PDA

View Full Version : Need help/opinions

project_EM1
11-25-2008, 03:40 AM
Okay first and foremost thanks for looking.

okay so I've been thinking bout which direction to take my hatch should I save money and swap to a b series or turbo my lil sohc..

I kinda leaned towards turbo, for one, it peaks my interest to see what a lil sohc motor can do before needing to upgrade the power train to keep up with everyone...lol, and second I like to be able to say you just got beat by a sohc...

So before anyone try to say ""don't waste your time and money on a sohc and just go b series.."

I don't want to, well at the moment I don't. I wanna see what my lil sohc can do before needing to upgrade to a bigger motor.

So after all that is said. what recomendation, setups, and upgrade should I do before tryin to boost. Should I swap for a vtec first or keep non vtec. If vtec, whole swap or minime swap. Swap my tranny for the ex/si or keep my dx tranny.

Which turbo would you think is better?

Upgrade the valvetrain, crank, cams, port/polish.(if possible location of shop and pricing)

What limits can be obtained before internal upgrades are required, and how much can it take then..

I got the genereal idea just wanna see what inputs everyone else has.

Elbow
11-25-2008, 11:57 AM
SOHC FTW