 08:05 AM
You don't, they take your car.

blackhawk070
11-28-2008, 08:56 AM
if you want a free retest then you must return to the emmissions place that originaly tested it

Tech5
11-28-2008, 10:29 AM
Yeah you must go back to the same place..But if the place is really cool you can go to another place an they can give you a free test, but most places will not do that because it waste a Cert an cost them money

JuLiaN_TM
11-28-2008, 10:41 PM
hey theres a place in marietta that gives u free retest for 30 days .... as many as u need in the 30 day period and the guys are pretty kool ...

there called weatherbys ....

Tensa_Zanget
11-30-2008, 09:54 PM
if i fail emmissions at one place do i have to go back to the same place or can i go to a different place?

well it depends. some places give u another chance. whereas others dont. gl with the emission!

ghostrida3
12-02-2008, 07:57 AM
ok i lost the original sheet and now the place is refusing to test it at all. they say i need the sheet to show where a mechanic worked on it. it sounds like bs to me. they said if i took it somewhere else they couldnt help me unlss i find that sheet. the problem is i cant find the sheet. does this sound like bs or are they telling me the truth?

osiriskidd
12-02-2008, 09:05 AM
its bs. by law they have to give you 3 retests.

idk if its their "policy" to not take the paper, but what i did was just told them i worked on it myself.

ghostrida3
12-02-2008, 09:33 AM
thanks for the response. i told them that yesterday but they refused to retest it because i didnt have the paper on me. and the problem is i cnat find the paper. they let you retest w/ out the paper?

osiriskidd
12-02-2008, 09:43 AM
i'm not too sure about the paper ordeal. i personally always kept mine in the car.

for the record i only failed once due to drive-time.

i mean if its a couple days past, they SHOULD still remember you and your car. they might just be trying to squeeze out another $25...idk.

Nateds16
12-02-2008, 09:43 AM
do you know why you are failing put down what you failed and i can tell you why and put what kind of car you drive and is it obdo obd1 or obd2

ghostrida3
12-02-2008, 10:40 AM
they remember me i think there just being punks about it. i own a 91 mr2 turbo and its the only one they have had come thru their shop per the owner, plus i had a previous mr2 and the tech remembered me from that

the emission #S
Hc ppm-161 allowed 132 fail
co% .87 allowed .73 fail
No ppm 2695allowed 945 fail
rpm 1949 allowed 3000 max
co+co2%14.9 allowed 6.0 min

since then i retarded the timing it helped my old mr2 pass. replaced air filter.( it looked like someone had been using it to make coffee) and replaced plugs. what do you think.?thanks for your help

ghostrida3
12-04-2008, 07:55 PM
ok retarded timing, cleaned air intake, cleaned egr valve. got hc down to 85(132 allowed)
co.76(.72 allowed failed) nox still high but great reduction went from 2600s to 1275(945 allowed failed) any suggestions?

Tech5
12-04-2008, 07:58 PM
I am not reading all of this an might missed it
BUt what kind of car?

JBizzlebone
12-04-2008, 10:09 PM
ok retarded timing, cleaned air intake, cleaned egr valve. got hc down to 85(132 allowed)
co.76(.72 allowed failed) nox still high but great reduction went from 2600s to 1275(945 allowed failed) any suggestions?

Those numbers indicate that your car is running lean. An imbalance in the fuel mixture will raise CO's and your engine running lean will increase your combustion temps(ie. NOx). I would recommend checking your fuel filter first.

If that doesn't do the trick you can check your O2 sensor, fuel pressure regulator, proper heat range on the spark plugs and gap, injectors, carbon build-up.

Like I said, check your fuel filter first and go from there.

ghostrida3
12-05-2008, 09:37 AM
I am not reading all of this an might missed it
BUt what kind of car?

91 mr2 turbo

ghostrida3
12-05-2008, 01:04 PM
just got a cat installed on the pipe after the downpipe. passed emissions w/ flying colors. no wnt from 1200 to .06, everything else non existent.

and ime freeeee freee fallin!!!!!!

thanks everyone for your help

Xrated O.G.
12-09-2008, 12:52 AM
its bs. by law they have to give you 3 retests.

idk if its their "policy" to not take the paper, but what i did was just told them i worked on it myself.

You really have no fucking clue as to what your talking about. So until you get some sort of idea of what the law is then please do us all a favor and shut the hell up.

You only get one free retest (by law) after a failing test has been performed. The shop has the option of testing and retesting your vehicle as many times as they feel like it (again for free) but it will in fact cause the shop to be charged by G.C.A.F. for each Cert that they waste on the vehicle. Once your vehicle has been tested and has failed in order for your vehicle to be restested you must (by law) show the after repair results sheet (you received this once you failed the first test) which has to have been filled out in one of the three possible repair sections. If you do not have that paperwork the facility can and more than likely will tell you to toss off until you find it. They BY LAW have to have the repair form in order to submit to G.C.A.F.

Georgia
Clean
Air
Force