PDA

View Full Version : MSD 6al problems

Catnip
11-25-2008, 08:27 PM
My car has had it's 6al box for probably a year now and no one has had problems with it. Recently it started having a misfire, so I replaced the distributor cap, rotor button, plugs (twice), coil, and tried a buddy's ECU. No luck, for shits and giggles, I put in my dad's extra 6al box. YES! Finally, it runs perfectly... for 1 day. It started having a random miss under acceleration at low RPMs, odd, figured it was just being pissy. Get to where I'm going after it happens a few times, turn the car off and it sits a good 10 minutes. On the way back, it starts running like it's only running off 3 cylinders all of a sudden. I checked all the wiring (also had a friend check it) and all was well. Grounded to the battery, direct battery w/o fuse, etc. Different wiring each time. Any ideas, 2 boxes going bad?

Please don't say "lose the MSD" unless that is THE cheapest way. I just bought all MSD ignition components that are useless without it (before i knew MSD + honda = fail)

Tech5
11-25-2008, 08:30 PM
I told you 4 times already!

Get rid of that dayum MSD bullshltt...Its a waste of money!!! you dont have a 750Hp muscle car that needs this!

If you get rid of it, an hook it back the way Honda intended it to be you will be happy an trouble free!

Catnip
11-25-2008, 08:36 PM
I told you 4 times already!

Get rid of that dayum MSD bullshltt...Its a waste of money!!! you dont have a 750Hp muscle car that needs this!

If you get rid of it, an hook it back the way Honda intended it to be you will be happy an trouble free!

Except I just spent money on a msd coil, msd distributor cap, and msd rotor button... I don't have ANY stock stuff :(

Tech5
11-25-2008, 08:38 PM
Clean that Shltt up an return them back!

MSD = Bullshltt!

Except I just spent money on a msd coil, msd distributor cap, and msd rotor button... I don't have ANY stock stuff :(

Then stop your bitching!!! if you dont want to hear what the truth that we speak of!

Tech5
11-25-2008, 08:38 PM
If you want it fixed do as I say!!!!!! lolol:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

Catnip
11-25-2008, 08:44 PM
If you want it fixed do as I say!!!!!! lolol:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

So when we come pick that SOHC coil up, hook me up with what I need to return to stock :D
speaking of that, tomorrow, meet at summit?

Tech5
11-25-2008, 08:46 PM
^^^ I would love to man! But I am riding with a few others an will not be around !

I have a Dizzy, a coil an module I will hook you up with them , But I am uncertian if the coil an module is anygood never tested them but I will give them for free and you just buy my Dizzy!!

Catnip
11-25-2008, 08:50 PM
^^^ I would love to man! But I am riding with a few others an will not be around !

I have a Dizzy, a coil an module I will hook you up with them , But I am uncertian if the coil an module is anygood never tested them but I will give them for free and you just buy my Dizzy!!

lol. alright man, let me know when you can meet up. My buddy that had the civic stolen is buying my stock coupe, so he's the one that actually needs the SOHC coil, I need the rest. lol
But yea. just shoot me a PM when it's go time :goodjob:

Tech5
11-25-2008, 08:50 PM
How about you hit me up tomorrow!!!!!!

Tech5
11-25-2008, 08:51 PM
lolol...Hit me up on Thursday!

gar9854
11-25-2008, 08:55 PM
fix it so i can buy it:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

Catnip
11-25-2008, 08:57 PM
lolol...Hit me up on Thursday!

I still need your number!

Tech5
11-25-2008, 08:58 PM
Ill pm ya! but for the mean time watch this!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwOL4rB-go&feature=related

BUGMAN
11-25-2008, 09:05 PM
I don't have a ton of experience with Honda's but if it were a Mustang I would say it is the module. I have the MSD on 21 of our cars and never had 2 go out like you described in your post. I have only had one go out in the past 3 years and it was a Digital 6 instead of a 6AL.

Barefoot
11-26-2008, 08:07 AM
just cut your losses and dump the msd. its just going to be 1 problem after another.