PDA

View Full Version : New goodies, got a question.

X-Runner
11-22-2008, 12:03 AM
I bought a TKO Audio 10.4" flip down screen for the Excursion. Going to feed the video to it from the double din in the dash. Now it has 2 vid. inputs and one left/right audio input. I assume thats for the built in IR transmitter it has for wireless head phones? If so why does it only have one input and not 2 like for the vid?

And another question, what type of head phones will I need for the IR transmitter to make them work with that? I have some from and old DVD/flip down I had that used the IR transmitter for them. Those will work I assume but where can I buy new ones as well? Ive never seen any listed seprately that I can recall.

James777
11-28-2008, 06:44 PM
it's impossible to say why it would have two video and only one audio input. maybe, one is an output to additional screens. when you add multiple screens, the signal can be degraded when it is split too many times, or it travels too long of a distance. this usually results in horizontal lines or a blank screen. they sell video amplifiers to fix this problem, but many screens have one built in.

as for the ir headphones, the best way is trial and error. many are interchangeable, but some are not. expect to pay a little more for 2 channel headphones (they are usually for dual source headrest kits)

James Stanton