PDA

View Full Version : New 510 in town!

F8d2Blk
11-21-2008, 07:41 AM
New VIDEO.................. 11-20-09

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt3yE4IxKd4

Well long story short I won a 510 off of ebay in California. Flew out there and drove the damn thing back. Drove pretty well, picked up a nail on the way and had a tire blowout the last day of driving home. Luckily I didn't wreck the damn thing. Well I hope to make the next old school meet. Right now it is having all the wiring redone.

Here's a teaser picture:
Mine is the black one.

http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo236/carder457/dimes5.jpg

Either way I need someone to buy my other 510 on Craigslist.
It has an sr20de S14 non-turbo has some sort of electrical issue.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/pts/912261120.html
Here's it actually running:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VSonGjJDyw
And heres the most recent video of it running:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rz2dpM_-Lo
When we were trying to set the timing, we put the timing light on all the wires except for 4th one and the light was sporatic, like it was misfiring.

Needs:
Front Fenders
Seats
Rear Quarters
Sheet metal
Bondo
Driveshaft
Needs rubber too. I have some but not all.

mocha latte cupcake
11-21-2008, 07:51 AM
EPI WIN! <3 GO ICHI ZERO!

Skids
11-21-2008, 09:54 AM
Aww, its got a 73 sss grill I seriously hate you. Im so jealous. Need more info and pics on that thing.

F8d2Blk
11-21-2008, 10:05 AM
VG30e Powered, Holley Carb'd
4 wheel discs
LSD
Has JDM Taillights too
Bluebird Door Panels, they say GL on the panels
Autopower Rollbar and Seatbelts
Panasports
280zx struts in front with Ground Controls
69' Rear Bumper

Skids
11-21-2008, 10:20 AM
Nice cant wait to see it.

solosi
11-21-2008, 10:28 AM
I saw that one ebay, It looks very nice. i`m looking forward to seeing it.

F8d2Blk
11-21-2008, 10:45 AM
I saw that one ebay, It looks very nice. i`m looking forward to seeing it.

It has a dent in the fender but not bad. No offense to Mexicans but he had everything wired like crazy. It's unfortunate but he didn't know much about wiring. For example, there was 2 subs in the trunk, 2 amps, and such. It had a
8 gauge wire going from the amp to battery up til about 4 inches to the batter then it dropped down to an 18 gauge wire. I was wondering why I couldn't really turn up the music. Cause it quickly became distorted. Oh well,
Subs and amps are gone too and supposedly he said that he had a NOS bottle in the trunk but was only using it as to purge but we shall see when we hit the dyno.

LeX
11-21-2008, 12:58 PM
nice! i also saw that car on ebay too :)

quickdodgeŽ
11-21-2008, 05:04 PM
What a beautiful car. Only complaint would be the seats, lolol. But 100% approved. Later, QD.

F8d2Blk
11-21-2008, 08:11 PM
What a beautiful car. Only complaint would be the seats, lolol. But 100% approved. Later, QD.

Don't care for the seats either, to flashy for me.

dimer4life
11-21-2008, 11:27 PM
Well long story short I won a 510 off of ebay in California. Flew out there and drove the damn thing back. Drove pretty well, picked up a nail on the way and had a tire blowout the last day of driving home. Luckily I didn't wreck the damn thing. Well I hope to make the next old school meet. Right now it is having all the wiring redone.

Here's a teaser picture:
Mine is the black one.

http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo236/carder457/dimes5.jpg

Either way I need someone to buy my other 510 on Craigslist.
It has an sr20de S14 non-turbo has some sort of electrical issue.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/pts/912261120.html
Here's it actually running:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VSonGjJDyw
And heres the most recent video of it running:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rz2dpM_-Lo
When we were trying to set the timing, we put the timing light on all the wires except for 4th one and the light was sporatic, like it was misfiring.

Needs:
Front Fenders
Seats
Rear Quarters
Sheet metal
Bondo
Driveshaft
Needs rubber too. I have some but not all.

There goes my bro's old white 510. You're so lucky man, are any of those for sale?

WFOdime
11-22-2008, 08:36 PM
I saw your black one at alan cox the other day. I was delivering parts. I got a dime also but yours is so much more boss than mine.

quickdodgeŽ
11-23-2008, 01:00 AM
Don't care for the seats either, to flashy for me.

Exactly. Later, QD.

F8d2Blk
11-23-2008, 06:44 AM
Sorry, neither for sale. The grill and front air dam make it look mean. I hope to get rid of the hood pins one day too.

LeX
11-23-2008, 10:14 AM
we need to get lots of 510 together next year at the first meet

EJ25RUN
11-23-2008, 10:23 AM
Looks excellent.

puregroove
11-23-2008, 11:33 AM
man, the black one looks so good. --looks done, so right. --very much looking forward to seeing it in person.

F8d2Blk
11-19-2009, 03:48 PM
Wow, this was my first post in this section. Thanks IA for making this section happen. I made a video, the first one I did was much better than this one but stupid msn movie maker made me do some hoops to figure out what file was corrupted that was imported so I had to post over a few times to get it right. Hope you guys enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt3yE4IxKd4

quickdodgeŽ
11-19-2009, 04:31 PM
Thanks IA for making this section happen.

