PDA

View Full Version : General Chat NEEB HELP FOR MY DATSUN

BLACK 280Z
11-25-2008, 03:21 PM
WATS UP TUNERS,IM DANIEL,MY CARS A REAL GUD 1,N I NEED HELP FIXN IT UP,SO IF ANY 1 OUT HTER NOS ABOUT DATSUNS LET ME NO

OneSlow5pt0
11-25-2008, 03:44 PM
hmm...think ur best bet is to sell it

Elbow
11-25-2008, 05:46 PM
Sup fellow tuner?

DVSRX-7
11-25-2008, 06:53 PM
hmm...think ur best bet is to sell it

lol play nice Mr.ToadMan.. im currently doing all the maintanence for the car... car runs beautiful.. only problem is.. my friend just wants to do some basic stuff like headers, exhaust, rims, suspension, weight reduction etc.. all he wants is for some aftermarket support.. like where to get parts and such.. help him out people.. please he's a great kid..

Kaiser
11-25-2008, 07:48 PM
lol play nice Mr.ToadMan.. im currently doing all the maintanence for the car... car runs beautiful.. only problem is.. my friend just wants to do some basic stuff like headers, exhaust, rims, suspension, weight reduction etc.. all he wants is for some aftermarket support.. like where to get parts and such.. help him out people.. please he's a great kid..

Black Dragon, Arizona Z Car, and if you live near Canton Highway in Cobb county, or are willing to make the drive and find him, E. Radatz Motorsports. Radatz has been doing stuff to Z's since before doing stuff to Z's was cool. He's forgotten more than most guys know.

Motivation
11-26-2008, 12:27 AM
WATS UP TUNERS,IM DANIEL,MY CARS A REAL GUD 1,N I NEED HELP FIXN IT UP,SO IF ANY 1 OUT HTER NOS ABOUT DATSUNS LET ME NO

I'm sorry, I have NO idea what you were typing... Something about NOS on your datsun?

Elbow
11-26-2008, 09:07 AM
Maybe it meant "knows?"

Anyone translate dropouts?

AlliRae
11-26-2008, 09:16 AM

well lets see...

1. what year is it?
2. what do you want to do to it and for what purpose?
3. is it a 2+2?

Aight.. so... since i don't know what year it is... I would say... put a chevy 350 in it. you can find some cheap on racingjunk.com streetcarforums.com etc. They fit right in. And will come with everything that you want. They don't weigh anymore than your stock motor (+/- 10 lbs).

Motor Plates

Get a steel driveshaft

I can give you info about the headers but it depends on if the spark plugs are angled or straight.

Strip the interior.

Go get the cheap rims at summit if you wanna drag race or find someone looking to get rid of rims... trust me people are selling.

There's also a 280z shop in buford/sugar hill...off lawrenceville suwannee... one man shop. Guy road races... He knows his shit... or if you need something... knows where you can find it.

Motivation
11-26-2008, 10:31 AM
well lets see...

1. what year is it?
3. is it a 2+2?

Aight.. so... since i don't know what year it is... I would say... put a chevy 350 in it. you can find some cheap on racingjunk.com streetcarforums.com etc. They fit right in. And will come with everything that you want. They don't weigh anymore than your stock motor (+/- 10 lbs).

Motor Plates

Get a steel driveshaft

I can give you info about the headers but it depends on if the spark plugs are angled or straight.

Strip the interior.

Go get the cheap rims at summit if you wanna drag race or find someone looking to get rid of rims... trust me people are selling.

There's also a 280z shop in buford/sugar hill...off lawrenceville suwannee... one man shop. Guy road races... He knows his shit... or if you need something... knows where you can find it.

+1

I heard you were selling your roadster? :???:

Elbow
11-26-2008, 11:51 AM
Please don't ruin a car with another V8 swap.

DVSRX-7
11-26-2008, 11:55 AM
I'm sorry, I have NO idea what you were typing... Something about NOS on your datsun?

lol he cant spell that good..i kno im his friend and current mechanic.. lol

DVSRX-7
11-26-2008, 11:58 AM
Maybe it meant "knows?"

thanks simon for understanding retard, and he is not a dropout.. he's a senior lol

DVSRX-7
11-26-2008, 12:00 PM
well lets see...

1. what year is it?
3. is it a 2+2?

Motor Plates

Get a steel driveshaft

Strip the interior.

its a 77' Datsun 280zx (S30), it is not a 2+2, and he wants to jus find headers, suspension, bolt on shit.. and he is saving up for RB swap.. so no v8's my friend.. thanks..

DVSRX-7
11-26-2008, 12:02 PM
Please don't ruin a car with another V8 swap.

dont worry simon i have talked him out of that idea.. he either wants a 13B.. or RB26dett swap.. but rite now he jus wants to find sum parts for his L28 motor..

