PDA

View Full Version : DISCOUNT TIRES! HELP PLEASE!

VtakFluid
11-22-2008, 12:03 AM
ok so i had my friend replace my break pads this morning and he tells me my alignments off in the front cause the inner thread on my kumhos were pretty bare. so i take it to discount tires near my house to get it checked out since i have warranty on them. and they tell me that i need new tires in the front... but the warranty doesnt cover them, since its mechanical problems? they only cover road damages, pot holes, nails, and etc. SOOOO the guy rings me up about 200$ for the front 2 to be replaced and i know it sounds like a good deal? but i mean, being a senior in high school with no job its hard dropping 200$ for some tires. so the guy tells me the only way for me to get new tires from warranty is for the tire to pop, or have a nail in it thats not fixable. anything that can happen on the road. any suggestions? cause im bout to put some spares on my car and take the 2 front wheels and hammer some nails into them :D haha. please i need help, give me some good advice IA!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

X-Runner
11-22-2008, 12:22 AM
Nail in the side wall. One tire one week..... the other the next...

VtakFluid
11-22-2008, 12:24 AM
Nail in the side wall. One tire one week..... the other the next...

well thats what i heard, but do i take off the wheel first then do it or with it on? and just hammer it on the side? haha

X-Runner
11-22-2008, 12:25 AM
It needs to go in at a certain place so it looks like it happened while driving... Ill leave this alone though. lol

VtakFluid
11-22-2008, 12:31 AM
lol thanks thoughh

81911SC
11-22-2008, 01:15 AM
LOL

X-Runner
11-22-2008, 01:18 AM
I mean... this is a do-able thing but if you have to ask how to go about it your never going to pull it off without getting caught trying to scam them on the road hazard deal.

UpSideDownDesi
11-22-2008, 01:25 AM
toss box of nails, driver over......say u got pwned by construction site lol jk. GL

VtakFluid
11-22-2008, 01:34 AM
I mean... this is a do-able thing but if you have to ask how to go about it your never going to pull it off without getting caught trying to scam them on the road hazard deal.

haha yeahhh, but i mean i was just thinking about taking off the wheel and just slamming a old nail into the letters on the side. say i ran over some construction work and got a flat. ha

VtakFluid
11-22-2008, 01:35 AM
toss box of nails, driver over......say u got pwned by construction site lol jk. GL

lol but just tiny nails will leave nothing they fix that stuff like nothing, i need a thick nail in the side so they cant fix it. haha

toxxxic
11-22-2008, 02:26 AM
just take almost all the air out of the tire & run it hot so it blows out lol

happened to me the other day =(

Kaiser
11-22-2008, 06:01 PM
Most Road Hazards won't cover that, and then he'd be out a tire and still have to pay.

When they say "in the sidewall" they don't mean in the letters on the side of the tire. They mean in the tread within about an inch of the edge of the tire. I'll leave it alone from there, and tell you that technically it is fraud to do this.