You're welcome, lolol. I'll take credit for this as I talked to Julio multiple times to get this section up. Told him it would work.

Cool video. Hate to see the car go, but if it's to benefit anothe rJ-Tin, then forge forward. Later, QD.

87 Turbo II
11-19-2009, 08:58 PM
That video is awesome. I think you parked behind me in grid at an autocross once and we talked. Glad to see things are going well with the 510, the family and life for you.

F8d2Blk
11-20-2009, 06:43 AM
You're welcome, lolol. I'll take credit for this as I talked to Julio multiple times to get this section up. Told him it would work.

Cool video. Hate to see the car go, but if it's to benefit anothe rJ-Tin, then forge forward. Later, QD.

Thanks to Julio and you! It's not gone yet, but we shall see. I put a higher price than I paid for it to make it worth it to me. But it will be a sad day when the car is gone. :(

87 Turbo II That video is awesome. I think you parked behind me in grid at an autocross once and we talked. Glad to see things are going well with the 510, the family and life for you.

Thanks, make sure you say hey to me again sometime. I am still baffled how rotaries work and you always have people saying they are extremely reliable and some say they crap out all the time. I may try and put my Datsun pickup out there next year if the car is sold.

Z U L8R
11-21-2009, 08:54 PM
beautiful 510 man, i like the his and hers moonroof :D

that looked like chris's white ka24de 510 in one of the pics...whoever wired up his ENTIRE car is a bad ass...they even wired up the courtesy lights....i'm just sayin hahah

great vid man :D

Dave

shromy
11-21-2009, 09:13 PM
Nice ride, I have 88ss z31. Always wanted a 510, and plan to find the right one some day.

dragoncelica
11-21-2009, 11:36 PM
nice car, those 510 are something else bro!

RedGTS
11-23-2009, 08:15 AM
I Like it alot, congrats.

Any storys from the drive back? thats alot of miles

F8d2Blk
11-23-2009, 08:29 AM
I Like it alot, congrats.

Any storys from the drive back? thats alot of miles

Here's the story:

http://www.redlineautoclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=946

whtdc2
11-23-2009, 09:29 PM
i can give you the the guys number he does a great. the wiring is the best thing on the car. haha

whtdc2
11-23-2009, 09:31 PM
beautiful 510 man, i like the his and hers moonroof :D

that looked like chris's white ka24de 510 in one of the pics...whoever wired up his ENTIRE car is a bad ass...they even wired up the courtesy lights....i'm just sayin hahah

great vid man :D

Dave

the wiring is great. i can hook you up with the guy. haha

whtdc2
11-23-2009, 09:37 PM
the video is awesome. there are some pictures of me auto-crossing jeffs bad ass vg i had not seen in it. good job guys.

i will miss it when it sales. i have raced it more when my car.

87 Turbo II
11-24-2009, 02:30 AM
Thanks to Julio and you! It's not gone yet, but we shall see. I put a higher price than I paid for it to make it worth it to me. But it will be a sad day when the car is gone. :(

Thanks, make sure you say hey to me again sometime. I am still baffled how rotaries work and you always have people saying they are extremely reliable and some say they crap out all the time. I may try and put my Datsun pickup out there next year if the car is sold.

The truth about rotary's reliability is that YES the engine is harder to maintain, but if you do it right, the engine will be as reliable as you are. If you don't let it warm before driving, if you let the oil get too low, if you don't occasionally ping redline to clear carbon buildup, it will take its toll. The first gen engines had 3mm apex seals and saw between 200k and 300k miles before needing the first rebuild. The 2nd Gen N/As lasted about 180k to 200k miles on average, the booste ones about 140k to 170k and the FDs (when left stock) can see about 120k to 160k, when you mod them, heat is the biggest enemy and people have seen engines go as soon as 40k miles, and that gives the bad rep.

If I see you I'll definitely give you a shout again.

F8d2Blk
11-24-2009, 07:02 AM
The truth about rotary's reliability is that YES the engine is harder to maintain, but if you do it right, the engine will be as reliable as you are. If you don't let it warm before driving, if you let the oil get too low, if you don't occasionally ping redline to clear carbon buildup, it will take its toll. The first gen engines had 3mm apex seals and saw between 200k and 300k miles before needing the first rebuild. The 2nd Gen N/As lasted about 180k to 200k miles on average, the booste ones about 140k to 170k and the FDs (when left stock) can see about 120k to 160k, when you mod them, heat is the biggest enemy and people have seen engines go as soon as 40k miles, and that gives the bad rep.

Yeah and maybe I can get a ride a long and vice versa?

Glides
11-24-2009, 08:01 AM

100% agree. :goodjob:

87 Turbo II
11-24-2009, 12:14 PM
Yeah and maybe I can get a ride a long and vice versa?

All right. This summer after my engine rebuild it'll be the event to ride along in haha. I'm hoping for roughly 200whp with mild porting, tuning, and the compression of a fresh rebuild. And I'd love to see what the VG30 510 can do.