OneSlow5pt0
11-26-2008, 12:24 PM
LSx power FTW

JITB
11-26-2008, 01:02 PM
lol @ "neeb"

Motivation
11-26-2008, 01:09 PM
dont worry simon i have talked him out of that idea.. he either wants a 13B.. or RB26dett swap.. but rite now he jus wants to find sum parts for his L28 motor..

Are the bolt ons interchangable with the swap he is wanting to do? If not, then it is just like wiping his ass with money and flushing it down the toilet, because once he does the swap, all the money he has in bolt ons is now a waste... my :2cents:

Ed
11-26-2008, 01:12 PM
Is he foreign?

Motivation
11-26-2008, 01:43 PM
Is he foreign?

Logical question... :thinking: lol

Ed
11-26-2008, 01:44 PM
im not even trying to be mean. lol

Motivation
11-26-2008, 01:53 PM
im not even trying to be mean. lol

suuuuuure you're not Ed, sure... Now that you have a pit, you are going to have a killer on your hands and you think you are hard. :tongue1:

*runs*

ps. you bringing the pup to the V meet?

Ed
11-26-2008, 02:02 PM
if its not too cold i might come and bring her.

StraightSix
11-26-2008, 04:00 PM
its a 77' Datsun 280zx (S30), it is not a 2+2, and he wants to jus find headers, suspension, bolt on shit.. and he is saving up for RB swap.. so no v8's my friend.. thanks..

If it's a 1977 model it *is not* a ZX. The ZXs weren't available until 1979.

DVSRX-7
11-26-2008, 06:25 PM
lol @ "neeb"

lol i kno.. he's kind of slow

DVSRX-7
11-26-2008, 06:27 PM
Are the bolt ons interchangable with the swap he is wanting to do? If not, then it is just like wiping his ass with money and flushing it down the toilet, because once he does the swap, all the money he has in bolt ons is now a waste... my :2cents:

he is getting all the parts he needs for the swap either 13B or RB.. he has the proper mechanics and shops now for his swaps..

DVSRX-7
11-26-2008, 06:29 PM
Is he foreign?

lol he is not foreign.. he is black.. i think u guys have seen him at BP..tall black dude.. and i mean tall.. he's 6'8, no one can miss him

DVSRX-7
11-26-2008, 06:31 PM
If it's a 1977 model it *is not* a ZX. The ZXs weren't available until 1979.

lol thats my typo! i forgot to erase the x

Elbow
11-26-2008, 09:26 PM
If it's a Z aren't those the shorter wheelbase ones? Looks like a 240? Don't swap a RB in it build that engine nicely with some ITB's or something, do some good suspension work, clean it up.

StraightSix
11-27-2008, 05:51 PM
If it's a Z aren't those the shorter wheelbase ones? Looks like a 240? Don't swap a RB in it build that engine nicely with some ITB's or something, do some good suspension work, clean it up.

Yup. It's the shorter wheelbase car. IMO, do whatever the hell you want to a ZX, but nice, straight Zs are getting harder to find so keep the original L28 engine and work that over.

driftingkid
11-27-2008, 05:58 PM
Please learn to spell bro

BTLFED
11-27-2008, 06:06 PM
What a ridiculous thread. Basically what I am getting out of this is that we have a moron that is trying to ruin a Z car by putting a damn 13b (no one with any sense puts a rotary in a Z car stupid) or an RB in it, which is another retard thing to do to a Z. Sell it to someone who knows WTF they have and buy something more your speed....like a Hyundai Excel. Then kill yourself.

Kaiser
11-28-2008, 11:12 AM
What a ridiculous thread. Basically what I am getting out of this is that we have a moron that is trying to ruin a Z car by putting a damn 13b (no one with any sense puts a rotary in a Z car stupid) or an RB in it, which is another retard thing to do to a Z. Sell it to someone who knows WTF they have and buy something more your speed....like a Hyundai Excel. Then kill yourself.

I absolutely love how four or five people talking about old school Z's have talked about how you should keep the L series engine in it and "work it over."

Why in the world would someone spend that much money working over a 12v SOHC engine with the worlds WORST fuel injection system (And it's only more expensive to convert it to the even more problematic Megasquirt) with a non-crossflow head and a weak transmission and differential pairing, especially an L28 with it's low compression. By the time he gets done making the engine produce what an RB20DET or RB25DE Non-turbo makes in power, he'd be out of naturally aspirated potential without stroking and have spent as much as an RB swap would have. What silliness.

And yes, I am the happy owner of a currently still L-series early '71 240z. Yes, I have considered doing what I have said above, despite calling it silliness. And I don't think I can make an argument for why you would put a rotary into an S30 Z-car actually, so I'll leave that one alone.

Elbow
11-28-2008, 11:24 AM
RB's in Z cars are boring.

You can make a good L series engine.

DVSRX-7
11-28-2008, 11:41 AM
Hey I'm just posting for my friend.. Sorry if you guys think he's an idiot for fuckin up a great car and motor.. But then again you have to think about what he wants and what he wants to do to his ride.. Basically its like getting a fuckin honda and swapping the motor.. If you want a lot of power then your going to have swap something out right??.. I have told him about ITB's and such things but he wants ridiculous power.. So he is considering a 13B-REW swap or a RB20Dett, RB25dett swap..

