PDA

View Full Version : a lil debate anyone ?

The Golden Child
09-10-2005, 10:08 AM
topic : if you had to pick a president who would it be and why and how do you think they will help this world of chaos ??

cause shit honestly this world is falling apart ..

b18hb
09-10-2005, 12:35 PM
it would't be hillary clinton, that's for sure. the last thing we need is another couple of terms with her in office.

honestly, i don't think that there is a lot the president can do to change the mindset of society. the problem is in the attitude of the people around us. the people that care about unity and the wellbeing of our nation as a whole are few and far between. this nation is so divided that if any serious conflict were to occur, i doubt we'd do very well.

The Golden Child
09-10-2005, 12:58 PM
that was interesting i do agree on the people part ..

b18hb
09-10-2005, 02:24 PM
to elaborate, political correctness is out of control. free expression/free speech only applies if one isn'treligious (for example: one can't display/promote religion in grade school or work, but can display/promote homosexuality all day long). one isn't a racist if they're a minority. your actions are everyone's fault but your own, and so they must pay you. people lend a helping hand when one has nothing, and yet that person recieving the help complains that people aren't giving enough, fast enough or misuse the help that's been provided.

the media just makes this worse, manipulating our mindless society however they (or the government [don't think that censorship doesn't happen]) see fit. a perfect example of our societies lack of common sense lays in the gas frenzy that happened not long ago.

i think the biggest of these issues though is that people don't think they should be held accountable for their actions anymore.

topsecret2JZ
09-10-2005, 02:26 PM
arnold..... hes governing cali fine why not

4dmin
09-10-2005, 03:51 PM
i think gen. colin powel, i like him. he seems like a very genuine man, we is very loyal to his country, did two tours in veitnam and i think him being a 4 star general says a lot. seems like a nice guy. the problem w/ this is the majority of the people who go out to be president are politicians, not public servants.

Brett
09-10-2005, 03:54 PM
^^ I agree, I think he is one of the few who would make a genuine president and truley have the citizens best interest at heart and not come into the term with a hidden agenda.

blacknightteg
09-10-2005, 04:26 PM
i think that anyone who has served in our military would make a fine president, even if they are politicians now, they still probably would make alot more sensable choices instead of ones just to please their political party

The Golden Child
09-10-2005, 05:05 PM
very true .. mind is learning ..

SniperJoe
09-10-2005, 07:54 PM
Off the top of my head, I would pick John McCain, as he is a very honorable and decent man, but at the same time, he doesn't put up with any crap from anyone. That and he doesn't listen to the special interest groups as much as most politicians.

chrisdavis
09-11-2005, 05:01 PM
Off the top of my head, I would pick John McCain, as he is a very honorable and decent man, but at the same time, he doesn't put up with any crap from anyone. That and he doesn't listen to the special interest groups as much as most politicians.

I would have voted for McCain in a second had he won the nod from the democratic party

Kristi
09-13-2005, 12:04 PM
Colin Powell is a great choice. He should run for president.

But honestly - I would want my mom as president. She would change things so much and we talk about it all the time. She has the right views on the way a presidency should be run. but that is my opinion.

malfeas99
09-13-2005, 12:10 PM
Colin Powell is a great choice. He should run for president.

But honestly - I would want my mom as president. She would change things so much and we talk about it all the time. She has the right views on the way a presidency should be run. but that is my opinion.

What would she do?

Kristi
09-13-2005, 12:27 PM
take all the idiots out of the government, remove troops from Iraq, uphold separation of church and state, uphold roe vs. wade, move all the jobs back to the US, close the borders or reduce the number of immigrants, bring back the death penalty in all states (eye for an eye), and make the national language ENGLISH again.

malfeas99
09-13-2005, 12:35 PM
take all the idiots out of the government, remove troops from Iraq, uphold separation of church and state, uphold roe vs. wade, move all the jobs back to the US, close the borders or reduce the number of immigrants, bring back the death penalty in all states (eye for an eye), and make the national language ENGLISH again.

It's kind of cute that she thinks she could do a lot of those things as President. :)

Or that removing troops from Iraq right now wouldn't be a huge disaster (not that it was necessarily a good idea in the first place).

