PDA

View Full Version : VAFC installation, There's only one thing on the diagram I don't understand

teh_mugen18
11-23-2008, 06:00 AM
There is only one thing about the VAFC wiring diagram that i dont understand. I know that it shows two splice points on the ignition power wire, and I know that it shows two splice points on the ground wire but what i do not understand is should i

-actually cut the ignition wire and ground wire in half completely, and then splice each VAFC wire to them separately

or

-do i keep the original wires on the ecu intact, and just find two separate splice points on that same wire?

Accurate info will be greatly appreciated and reps will be given:D :cheers:

green91
11-23-2008, 07:52 AM
You should definitely cut/solder all the wires in 2 seperate locations. Ditto with the ground wires.

teh_mugen18
11-23-2008, 09:52 AM
got it, lol thanks a lot

+1

SiRed94
11-23-2008, 09:54 AM
Use the second option that you listed. The two wires can be twisted together and ran to the same spot on the ignition wire. Do not separate the connection of the factory wire going to the ECU. Just use a lighter, melt the insulation on the wire, take something pointy and spread the wires, shove the two twisted together wires through the hole, and then rap them around and solder them. And use heat shrink tubing please.