Kaiser
11-28-2008, 11:41 AM
Sure you CAN make a good L series engine, but for the amount of time and money in a street car, why would you? The simplest way to go is a Triple Weber (Or Mikuni) L28 hi-comp internals setup with a ZX block and head and transmission with a R200 LSD Diff and an upgraded ignition system. The problem is that you really HAVE spent as much as putting an RB into the car and are gonna have all the same problems with a lot lower power cap and much harder to drive power distribution (Sad hi-comp L28 makes a nice chunk of spin-the-wheels at lower RPMS, whereas a turbo RB is a bit easier to drive on the streets). For roadrace I'd stick with the L probably, but for the streets it's a solid tossup either way. Telling the guy that an RB is a dumb idea because it's overdone is akin to telling a guy with a 240 not to put an SR20 into his car because a guy down the street has one. If that's what the guy wants, why're we against it? L series in a Datsun is boring. The same engine was in everything. I'd rather see KA swapped 240z's than L series engines with the same mods that the car had on it back in 1980. Nothing new has come along for the L.

If he wants RIDICULOUS power you are a few cylinders short. Turbocharged 350 SBC with T5 Trans and 9" diff and custom CV shafts.

Wait, are you kidding, he wants to do a FD engine for "ridiculous power"? You've gotta be kidding me. The only motors you listed he could get "Ridiculous power" out of is the RB25 and with that you'd spend so much time working on it that you'd die of old age before you got it done. If he wants "Ridiculous power" he should go with an RB26 like all the other "400hp+ or bust" idiots or a big block chevy twin turbocharged. Once he wraps his 280 around a pole or flips it off the road from being unable to drive it, call me, I'd love to see if I could salvage parts off the car.

DVSRX-7
11-28-2008, 12:05 PM
Sure you CAN make a good L series engine, but for the amount of time and money in a street car, why would you? The simplest way to go is a Triple Weber (Or Mikuni) L28 hi-comp internals setup with a ZX block and head and transmission with a R200 LSD Diff and an upgraded ignition system. The problem is that you really HAVE spent as much as putting an RB into the car and are gonna have all the same problems with a lot lower power cap and much harder to drive power distribution (Sad hi-comp L28 makes a nice chunk of spin-the-wheels at lower RPMS, whereas a turbo RB is a bit easier to drive on the streets). For roadrace I'd stick with the L probably, but for the streets it's a solid tossup either way. Telling the guy that an RB is a dumb idea because it's overdone is akin to telling a guy with a 240 not to put an SR20 into his car because a guy down the street has one. If that's what the guy wants, why're we against it? L series in a Datsun is boring. The same engine was in everything. I'd rather see KA swapped 240z's than L series engines with the same mods that the car had on it back in 1980. Nothing new has come along for the L.

If he wants RIDICULOUS power you are a few cylinders short. Turbocharged 350 SBC with T5 Trans and 9" diff and custom CV shafts.

Wait, are you kidding, he wants to do a FD engine for "ridiculous power"? You've gotta be kidding me. The only motors you listed he could get "Ridiculous power" out of is the RB25 and with that you'd spend so much time working on it that you'd die of old age before you got it done. If he wants "Ridiculous power" he should go with an RB26 like all the other "400hp+ or bust" idiots or a big block chevy twin turbocharged. Once he wraps his 280 around a pole or flips it off the road from being unable to drive it, call me, I'd love to see if I could salvage parts off the car.

i agree with u on keeping the L28.. but then again like u said urself there nothing new for the L28.. so for now lets just see what he says..and u havent seen a well built 13B-REW right? cause you are saying it like if 13b's are trash motors or something.. i have seen and driven my share of cars.. and theres one reason why im sticking with rotaries.. i love the overall power band.. especially with boost.. people think the RB26 is the hot shit to have.. but u have to look at it this way.. its in a AWD car.. so of course its going to be fast.. now lets put that motor in a RWD and lets if its going to b as fast.. i dont think so.. but either way im still going to love rotaries no matter what anyone says..

p.s.... no 350 swaps bro.. he wanted that but changed his mind.. wants to keep everything japanese.. even the motor, but im not doubting the 350's power.. im jus saying

Elbow
11-28-2008, 12:16 PM
It would of course be fast with a RB26, a rotary in that car, now THAT is to me weird. If he wants good cheap power just throw a cheapo RB20 in there.

DVSRX-7
11-28-2008, 12:38 PM
It would of course be fast with a RB26, a rotary in that car, now THAT is to me weird. If he wants good cheap power just throw a cheapo RB20 in there.

i dont doubt the RB26.. that shit is insane power... and the rotary will be like something way different.. and yea he can get a RB20 with harness, ecu, tranny, mounts and shit for $1,500..not installed

Kaiser
11-28-2008, 03:01 PM
i dont doubt the RB26.. that shit is insane power... and the rotary will be like something way different.. and yea he can get a RB20 with harness, ecu, tranny, mounts and shit for $1,500..not installed

If you spend $1500 on an RB20 with everything you'd need to install it, I'd mug you. Alternatively, $1500 is what putting a good carb system with fuel pump onto a Carb'd Hi-comp L28 would be.

