PDA

View Full Version : Misc How about those Falcons

Deke
11-23-2008, 06:00 PM
Up 38 to 21 after a returned punt with 4:47 left in the game.

HatchHero
11-23-2008, 06:07 PM
im lovin it

HatchHero
11-23-2008, 06:07 PM
that rookie receiver got flag for taunting the punter. lol

Deke
11-23-2008, 06:12 PM
Haha I'm not sure I blame him. I'd be cocky too if I was a rookie having the game he is.

Deke
11-23-2008, 06:16 PM
And 4 touchdowns for Turner.

JTM
11-23-2008, 06:41 PM
And 4 touchdowns for Turner.

YESSIR! I GOT HIM ON MY FANTASY TEAM! AND GOOD GAME FOR THEM FALCONS!!! :cheers:

FasTech
11-23-2008, 07:32 PM
After seeing such a disappointment in the Dawgs this year I've been pulling for the Falcons...Not really a NFL fan, But Its alright.

VIP Style
11-23-2008, 07:33 PM
so turner had a huge day huh i missed the game, im happy with how he is playing, so seeing that i missed it who was the key contributing player to our victory?

HatchHero
11-23-2008, 07:36 PM
Haha I'm not sure I blame him. I'd be cocky too if I was a rookie having the game he is.

yeah he had a bad ass game

Imadaman
11-23-2008, 07:39 PM
what a game..Falcons played awesome.And were looking at a wild card spot..I think Michael Turner will have a big game next week against SD.

VIP Style
11-23-2008, 07:42 PM
wow big ups to our running game, i just checked the stats and ryan had no touchdown throws which meant all our tds came from the ground. if it was not strong i think we would be in trouble, good luck falcons!

americanctm
11-23-2008, 07:46 PM
^ yea Turner had 4 rushing TDs and Douglass had a great game, 92 receiving yards, a rushing TD, and a HUGE punt return for a TD. Ryan did a great job managing the game and made some tremendous throws and his decision making is coming along great. A great win for the Falcons, now only 1 game back in the division

Deke
11-23-2008, 07:57 PM
so turner had a huge day huh i missed the game, im happy with how he is playing, so seeing that i missed it who was the key contributing player to our victory?

I'm going to say Matt Ryan, just to piss you off :D

But in all honesty, from what I saw, it was a pretty good team effort. It was a big Game for Douglas though (especially being a rookie). He had a punt return for TD, a rushing TD, and a long pass completion that set up a touchdown. Turner ran for over 100 and 4 TDs (tied the franchise record on TDs). And Ryan was threading passes like normal.

Edit: Oops, haha somehow I missed the post above me.

OneSlow5pt0
11-23-2008, 08:00 PM
deff even though tuner had great game and dont wanan take anything from him,but ryan did a amazing job of running the offense,thiers vets that couldnt run it as good as he did today

americanctm
11-23-2008, 09:50 PM

how could you miss such an amazing and awesome post as mine before posting up your crap? :2up:

lmao

VIP Style
11-24-2008, 12:35 AM
lol you must already know how i feel about matt ryan, he good, but seems overrated to me. dont get me started lol
I'm going to say Matt Ryan, just to piss you off :D

But in all honesty, from what I saw, it was a pretty good team effort. It was a big Game for Douglas though (especially being a rookie). He had a punt return for TD, a rushing TD, and a long pass completion that set up a touchdown. Turner ran for over 100 and 4 TDs (tied the franchise record on TDs). And Ryan was threading passes like normal.

stephanie
11-24-2008, 05:47 PM
i went to the game............it was awesome.

i had an altercation on the way back to the car though........not so fun....but i know how to scare the bums away. even bums wont mess with a bitchy white woman.

XLR8NMR2
11-24-2008, 06:00 PM
good game now all we need is for tampa and carolina to lose next week and well be tied for first in the nfc south

turner and ryan or both ballers and I was disappointed in roddy white again he would be a much better #2 receiver and we need a big name receiver or tight end and well be good

OneSlow5pt0
11-24-2008, 06:08 PM
good game now all we need is for tampa and carolina to lose next week and well be tied for first in the nfc south

turner and ryan or both ballers and I was disappointed in roddy white again he would be a much better #2 receiver and we need a big name receiver or tight end and well be good

yea,well u know i dont think ryan needs a big star reciver,i mean it be great...but he spreads the ball around now,but if douglas can keep playing WR like he did against carolina then we should be good

and since we have the rights to vick still,maybe we can get some value out of him and trade him for something for some picks....be so nice to trade vick and 1st round pick for calvin johnson

Deke
11-24-2008, 06:15 PM
I'd love to get Calvin Johnson back in Atlanta.

VIP Style
11-24-2008, 07:02 PM
yea,well u know i dont think ryan needs a big star reciver,i mean it be great...but he spreads the ball around now,but if douglas can keep playing WR like he did against carolina then we should be good

and since we have the rights to vick still,maybe we can get some value out of him and trade him for something for some picks....be so nice to trade vick and 1st round pick for calvin johnson vick is a 3 time pro bowler, he got atlanta to the playoffs and then some, somebody will definitely pick the guy up, he is good rather you like him or not. too be honest i think we could use a big time receiver because i can already see it now, receivers dropping ryan passes making him look bad.

XLR8NMR2
11-24-2008, 10:09 PM

and since we have the rights to vick still,maybe we can get some value out of him and trade him for something for some picks....be so nice to trade vick and 1st round pick for calvin johnson

i think calvin johnson has like a 3-5 year contract deal...and even after that i doubt he becomes a free agent, he prob will get signed again...

CHAD JOHNSON

is another story.....he will probably be traded or cut from the bengals after this season...now if we picked him up...falcons are playoff worty and maybe can make a superbowl apperance if our defense can up it up one notch.

OneSlow5pt0
11-24-2008, 10:27 PM
i do not want chad on our team,we just got rid of vick lets not bring in another sideshow,hes not worth the trouble....

alpine_aw11
11-24-2008, 11:34 PM
I would take Chad Johnson. He would be a great addition, we need a big play receiver and I think Johnson would be a lot more successful with us than with the Bengals. Regardless, it was good to kick Carolina's ass. SD on Sunday is going to be a good game.

seriousb13
11-25-2008, 01:36 AM
i think calvin johnson has like a 3-5 year contract deal...and even after that i doubt he becomes a free agent, he prob will get signed again...

CHAD JOHNSON

is another story.....he will probably be traded or cut from the bengals after this season...now if we picked him up...falcons are playoff worty and maybe can make a superbowl apperance if our defense can up it up one notch.

falcons are playoff worthy! Chad Johnson with the falcons would be nice!

Spectic Tank
11-25-2008, 10:58 AM
Chad Johnson doesn't fit into the system that Dimitroff and Smith are trying to build. They want guys who put the team first...I don't think Johnson is that type of player.

Honestly, I don't think anything is wrong with our WR's. We have R. White who is one of the best in the league. Jenkins is becoming a more reliable reciever. I think everyone saw what potential we have in HD as a reciever.

There are way more pressing needs, especially on the other side of the ball. We need another DE to help out Abraham. Jamaal Anderson has been the definition of B-U-S-T so far. Brooking and Milloy are both getting older. Our offense is young, I think they will continue to get better. Our defense is missing some pieces though.

VIP Style
11-25-2008, 01:09 PM
vick is still under contract with atlanta, who knows what they are planning on doing with him, i think his days are over in atlanta though, but i am extremely anxious about seeing if ryan gets us to the playoffs and if he does, i want to see how he plays
i do not want chad on our team,we just got rid of vick lets not bring in another sideshow,hes not worth the trouble....