PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods need opinions.

jonathanjone
11-27-2008, 05:32 PM
heres the deal. i have a 95 240 5spd. its got like 155,xxx miles on it. runs pretty good. but i want more power, nothing ridiculous, just a good boost. i got a t25g (sr20det turbo), a xspower manifold, midpipe, some piping, and a greddy bov. i got a good deal on all that so igot it. the turbo needs rebuilt. i was thinkin i could buy some npr rings and pistons, and a gasket set, maybe even get a metal head gasket with some arp headstuds. i was thinkin of either getting sr injectors (370cc) or my friend will have some rb25 injectors (440cc) up pretty soon. then just find a place to do a tune. what do you guys think? to or not too? btw, christmas is coming up soon and i can get my parents to get me a ebay intercooler with piping and maybe oil and water lines for the turbo... opinions? advise.

wesleya1018
11-27-2008, 06:01 PM
get another mani xs stands for xtra shitty

wesleya1018
11-27-2008, 06:02 PM
i wouldnt but anything from ebay either

patrick4588
11-27-2008, 06:18 PM
much be nice to have parents buy turbo parts for you. lol. i personally wouldnt put that kit on my car, it sounds like an ebay special

jonathanjone
11-27-2008, 06:20 PM
ive never really heard anything bad about fmic kits off ebay. btw the only way they will buy that stuff is if it s $200 or less so yea. but besides the manifold and the fmic, nothing else would be ebay.

bRiAnMcIvIcS
11-27-2008, 06:27 PM
www.nicoclub.com (http://www.nicoclub.com) :goodjob:

Do some research.:D

jonathanjone
11-27-2008, 06:40 PM
well ive been researchin like a mug. but ive never owned a turbo so i dont have personal experiences with them. thats why i asked in this section so maybe ppl have has some experiences with this type deal. i talked to one guy on another forum. he told me the fmic i showed him would be fine (ebay). he said i could just rock a safc2 and run it rich and have no problems. but i know ka-t's have to have a good tune. i was just wondering with the stuff ive got and stuff im gettin if it would be a ok idea or destined for failure. i was under the impression that if it had the important parts (i.e turbo, tune) a good brand that id be fine... btw, most of my research was www.ka-t.org but im not a member there.

wesleya1018
11-27-2008, 09:05 PM
your eventualy going to have to change the mani it might work fine for a few months maybe it will work fine for a year its just a matter of time before it cracks just do it right and have one made or buy a cast mani thats your best deal...also you have to consider the car has 155k on it so i wouldnt push it too hard or you'll be looking for a new motor very soon...

jonathanjone
11-27-2008, 09:55 PM
the turbo is internally gated so i would only be pushing like 7 psi.

jonathanjone
11-28-2008, 02:43 PM
well this was just settled by my neighbor... he seems to be the previous owner... he told me all about the car including the problems that it has... and told me random things that theres no way he knew... then ran the numbers and they were a match... the car really has over 230k so no deal on turboing that.:cry:

wesleya1018
11-28-2008, 11:39 PM
ha yeah good idea

jonathanjone
12-01-2008, 04:22 AM
well im gion to pick up a new ka in a couple weeks. its got a brand new head with brand new cams. old block, but what pistons and rods should i buy? i am prolly gonna go with eagle rods... but what pistons. je, cp, and weisco seem to be the main options

bRiAnMcIvIcS
12-01-2008, 04:59 PM
well im gion to pick up a new ka in a couple weeks. its got a brand new head with brand new cams. old block, but what pistons and rods should i buy? i am prolly gonna go with eagle rods... but what pistons. je, cp, and weisco seem to be the main options

CP pistons.:goodjob:

jonathanjone
12-02-2008, 01:44 AM
thats what i was thinkin b/c i found what i think is a good deal. cp pistons, rings, wrist pins, locks, eagle rods with arp 2000 rod studs all for 800. is that a good deal to everyone else? anyone with hook ups lol