And Rotary's aren't trash. They simply are a very WEIRD choice to put in that car. It's incredibly difficult to mount properly in the Chassis, and for the amount of money to make a bulletproof 13B-REW Turbo with over 400hp you could just buy a damn FD and have him drive that.

Elbow
11-28-2008, 03:14 PM
I like rotaries, but like ^he said, WEIRD choice for this car, and not very smart.

LeX
11-28-2008, 04:12 PM
get a l28et from a junkyard and do some upgrades and stick it in.. bam....

DVSRX-7
11-28-2008, 08:54 PM
If you spend $1500 on an RB20 with everything you'd need to install it, I'd mug you. Alternatively, $1500 is what putting a good carb system with fuel pump onto a Carb'd Hi-comp L28 would be.

And Rotary's aren't trash. They simply are a very WEIRD choice to put in that car. It's incredibly difficult to mount properly in the Chassis, and for the amount of money to make a bulletproof 13B-REW Turbo with over 400hp you could just buy a damn FD and have him drive that.

i agree but then again these honda morons put that amount of money into their cars and no one thinks of it as a waste of money.. but when someone wants to try something different and unique people say its a waste of money.. whys that?

DVSRX-7
11-28-2008, 08:55 PM
I like rotaries, but like ^he said, WEIRD choice for this car, and not very smart.

and im going to find u a 13b-rew ok.. just for your miata.. dont take it the rong ok.. i just want to see a 13b swapped miata at the track.. :goodjob:

DVSRX-7
11-28-2008, 08:58 PM
get a l28et from a junkyard and do some upgrades and stick it in.. bam....

yes i kno.. the guy he bought the car from has one but wont sell it.. so ive talked my friend into keeping his L28 and doing ITB's, headers, exhaust, MSD setup, fuel system upgrade.. and more

J13eck
11-28-2008, 11:06 PM

lol i could barely read it either.

Kaiser
11-29-2008, 12:50 PM
yes i kno.. the guy he bought the car from has one but wont sell it.. so ive talked my friend into keeping his L28 and doing ITB's, headers, exhaust, MSD setup, fuel system upgrade.. and more

The best fuel system he can get, and the best advice I can give anyone doing an NA L28...Go to Carbs. Buy either a single Holley, dual SU's (Early type, Roudtops) or Triple Weber/Mikuni's. Any of those solutions will cost around $1000 to $1500, are better power than the ITBs and eliminate hassling with the ancient fuel injection system.

BTLFED
11-29-2008, 01:17 PM

I feel you on that, but you can put a later model turbo engine in it and make good power pretty easily with the L28. You live in east cobb and own a Z Car? Have you heard and/or seen the "Gumby 240z?" He kept the L28 and that car is ridiculous, and it is set up for road courses.

And LOL at putting a 13b in a Z Car. That is the dumbest shit I have ever heard. I can see it in a 510 (even though I would never do that to mine), but a Z Car? That's laughable.

And the RB20 is nothing but a boat anchor. I wouldn't put that in anything.

Kaiser
11-29-2008, 03:33 PM
I feel you on that, but you can put a later model turbo engine in it and make good power pretty easily with the L28. You live in east cobb and own a Z Car? Have you heard and/or seen the "Gumby 240z?" He kept the L28 and that car is ridiculous, and it is set up for road courses.

And LOL at putting a 13b in a Z Car. That is the dumbest shit I have ever heard. I can see it in a 510 (even though I would never do that to mine), but a Z Car? That's laughable.

And the RB20 is nothing but a boat anchor. I wouldn't put that in anything.

Pft, RB20's put down nearly as much as 25DET's do with significantly less initial cost. If you're willing to live with the increased cost of maintenance and are relatively mechanically capable, a 20's fine for a car as light as an S30. RB25+S30+Idiot (Which...really, do we need to argue about that fact after all this?) = Busted S30, Wasted RB25, Dead Idiot the first day it rains.

And yes, I have seen Gumby 240z, Ed Radatz also has a 240z that has a stroker L28 with high comp and dual SU's that doesn't put down BIG power, but is incredibly well set up for road racing. I didn't say you COULDN'T keep an L28 and have a good car. What I said was that L28's aren't a great motor for making "Ridiculous" power because the cost to get there is so high. Plus, while the Carb'd versions are a dream to work on and damned reliable, the FI is terrible and comes part and parcel with the L28ET you suggested. Plus to make REALLY big power on an L28ET requires a massive intercooler and typically a water/meth injection kit.

