PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a '93FD

J13eck
11-20-2008, 07:50 PM
They're beautiful cars but are they worth keeping as a Daily Driver? I've heard a lot of bad things about these cars:(

If you have any tips or tricks, let me know!

redrumracer
11-20-2008, 08:13 PM
They're beautiful cars but are they worth keeping as a Daily Driver? I've heard a lot of bad things about these cars:(

If you have any tips or tricks, let me know!
yea they are deff worth keeping, just drive em like they are meant to be driven.

Motivation
11-20-2008, 08:25 PM
Did you buy this from a guy named Rick?

EDIT: I just talked to Rick and he says the guy that just bought his 93 FD lived in Columbus... So I am going to guess it was him and his partners car... If so, I will vouch for car with out a doubt. :goodjob:

J13eck
11-20-2008, 08:29 PM
Bascially yeah, why?

Did you buy this from a guy named Rick?

Motivation
11-20-2008, 08:32 PM
Bascially yeah, why?

It was a buddy of mine. I was just wondering. He told me Tuesday a guy was coming to buy it. Honest people and a good guys (him and his partner that sells cars). You have a good car now. Hope you enjoy it, I would have loved to take it off his hands. :goodjob:

I can also tell you he never ragged it out either. Just so you know.

J13eck
11-20-2008, 10:21 PM
^very good to know! yeah i liked John(no homo), he was a cool guy. LOTS of cool cars too. Thanks for the input, i was pretty sure i bought a good car.

Motivation
11-20-2008, 10:22 PM
^very good to know! yeah i liked John(no homo), he was a cool guy. LOTS of cool cars too. Thanks for the input, i was pretty sure i bought a good car.

Yeah... they have a LOOOOT of cars. He tried to sell it to me, but I couldn't get it from him. Just get that gas door. lol. Rick told me to tell ya to be careful with it, told me about the gsr. :goodjob:

1439/2000
11-20-2008, 10:25 PM
Make sure the AST is in good shape and do regular maintenance often. Mine is not my daily though.

BTW go to the Mazda section and look at the RX-7 meet we have coming up this Sunday at the Varsity in ATL.

Motivation
11-20-2008, 10:27 PM
motor is FRESHLY rebuilt... less than 1000 miles on it now.

J13eck
11-20-2008, 10:57 PM
$108 carbon fiber gas cap! :goodjob:lol yeah he switched the odometer to count the exact miles on the motor which is pretty sweet. Uhm, ya the GSR is GONE. Actually the motor is still good, the rear end is really bad, and im kinda messed up too. I have a 10% fracture in my back and a compressed vertebra along with road rash on my left leg. It could have been a lot worse though seeing as i flew out the back hatch, but i learned my lesson. I won't be able to drive until the beginning of Feb. which is definatly a bummer for me because im always out doing something:crazy:AND I HAVE A NEW RIDE JUST SITTING.. yep this sucks. Atleast i can go outside and look at it:D haha

I wont be making any meets anytime soon 1439/2000 but i'll let you know when i can or you'll see me up there.

and i'll post some pics of the car soon once i find this stupid camera cord.