PDA

View Full Version : new law trying to be passed.

rbwdriven
11-21-2008, 07:10 AM
http://zilvia.net/f/off-topic-chat/225778-high-powered-vehicles-ban-law-enforcement-protection-act-2009-a.html

this would include all the cars we own.

time to make you voice heard.

Total_Blender
11-21-2008, 07:34 AM
Seems like a crock to me... heres why:

The 2009 session of Congress will be the 111th Congress. The 115th Congress won't happen untill 2013. :crazy:

Also, if you look of THOMAS (the Library of Congress search engine) you won't see any legislation like that listed with the representative they claim is behind it (Carolyn McCarthy from New York).

If you actually read the list its pretty retarded. The would be banning about half of the cars the Domestic companies are building. Remember that much of the Democratic base is the auto unions and areas like Michigan that are heavily dependent on the auto industry.

Add to that the guy who posted it didn't include a source from where he got the information....

I think we're done here :ninja:

cwhiteboy
11-21-2008, 09:30 AM

The 2009 session of Congress will be the 111th Congress. The 115th Congress won't happen untill 2013. :crazy:

Also, if you look of THOMAS (the Library of Congress search engine) you won't see any legislation like that listed with the representative they claim is behind it (Carolyn McCarthy from New York).

If you actually read the list its pretty retarded. The would be banning about half of the cars the Domestic companies are building. Remember that much of the Democratic base is the auto unions and areas like Michigan that are heavily dependent on the auto industry.

Add to that the guy who posted it didn't include a source from where he got the information....

x2

rbwdriven
11-21-2008, 11:30 AM
yeah we started looking at it after I posted it and started debunking it.

the guy that sent it to me said well I checked it first on snopes.

We threw the bs flag about 5 minutes after I posted this.

plus if you read the article that the woman wrote about gun control looks almost like the car one.

jfrolang
11-21-2008, 05:57 PM
Congress is in session for two years at a time, the 115th Congress doesn't take place until January 2017.

LIKEG6
11-21-2008, 06:17 PM
Congress is in session for two years at a time, the 115th Congress doesn't take place until January 2017.

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

Thighs
11-21-2008, 06:35 PM
lol cop cars have more power than what that law states...

if it were real and somehow DID pass, id keep my car and drive it every day. cop cars would have to be under 25 hp... my car has ~170... i win. im gonna run from teh cops all day long. lolol

§treet_§peed
11-21-2008, 06:39 PM
Lol at the thought of this,,, just say if something like this did happen.. the person trying to get it approved would be laughed out of the building...

§treet_§peed
11-21-2008, 06:40 PM
lol im just gonna buy a fucking moped and stroke that bitch and put a shot of nitrous lol

blackshine007
11-21-2008, 07:05 PM
This section here...

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.
This Act may be cited as the `High-Powered Vehicles Ban and Law Enforcement Protection Act of 2009'.
SEC. 2. DEFINITIONS.
(a) In General- Section 921(a)(30) of title 18, United States Code, as added by section 2(a) of this Act, is amended to read as follows:
`(30) The term `High-Powered Vehicle' means any of the following:
`(A) The following autos or copies, replicas or duplicates thereof:
`(i) Ford Mustang, GT350, GT500KR, Cobra, Mustang GT, Mustang SVO, Roush, Saleen, Turbocoupe, Shelby, Mercury Capri;
`(ii) Chevrolet Camaro or Pontiac Firebird;
`(iii) Buick Grand National, Turbo or GNX ;
`(iv) Dodge Charger, Challenger, Magnum, SuperBee, SuperBird, Viper, Plymouth Barracuda;

Contradicts this section

SEC. 5. REPEAL OF CERTAIN EXEMPTIONS.
Section 922(v)(3) of title 18, United States Code, as added by section 2(a) of this Act, is amended by striking `(3)' and all that follows through the 1st sentence and inserting the following:
`(3) Paragraph (1) shall not apply to any vehicle that--
`(A) is manually started by a crank;
`(B) has been rendered permanently inoperable; or
`(C) is an antique auto.'.

Either way, this wouldn't get any votes.

`(E)(i) Except as provided in clause (ii), any vehicle with the capacity of producing over 150 brake horsepower.

So the douche bag bitch that wrote this is pretty much wanting to ban every fuel powered car on the road. Even the police cars make more power than that. And it's easy to manipulate that. You can make electric cars fast. It's all a matter of finding a battery that can retain a charge. Like I said, it won't win.

redrumracer
11-21-2008, 07:12 PM
this will make EVEN MORE people run from the cops. hell i would if this came into play.

green91
11-21-2008, 07:14 PM
LOL they are gonna leave my civic DX alone (if i take off the turbo) but they will come and take my Tacoma lol.

Nikola
11-21-2008, 07:23 PM
Not many cars left to drive after shes done!!!

Whiteboy572
11-21-2008, 07:23 PM
This section here...

Contradicts this section

Either way, this wouldn't get any votes.

So the douche bag bitch that wrote this is pretty much wanting to ban every fuel powered car on the road. Even the police cars make more power than that. And it's easy to manipulate that. You can make electric cars fast. It's all a matter of finding a battery that can retain a charge. Like I said, it won't win.

The germans have made a kit for the prius to be making a GOOD bit of power out of the electric motors.. I think it was something equivelant of 450hp??? Doesnt realy matter, electric motors can be very capable of producing a lot of power, then get a light weight body and your back in the scene with a differant breed of street racers. Trains run off of electric motors, the only reason for their diesel engines is to be used as a generator. If it can tow all that cargo imagine that torque in a car..

Tech5
11-21-2008, 07:33 PM
Agree well put!