BTLFED
11-29-2008, 03:41 PM
Pft, RB20's put down nearly as much as 25DET's do with significantly less initial cost. If you're willing to live with the increased cost of maintenance and are relatively mechanically capable, a 20's fine for a car as light as an S30. RB25+S30+Idiot (Which...really, do we need to argue about that fact after all this?) = Busted S30, Wasted RB25, Dead Idiot the first day it rains.

And yes, I have seen Gumby 240z, Ed Radatz also has a 240z that has a stroker L28 with high comp and dual SU's that doesn't put down BIG power, but is incredibly well set up for road racing. I didn't say you COULDN'T keep an L28 and have a good car. What I said was that L28's aren't a great motor for making "Ridiculous" power because the cost to get there is so high. Plus, while the Carb'd versions are a dream to work on and damned reliable, the FI is terrible and comes part and parcel with the L28ET you suggested. Plus to make REALLY big power on an L28ET requires a massive intercooler and typically a water/meth injection kit.

Good point. This guy needs an RB20. And we both know this kid doesn't need "ridiculous" power because he would kill himself...or does he? I'm a fan of Natural Selection. And I got my 15" Z car wheels for my 510 from E Radatz. I used to live with the "Gumby240." :D

You really know your shit. Kudos to you, my friend. :goodjob:

Juggernaut
11-29-2008, 04:06 PM
WATS UP TUNERS,IM DANIEL,MY CARS A REAL GUD 1,N I NEED HELP FIXN IT UP,SO IF ANY 1 OUT HTER NOS ABOUT DATSUNS LET ME NOLOL, people took this thead seriously?

AlliRae
11-29-2008, 04:20 PM
Okay.... can i break this down for most of you -

It comes down to preference

Scenario one - we have someone who doesn't want to do a swap. GREAT! put a little bit of money in whatever is already in there and make it quick... not fast... quick.

Scenario Two - We have the nissan engine swap. GREAT! Someone who wants to put in a little bit more work to achieve the same or maybe a tiny bit more power.

Scenario Three - We have the rotary swap. GREAT! someone who wants to go where few have gone before. Maybe not logical, but if he likes it... then that's all that matters.

Scenario Four - Any other swap.

Just like some people want to do honda swaps, or v8s in anything, it's called a preference. You don't have to like it or agree with it. have a freaking open mind though... damn You have your reasons for not liking a certain setup... but maybe he has his reasons why it works

Kaiser
11-30-2008, 10:46 AM
Okay.... can i break this down for most of you -

It comes down to preference

Scenario one - we have someone who doesn't want to do a swap. GREAT! put a little bit of money in whatever is already in there and make it quick... not fast... quick.

Scenario Two - We have the nissan engine swap. GREAT! Someone who wants to put in a little bit more work to achieve the same or maybe a tiny bit more power.

Scenario Three - We have the rotary swap. GREAT! someone who wants to go where few have gone before. Maybe not logical, but if he likes it... then that's all that matters.

Scenario Four - Any other swap.

Just like some people want to do honda swaps, or v8s in anything, it's called a preference. You don't have to like it or agree with it. have a freaking open mind though... damn You have your reasons for not liking a certain setup... but maybe he has his reasons why it works

There's a big difference between not liking (I like Rotaries, I like Rotary Miatas. I like Rotary Datsun Roadsters though I've only ever seen one.) and talking about practicality. I don't know if you've SEEN the engine bay for the S30z, but putting a rotary in it leaves a lot of questions left to be answered, and it's not for the faint of heart. The engine can best be described as "Absolutely, positively, indescribably the wrong size for that engine bay." The amount of fabrication that would be needed to keep the engine mounted without putting it midway through the engine bay (Which would simply cause the transmission to not fit) is something akin to 20 hours worth of work for an expert machinist and welder. You could do it, but he's spending more money getting the engine bay fab'd for the swap than he is on actually buying the engine, unless he's good friends with a guy who's really fantastic with a welder. Can it be done? Yes. Would it be unique? Yes. Would it make a fantastically balanced and possibly incredibly well handling car? Yes. Would it bankrupt him and take up to a year of his probably salary and possibly cause perpetual ruin to his family? Well...

BTL: I've been a big fan of S30's since I was a little kid, finally having gotten the chance to get one myself was a bit of a shock, and it's definitely been a learning experience. I'm so used to more modern cars that the solution to problems on an S30 has been a constant shock of "Think simpler." I've been toying around trying to decide what I have money for and what I can do with it, I like the L series just because it's old school, but an RB gets me to the power-to-weight ratio I want with some added benefits (I'm addicted to turbos. Damn Audi. :-\).

Edit: I also cheat a bit, I browse HybridZ almost as much as I do IA. I've seen what works and what it takes for people to do different stuff to S30's. I appreciate it man. I try. :)

BTLFED
11-30-2008, 10:57 AM
BTL: I've been a big fan of S30's since I was a little kid, finally having gotten the chance to get one myself was a bit of a shock, and it's definitely been a learning experience. I'm so used to more modern cars that the solution to problems on an S30 has been a constant shock of "Think simpler." I've been toying around trying to decide what I have money for and what I can do with it, I like the L series just because it's old school, but an RB gets me to the power-to-weight ratio I want with some added benefits (I'm addicted to turbos. Damn Audi. :-\).

