PDA

View Full Version : Who can justify this driving?

speedminded
11-22-2008, 05:20 PM
Reading up on Angelo Zucchi's crash at Infineon I find an in-car video from another driver. (Angelo's crash is at 9:24)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cK_oDeB5RB4

Personally I do not understand how this Jerry Bradbury (USTCC #37 Mini Cooper S) character was able to obtain a competition license? (Much less win rookie of the year after this race) Every single turn he's taking a defensive line then sawing at the wheel 25-50% of the time. I got through about 3 minutes of it and simply couldn't watch any more.

EJ25RUN
11-22-2008, 05:26 PM
Is this about the crash or his driving? Cause i just skipped to the shunt.

speedminded
11-22-2008, 05:34 PM
Is this about the crash or his driving? Cause i just skipped to the shunt.The Mini's driving.

EJ25RUN
11-22-2008, 05:37 PM
I watched the video again. He does seem to be on the inside all the time. I do find that a bit strange since he is not getting out of anyone's way nor is he using a proper line through the corner.

I looked into the crash itself. He went into the actual grandstand. Crazy. :no:

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a222/HybridsRacing/DSC04151.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/rsxdc5/CRSX/NASA_Racing_11-8-08__11-9-08_269.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/rsxdc5/CRSX/NASA_Racing_11-8-08__11-9-08_271.jpg
http://forums.clubrsx.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=315131&d=1226635307

Motivation
11-22-2008, 05:44 PM
wow @ picture of his car in the grandstand... That takes some serious... talent?

dazn
11-22-2008, 05:47 PM
driving sux

lets see more vids of that crash :eek:

green91
11-22-2008, 05:52 PM
I am not impressed at all with his driving, he kills the entry speed and just plows the wheel over and plows through the turn every time, following no line whatsoever.

speedminded
11-22-2008, 05:55 PM
driving sux

lets see more vids of that crash :eek:Something broke sending him off the outside of the turn. He was driving great.

The Mini driver is just an idiot.

dazn
11-22-2008, 06:18 PM
Something broke sending him off the outside of the turn. He was driving great.

The Mini driver is just an idiot.

i wasnt talking about the rsx's driving, i was saying the mini driver sucks.

EJ25RUN
11-22-2008, 06:23 PM
I looked and the concrete divider as seen in this picture was not there at the time of impact. Does Sears Point, (Yes that is what i call it) not use it all the time?

dazn
11-22-2008, 06:31 PM
I looked and the concrete divider as seen in this picture was not there at the time of impact. Does Sears Point, (Yes that is what i call it) not use it all the time?

hmmm, maybe its just me, but it seems like a gravel trap would have served as a better safety feature than a wall at the edge of the racing surface.

jfman
11-22-2008, 06:35 PM
the mini drover hugs the inside of the turn early in the turn and then runs his corners wide. I have never done track days in a car but on bikes you are no supposed to do that. His line is out of whack. He is supposed to start wide and touch the apex and then run wide again. His method shaves too much speed and makes for slow corner exists.

EJ25RUN
11-22-2008, 06:45 PM
hmmm, maybe its just me, but it seems like a gravel trap would have served as a better safety feature than a wall at the edge of the racing surface.

It would. Save the car from impacting anything and a tire wall behind that. It appears nothing but some flat dirt is all that is there.

IDCoconut
11-22-2008, 07:26 PM
horrible driving by the mini. he can't turn nor can he properly control his damn throttle.

04sleepa
11-22-2008, 07:36 PM
by chance anyone hear the teggy begging for mercy around 4:32? lol

Elbow
11-22-2008, 07:54 PM
Wow...

2turbo4u
11-22-2008, 08:29 PM
I want video of the crash

Kalifornia087
11-23-2008, 12:16 PM
Wow. Dude in the mini... sheesh.
And even barely being able to see that crash, it looked pretty crazy.

dazn
11-23-2008, 12:33 PM
It would. Save the car from impacting anything and a tire wall behind that. It appears nothing but some flat dirt is all that is there.

so did u find out how that guy got up there? was his throttle stuck or did he just have that much momentum going up the hill?

speedminded
11-23-2008, 02:07 PM
so did u find out how that guy got up there? was his throttle stuck or did he just have that much momentum going up the hill?

hmmm, maybe its just me, but it seems like a gravel trap would have served as a better safety feature than a wall at the edge of the racing surface.Something broke sending him off the outside of the turn. There was no wall, that's a temporary barrier only put there for certain races. Hit dirt at 100mph you're not stopping anytime soon, ha! The crash is at the end of the video (9:24)

Here's the thread on the accident where I got the in-car video from.
http://www.nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=24705&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Siddhartha is Jerrry the mini driver, claims Angelo had "just passed him" before the accident on the last post of the 2nd page...if you call FOUR minutes earlier "just passed him" lol. Right there told me he's full of crap then I see his driving. I would kick someones ass for repeatedly diving inside the turns next to me and slamming on the brakes, he's just asking to lock up and t-bone a car entering a turn. I read he had an accident one of the races before this one and I'm looking for video of it, I'm curious how he fucked up.

matthewAPM
11-25-2008, 12:46 PM
lol at the mini guy. But you see the same kind of stuff in all series. I have had lap traffic do stupid stuff like that and it really sucks because you know next time you catch them the same thing will happen.

DirtyMechanic
11-25-2008, 02:11 PM
wow ive seen better lines from driver on IA.

87 Turbo II
11-25-2008, 02:15 PM
Ugh that is horrific how close he gets to the cars taking the proper line when they carve in to kiss the apex and he's trying to ride it.

Oz10
11-25-2008, 02:18 PM
Yeah you can see how far he is off the racing line when he is braking into those tight right-handers. The acura is wayyy left of him going into the corner.

DVSRX-7
11-25-2008, 04:56 PM
lol at the dumass mini driver.. he hits his apexs to fuckin early and exits them to late.. dumass driver.. and saw the acura crash it was fuckin nasty.. mini cooper driver needs to drive go karts from now on.. he sucks at driving..

Thighs
11-25-2008, 05:15 PM
wow... its like hes practicing how to dive in on people in tight corners except theres nobody to dive on. i read the comments and he was saying something about how he was "racing for position" yet he was holding cars in a faster class back because of his "line" lol. he needs to do a couple more driving schools before he races again.

speedminded
11-26-2008, 10:17 PM
wow... its like hes practicing how to dive in on people in tight corners except theres nobody to dive on. i read the comments and he was saying something about how he was "racing for position" yet he was holding cars in a faster class back because of his "line" lol. he needs to do a couple more driving schools before he races again.Claims he's taking the "defensive line" yet I know for a fact there's not a car on either side of him through 9/10 turns he's driving like that through.

I'm pretty sure he's using a much harder compound tire than most of the other cars but I'm still curious how fast he chews them up. IIf you want to be competitive then you have to factor in every single variable like that, especially tire wear for both sprint and endurance races.

He still got the rookie of the year, is that like "Most improved player" that basically says you sucked so bad at the beginning of the season but don't suck as bad any more? lol!

Kaiser
11-28-2008, 12:06 PM
Well, I was worried that my driving wouldn't be up to par if I ever got into real road racing.

Now I can sleep well tonight knowing that one of the worst drivers I know would be able to safely and cleanly pass more than someone who's actually already out there competing.