PDA

View Full Version : Poem for fundraiser @ SDR.

BUGMAN
11-23-2008, 05:29 PM
This is in regards to the fundraiser race this coming Saturday that we are hosting @ SDR.

This was forwarded to me by Ed @ Silver Dollar Raceway. I wasn't sure if I should post this or not so if anyone is offended I will gladly have it removed. I have to say that it touched us and hopefully it will touch a few of you during the Holidays. Please keep the family in your prayers.

Forwarded email: Mr. Ed, could you do me a big favor. I went to the web site and in turn clicked on the Bugman link. Tears filled my eyes when I read that the man killed at Eatonton was so young and left a wife and unborn child. Now they are trying to make this a fundraiser.

Could you, with your exceptionally caring heart, get this poem to whomever it should get to prior to their coming?

"Please Share Your Heart"

There are lights in the city
All colors you know,
Christmas Carroll's on the radio
Rudolph's nose is to glow.

But we have a wife and a child
That has lost all the cheer,
You see her husband, Michael Weekly
Was lost last month of this year.

Please while enjoying
Today and tomorrow,
Help us help the family
Fully torn up with sorrow.

A new baby, not born yet
A mother still young,
Now no husband to kiss
When the mistletoe's hung.

Please share your heart
An extra buck, maybe two,
We'll all feel a little better
AS Michael's wife, maybe too.

John Pewters
aka yoyo

Motivation
11-23-2008, 06:11 PM
wow... I think that is definately fitting to the cause! If it actually does offend someone then screw them. They don't have to read it.

Is the family going to be at SDR on the 29th?

BUGMAN
11-23-2008, 06:14 PM
wow... I think that is definitely fitting to the cause! If it actually does offend someone then screw them. They don't have to read it.

Is the family going to be at SDR on the 29th?

The family knows what we are doing but not sure if they will be there. I am sure they are going through a lot right now and a drag strip maybe the last place they want to be. If I find out any different I will post up asap.

YOYO is the tech in guy @ SDR so if you come to the race you can tell him what you think of his poem for the family. ;)

Chris

Motivation
11-23-2008, 06:21 PM
The family knows what we are doing but not sure if they will be there. I am sure they are going through a lot right now and a drag strip maybe the last place they want to be. If I find out any different I will post up asap.

YOYO is the tech in guy @ SDR so if you come to the race you can tell him what you think of his poem for the family. ;)

Chris

True, but when I lost my dad it was good to be around people that were willing to help and support. That's why I figured they might want to do this because it sounds like the dad/husband would have been part of this too. But anyways, I'll let yoyo know if I see him down there. :goodjob:

Hope the turn out is huge! See ya there.

BUGMAN
11-23-2008, 06:55 PM
Good point, I didn't think of it like that.

Sorry about your Father... I didn't know. :(

buddha@TeamFX
11-24-2008, 12:30 PM
That's a good one Chris...See you guys this week!

BUGMAN
11-24-2008, 07:17 PM
Can't wait man. How far are you going to be from Fort Valley? I have been looking for a Ryan's or Golden Corral type place to eat but can't find diddly in that area.

buddha@TeamFX
11-25-2008, 12:32 PM
Ft. Valley is over next to the interstate. I actually get off at Forsyth Ga. when I go, it cuts off a few miles. Umm I know Perry has a few places you might want to look there. Perry is only about a 30 min. drive from Reynolds. Not far at all.

buddha@TeamFX
11-25-2008, 12:42 PM
Chris...I'm literally probably 2 miles from the track. The road I'm staying off of is right outside the city limits. But yea let me know where ya'll decide to do dinner. We're all excited about coming!

BUGMAN
11-25-2008, 11:09 PM
Same here! :goodjob:

JDM TYTE
11-25-2008, 11:31 PM
Might come! :D