Edit: I also cheat a bit, I browse HybridZ almost as much as I do IA. I've seen what works and what it takes for people to do different stuff to S30's. I appreciate it man. I try. :)

Hah! That's why I have a 510. I have LOVED Datsun 510s since I was growing up in SoCal and there were 3 guys that were roommates down the street from me that all had one. All three of them were dumped with cages, painted pastel colors (one baby blue, one bright orange, and one lime green) with super trap exhausts. Every time they came balling down the street I stood there in awe. I asked my parents what they were and they didn't even know LOL!

I already have one Turbo car though (My CRX) and I don't really feel like going through all the shit my friend did to put an SR20DET in his 510 (even though it is SUPER bad ass) so I'm either going to go SR20DE or KA24DE in my 510 with atleast an 80 shot direct port nitrous. I LOVE nitrous (see username :D) and with a car that weighs less than my CRX and RWD I don't need "Ridiculous" power to have a well balanced vehicle.

I hate my dual side draft SU's now though. Boo hiss on carb synching! :mad:

Kaiser
11-30-2008, 11:26 AM
Hah! That's why I have a 510. I have LOVED Datsun 510s since I was growing up in SoCal and there were 3 guys that were roommates down the street from me that all had one. All three of them were dumped with cages, painted pastel colors (one baby blue, one bright orange, and one lime green) with super trap exhausts. Every time they came balling down the street I stood there in awe. I asked my parents what they were and they didn't even know LOL!

I already have one Turbo car though (My CRX) and I don't really feel like going through all the shit my friend did to put an SR20DET in his 510 (even though it is SUPER bad ass) so I'm either going to go SR20DE or KA24DE in my 510 with atleast an 80 shot direct port nitrous. I LOVE nitrous (see username :D) and with a car that weighs less than my CRX and RWD I don't need "Ridiculous" power to have a well balanced vehicle.

I hate my dual side draft SU's now though. Boo hiss on carb synching! :mad:

I feel your pain, I've also got a dizzy that's going haywire and probably needs new points. If it makes you feel ANY better about those SU's you've got, one half of the bar between the carbs is zip-tied to the butterfly controller. One side has the contact synch screw, the other...just zip ties. Gotta love previous owners. I'd go with a KA...actually thought about a KA for my 240 to be honest, but I like the straight six, feels different.

BTLFED
11-30-2008, 11:33 AM
I feel your pain, I've also got a dizzy that's going haywire and probably needs new points. If it makes you feel ANY better about those SU's you've got, one half of the bar between the carbs is zip-tied to the butterfly controller. One side has the contact synch screw, the other...just zip ties. Gotta love previous owners. I'd go with a KA...actually thought about a KA for my 240 to be honest, but I like the straight six, feels different.

Zip ties..LOL when I got my Dime it had BOAT CARPETING screwed to the floor! :lmfao:

Some jackass also put some bunk ass aftermarket sunroof in my car too that I am going to have to get welded up too. It sucks. At least the floor and trunk pans are solid though. :D

And as far as the engine, it depends on if I can find an elusive Autech SR20DE for a decent price. :ninja:

Frög
11-30-2008, 11:59 AM

YO DIGGIDY SNOOP!!!!!!! IM C TO THE H TO THE R THE I THE S (CHIRS) FO SHO! MY CAR BY REALLL ICK TOO! U NEED HELP N STUF? I OUT HTER N NO BOUT DATSUNS!!! WAN TO MEET N LIKE WORK ON CARS OR SUM'N? LET ME NO YO!

Frög
11-30-2008, 12:01 PM
holy batman 3 pages? im late..

Elbow
11-30-2008, 12:06 PM
LOLOL^

...yA dawg

Juggernaut
11-30-2008, 02:29 PM
And as far as the engine, it depends on if I can find an elusive Autech SR20DE for a decent price. :ninja:I've got an Mine's SR20DE ECU in my garage yo can have 'fo free if you do it. It doesn't work too well in a Supra.:(

Kaiser
11-30-2008, 08:45 PM
I can see an SR20DE being an improvement on a Supra.

Oh, I see, just the ECU ;)

Juggernaut
11-30-2008, 09:54 PM
I can see an SR20DE being an improvement on a Supra.

Oh, I see, just the ECU ;)That's just wrong. You're getting personal now.;)

BTLFED
12-01-2008, 10:04 AM
I've got an Mine's SR20DE ECU in my garage yo can have 'fo free if you do it. It doesn't work too well in a Supra.:(

I definitely want to do it. It's just time and money that stops me right now. :(

jdm eg6
12-01-2008, 04:55 PM

just get a honda

DVSRX-7
12-02-2008, 10:33 PM
^^ Jose stfu and get a car.. hondas are gay anyways.. thats y he got a Datsun so he can have a actual project and not just a toy u get tired of and throw away like a used condom..

