PDA

View Full Version : Title Issue

Benefit
11-25-2008, 01:45 PM
alright well, when i bought my ITR...robi (2nd owner) never registered it...so i crossed his name out, put mine

now im trying to find the 1st owner, his name is on the title and he has signed it, Michael L Ramey...

now i did a usa-people-search and found his ass but half the numbers ive tried havent picked up so i still might have a chance..

i been told if i find him , we go down to hapeville tag and title office and walk out with a new title in my name, then i can sign it over to the new owner

is there any other way of doing this shit? what happens if that motherfukker is dead?

i legally own the car, i have the bill of sale saying theres no liens or money owned on the car

XLR8NMR2
11-25-2008, 02:38 PM
alright well, when i bought my ITR...robi (2nd owner) never registered it...so i crossed his name out, put mine

now im trying to find the 1st owner, his name is on the title and he has signed it, Michael L Ramey...

now i did a usa-people-search and found his ass but half the numbers ive tried havent picked up so i still might have a chance..

i been told if i find him , we go down to hapeville tag and title office and walk out with a new title in my name, then i can sign it over to the new owner

is there any other way of doing this shit? what happens if that motherfukker is dead?

i legally own the car, i have the bill of sale saying theres no liens or money owned on the car

You can get a title bond....Cop has to come inspect the car and you have to sign over some papers but it cost something like $200 and takes up to a week or so.

XLR8NMR2
11-25-2008, 02:49 PM
some links

http://www.georgiatitlebond.com/

http://motor.etax.dor.ga.gov/motor/titles/titlebond.asp

http://web.userinstinct.com/13213617-georgia-tag-title-surety-title-bond-service.htm

PURP
11-25-2008, 03:53 PM
If the first owner has signed it, then why do you need him???

Benefit
11-25-2008, 03:54 PM
the 1st owner has already signed it...its the cross out of his name thats preventing me from doing that

XLR8NMR2
11-25-2008, 03:55 PM
or you just sign his name on it and go to the tag office yourself and get a new one...

the only thing about that is if you get caught somehow you will prob get charges for forgery and thats a felony

with that said i don't know how they could catch you but it is def possible.

Benefit
11-25-2008, 03:56 PM
yea the michael ramey guy has already signed it and everything.......the names just crossed out from the 2nd dude

PURP
11-25-2008, 03:57 PM
the only thing about that is if you get caught somehow you will prob get charges for forgery and thats a felony

with that said i don't know how they could catch you but it is def possible.

it's hard to tho... A friend bought a car that had 2 owners on the title... only one signed it... well he just signed the other name and they gave it to him...

SleeperWRX
11-25-2008, 04:00 PM
Search him on ZabaSearch.com

.blank cd
11-25-2008, 04:13 PM
just sign it and go get a new one, they dont give a damn

Benefit
11-25-2008, 04:15 PM
oh word

BlueHatch
11-25-2008, 04:59 PM
the title of my car was scribbled all over by the previous owner, didnt matter though they still issued me a new one. if they wont, i gotta lady who does title bonds with a 3 day turnaround and her fee is 75 plus the amount of the bond itself which is a % of the value of the car

SL65AMG
11-25-2008, 05:19 PM

same shit happened to me. its a lot of bullshit but you need to go get a title bond. pay 150 bucks and the title will be put into your name. basically its a scam. itll all work out fine though

i bought my car from some fool on here a while back. and it was a flaming piece of shit BTW.

Thighs
11-25-2008, 05:28 PM
it shouldnt matter. the people who work in the offices generally dont give a shit about anything lol.

just out of curiosity why did you just scribble out his name and put yours on it instead of just getting a new title right away like a normal person? thats a little retarded IMO.

Got Milk?
11-25-2008, 07:00 PM
the 1st owner has already signed it...its the cross out of his name thats preventing me from doing that

here is my story.

I went to tag office place, and the tittle was on both the husband and the wife name but only the husband signed it. So the lady that works in there told me to go out side, sign the wife name as if she did, come back inside and get my tittle. I did and i got my new tittle in about a week.

Its always about who u get at the tags office place, some people are just cool and layed back and understand the reality. Unlike some stock up people that would kill you for a penny.

Got Milk?
11-25-2008, 07:01 PM
it shouldnt matter. the people who work in the offices generally dont give a shit about anything lol.

just out of curiosity why did you just scribble out his name and put yours on it instead of just getting a new title right away like a normal person? thats a little retarded IMO.

u got reps coming your way

Vteckidd
11-26-2008, 10:12 AM
he signed it an you CROSSED HIS name out?

if HIS name is on the front of the title, and you crossed HIS name out, then yeah you need to get a replacement title. Either find him, or get a bonded title.

Sometimes you can file for a title CORRECTION, ive done that before, you have to have someone notarize a piece of paper saying the line crossing out was wrong. and on accident.

LOL no offense man but thats was stupid if you crossed the guys name out thats on the title lol

Tech5
11-26-2008, 10:30 AM
Title bond FTW cost 120 !

UpSideDownDesi
11-26-2008, 11:46 AM
lol don't cross names out like that....look what happens. Get it Bonded and end of story.

Benefit
11-26-2008, 04:16 PM
to get it bonded you still need the first owner right?

SicStang03
11-26-2008, 04:38 PM
That system is all kinds of fucked up

yogi08
11-26-2008, 04:52 PM
ive been through this shit. but you fucked yourself.

yogi08
11-26-2008, 04:53 PM
also, ive found original owners on myspace and facebook. thats truth, all bullshit aside. saved my ass some money too if i can find the original owner and have them turn the title in, me pay them $100 bucks plus the 18 dollar title fee.

Thighs
11-26-2008, 04:56 PM
so wait... you DID cross his name out instead of just getting a title in your name?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA

R32Dragon
11-26-2008, 06:42 PM
The golden rule of car buying is TO MAKE SURE THE TITLE IS CLEAN, CLEAR, AND IN THE SELLERS NAME BEFORE YOU BUY. Otherwise you're asking for a world of butt-hurt.

Benefit
11-26-2008, 06:44 PM
for a title bond , do you need the first owners?