Kaiser
12-03-2008, 09:45 AM
...And what do you drive?

DVSRX-7
12-03-2008, 10:27 AM
i have Mazda Rx7.. what do u drive?

FDslider
12-03-2008, 12:07 PM
I drive a 76 RHD Fairlady Z (280) and a 93 Mazda RX-7. WHAT NOW? lol

DVSRX-7
12-03-2008, 12:22 PM
I drive a 76 RHD Fairlady Z (280) and a 93 Mazda RX-7. WHAT NOW? lol

post pics of your RHD!! if its true.... and whats been done to your 7?? lol dont hate on my 7... hate on the other guy for not having one!!! wat now!!??

BTLFED
12-03-2008, 05:23 PM
post pics of your RHD!! if its true.... and whats been done to your 7?? lol dont hate on my 7... hate on the other guy for not having one!!! wat now!!??

I have a Honda, a Toyota, and a 73 Datsun 510. WHAT NOW? :slap:

Kaiser
12-03-2008, 05:37 PM
i have Mazda Rx7.. what do u drive?

FB, FC, FD? If FC, Turbo II? In good condition? If FD, how many Apex seals do you blow a year? :ninja:

What do I drive? Last week I haven't driven shit besides my fiance's Accent. I have an '01 Audi A4 1.8t Quattro and an early '71 Datsun 240z with the harder-to-find early badging stock.

Btlfed: Odds on him having an RX-7, between me and you, what do you say?

BTLFED
12-03-2008, 05:42 PM
FB, FC, FD? If FC, Turbo II? In good condition? If FD, how many Apex seals do you blow a year? :ninja:

What do I drive? Last week I haven't driven shit besides my fiance's Accent. I have an '01 Audi A4 1.8t Quattro and an early '71 Datsun 240z with the harder-to-find early badging stock.

Well he has been saying he has an FC, but I don't think he has posted pics of this mythical beast, so maybe he's just a rotary nazi with a dream. :lmfao:

Did the original hatch window in 71 have vertical defrost lines or just the 70?

Kaiser
12-03-2008, 05:50 PM
Well he has been saying he has an FC, but I don't think he has posted pics of this mythical beast, so maybe he's just a rotary nazi with a dream. :lmfao:

Vertical. Well, mine has vertical at least but I won't 100% guarantee that the hatch is original to the car. The car came factory dark green (The super dark foresty green) has been repainted white (Badly, cheapo job, cheaper than Maaco) and the insides of the door-panels are red underneath green underneath white, so they've been replaced with parts from another car, dunno what else has.

I'm pretty sure that vertical defrost lines is part of the "early" group, so some '71s did and some didn't, depending on whether they're early or late.

BTLFED
12-03-2008, 05:56 PM
Vertical. Well, mine has vertical at least but I won't 100% guarantee that the hatch is original to the car. The car came factory dark green (The super dark foresty green) has been repainted white (Badly, cheapo job, cheaper than Maaco) and the insides of the door-panels are red underneath green underneath white, so they've been replaced with parts from another car, dunno what else has.

I'm pretty sure that vertical defrost lines is part of the "early" group, so some '71s did and some didn't, depending on whether they're early or late.

Well if you actually have the vertical defrost lines make sure you keep that hatch! My old roommate (the Gumby 240) spent FOREVER finding one. He's anal like that LOL

DVSRX-7
12-03-2008, 06:08 PM
I have a Honda, a Toyota, and a 73 Datsun 510. WHAT NOW? :slap:

let me see your 510..

DVSRX-7
12-03-2008, 06:09 PM

lol i have a FC trust me.. and havent blown any apex seals in 21 years so what now!! lol

BTLFED
12-03-2008, 06:09 PM
let me see your 510..

Let me see your FC...

DVSRX-7
12-03-2008, 06:12 PM

if i am a rotary nazi with a dream then why would i even a 87' FC non-turbo base model!! with 163,xxx miles..

BTLFED
12-03-2008, 06:13 PM
lol i have a FC trust me.. and havent blown any apex seals in 21 years so what now!! lol

So you have had this car and have been driving it since before you were born? :rolleyes:

DVSRX-7
12-03-2008, 06:14 PM
Let me see your FC...

im trying to post a pic but this fucking shit keeps saying something about system error and the upload page goes blank

DVSRX-7
12-03-2008, 06:14 PM
So you have had this car and have been driving it since before you were born? :rolleyes:

lol no.. its the original motor and tranny..

BTLFED
12-03-2008, 06:15 PM
im trying to post a pic but this fucking shit keeps saying something about system error and the upload page goes blank

Lies....

Kaiser
12-03-2008, 06:16 PM
If you have a non-turbo, then that explains why you don't blow Apex seals. That's why I asked
If FD, how many Apex seals do you blow a year?

But it's ok, you don't need to be able to read to be on IA.

Btlfed: I double checked, vertical defrost lines and green paint underneath the white, so it is indeed original. I believe the early 71's were identical to 70's, and the changes were all made mid-year '71.

DVSRX-7
12-03-2008, 06:16 PM
my FC

DVSRX-7
12-03-2008, 06:18 PM
Lies....

lol u are a liar i posted mine post yours now..

BTLFED
12-03-2008, 06:19 PM
Btlfed: I double checked, vertical defrost lines and green paint underneath the white, so it is indeed original. I believe the early 71's were identical to 70's, and the changes were all made mid-year '71.

My 510 is the same way. It is originally light tan, then there is some off white in there, the outside is normal white, and under one of the doors and fenders there is some red from lord knows where LOL

I have all original Nissan windows though!

DVSRX-7
12-03-2008, 06:19 PM
If you have a non-turbo, then that explains why you don't blow Apex seals. That's why I asked

But it's ok, you don't need to be able to read to be on IA.

i read that lol i was jus saying that i have a non-turbo just in case u were to ask later

Kaiser
12-03-2008, 06:22 PM
I did ask, but answering about the Apex seals was answering a question I technically ~didn't~ ask. ;)

Anyways, I have all factory original glass too, though my windshield is gonna have to be replaced, it's to the point now where it's hard to really see well out of it. :-\ Not happy about that.

I'll post pictures in a few seconds. Looking for my checkbook so I can pay rent.

Edit: Don't guess I'll do that actually, pictures were all on my old computer that's dead at the moment. If I find the camera I'll pull a few off and post them later tonight. Bah, damn electronics.

BTLFED
12-03-2008, 06:22 PM
lol u are a liar i posted mine post yours now..

Liar? :umno:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v187/BTLFED/v54.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v187/BTLFED/v55.jpg

BTLFED
12-03-2008, 06:25 PM
I did ask, but answering about the Apex seals was answering a question I technically ~didn't~ ask. ;)

Anyways, I have all factory original glass too, though my windshield is gonna have to be replaced, it's to the point now where it's hard to really see well out of it. :-\ Not happy about that.

I'll post pictures in a few seconds. Looking for my checkbook so I can pay rent.

Actually I think my windshield has been replaced too. All the rest are original though, and I have an extra drivers side glass just in case and extra vent windows. :D

In for pics!

DVSRX-7
12-03-2008, 06:28 PM
ok ok your not a liar.. whats been done to it tho? looks nice any of you guys going to th V meet 2mro?

BTLFED
12-03-2008, 06:33 PM
ok ok your not a liar.. whats been done to it tho? looks nice any of you guys going to th V meet 2mro?

Chopped the shit out of the springs, the SSS induction system (dual side draft SU carbs), Cam, header, exhaust and it's still slow as balls. I still love it though, and it handles better than my CRX with full suspension. Weird.

And no, I don't like the Varsity.

DVSRX-7
12-03-2008, 06:41 PM
cool.. and y dnt u like the v?

BTLFED
12-03-2008, 06:51 PM
cool.. and y dnt u like the v?

Ricers, losers, and the general idea of standing in a fucking parking lot for no reason makes me want to beat the hell out of small farm animals.

Kaiser
12-03-2008, 09:27 PM
Ricers, losers, and the general idea of standing in a fucking parking lot for no reason makes me want to beat the hell out of small farm animals.

Wow. :( (I go to the V, have taken the Z once, got booted, they couldn't figure out what a "240...Z" was. Kept looking around for a 240sx or a 300/350z.)

Update on pics: Fiance's mom's birthday was today, have been out of house till now, camera is still AWOL...I think it's in my Audi (Which is being sheltered at my mom's house till it gets it's Alternator replaced and can drive without being charged every 10 miles) Which does me no good. But I promise, I will provide pics that will possibly bring this thread back on topic concerning S30 Z's!

Eventually.

DVSRX-7
12-04-2008, 12:45 PM
ok cool just post them when u can

BTLFED
12-07-2008, 11:49 AM
Wow. :( (I go to the V, have taken the Z once, got booted, they couldn't figure out what a "240...Z" was. Kept looking around for a 240sx or a 300/350z.)

Update on pics: Fiance's mom's birthday was today, have been out of house till now, camera is still AWOL...I think it's in my Audi (Which is being sheltered at my mom's house till it gets it's Alternator replaced and can drive without being charged every 10 miles) Which does me no good. But I promise, I will provide pics that will possibly bring this thread back on topic concerning S30 Z's!

Eventually.

LOL I wasn't saying everyone that goes is a loser, there are just a lot of them there. And Get your camera damn it LOL

Kaiser
12-07-2008, 05:58 PM
Rawr...I forgot it on Friday when I was over there. Will be over there tomorrow working on the alternator, I'll make sure to get it then. It's not much to look at at the moment, except that it's not totally rusted out :)

Ha...here's some, but there's better ones out there, and she has a good bit of the rust/missing paint fixed on the front now.

Z-Pics: (Facebook Link) (http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=144153&id=1384536861)

DunDunSkeert
12-08-2008, 07:25 PM
Maybe it meant "knows?"

You're one funny cross dresser:gay:. Reps