I'm actually against Roe vs. Wade. Not because I'm against abortion, but because I don't think it's a federal governmental issue at all. Overturning Roe Vs. Wade doesn't mean that abortion becomes illegal, it just means that the federal government would be taking it's hands out of the pie. Of course, since many anti-abortionists see overturning it as the first step to instigating federal ANTI-abortion legislation, I can see how it might worry a lot of people.

Kristi
09-13-2005, 02:49 PM
It's kind of cute that she thinks she could do a lot of those things as President. :)

Or that removing troops from Iraq right now wouldn't be a huge disaster (not that it was necessarily a good idea in the first place).

I'm actually against Roe vs. Wade. Not because I'm against abortion, but because I don't think it's a federal governmental issue at all. Overturning Roe Vs. Wade doesn't mean that abortion becomes illegal, it just means that the federal government would be taking it's hands out of the pie. Of course, since many anti-abortionists see overturning it as the first step to instigating federal ANTI-abortion legislation, I can see how it might worry a lot of people.

my mom is funny like that. people can probably see where heather and i get it from now, lol.

i agree - removing troops could be a disaster, but it all depends on how it is done. we just need to find osama, shoot him and leave.

with the whole roe vs. wade - i am one of those that thinks if it is over turned it will eventually become illegal. i am definitely pro choice because i feel that it is either wrong all the time or none of the time. most people say they are pro life, but then they say it is ok if a girl is raped, etc. but that means they are pro choice cause it is one way or the other. that is why i feel it shouldn't be messed with. because as long as it is upheld - girls who are raped, or in physical danger (mother or baby), or rape with incest, etc. have a way out. i think that using abortion as a form of birth control is just plain wrong.

malfeas99
09-13-2005, 03:00 PM
my mom is funny like that. people can probably see where heather and i get it from now, lol.

i agree - removing troops could be a disaster, but it all depends on how it is done. we just need to find osama, shoot him and leave.

with the whole roe vs. wade - i am one of those that thinks if it is over turned it will eventually become illegal. i am definitely pro choice because i feel that it is either wrong all the time or none of the time. most people say they are pro life, but then they say it is ok if a girl is raped, etc. but that means they are pro choice cause it is one way or the other. that is why i feel it shouldn't be messed with. because as long as it is upheld - girls who are raped, or in physical danger (mother or baby), or rape with incest, etc. have a way out. i think that using abortion as a form of birth control is just plain wrong.

Politically, I am neither pro-choice or pro-life.

I am pro-government-should-get-it's-bloated-oversized-ass-out-of-the-equasion-because-it's-none-of-it's-business.

TranceDJ06
09-13-2005, 03:01 PM
Anyone that doesnt have the name bush in it.

malfeas99
09-13-2005, 03:07 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/totp2/features/wallpaper/images/800/kate_bush.jpg

KATE BUSH FOR PRESIDENT

4dmin
09-14-2005, 07:35 AM
i think that anyone who has served in our military would make a fine president, even if they are politicians now, they still probably would make alot more sensable choices instead of ones just to please their political party

i don't know just b/c they served (kinda served) in the military doesn't make them qualified to me... shit look at Bush and Kerry... Bush records were never opened up for people to look into :rolleyes: and Kerry too much drama over medals. I think men who've made military careers are a different story, they've seen and done things most haven't.

Jaimecbr900
09-14-2005, 02:53 PM
to elaborate, political correctness is out of control. free expression/free speech only applies if one isn'treligious (for example: one can't display/promote religion in grade school or work, but can display/promote homosexuality all day long). one isn't a racist if they're a minority. your actions are everyone's fault but your own, and so they must pay you. people lend a helping hand when one has nothing, and yet that person recieving the help complains that people aren't giving enough, fast enough or misuse the help that's been provided.

the media just makes this worse, manipulating our mindless society however they (or the government [don't think that censorship doesn't happen]) see fit. a perfect example of our societies lack of common sense lays in the gas frenzy that happened not long ago.

i think the biggest of these issues though is that people don't think they should be held accountable for their actions anymore.

+5000000000 if I could.

Excellent comment.

I too agree with Paul. Colin Powell would be a good choice. His overall life experience would far outweigh any career politician's and then some.

malfeas99
09-14-2005, 03:06 PM
+5000000000 if I could.

Excellent comment.

I too agree with Paul. Colin Powell would be a good choice. His overall life experience would far outweigh any career politician's and then some.

Though, a military man doth not a good president make.

Ulysses S. Grant springs to mind.

b18hb
09-15-2005, 11:02 PM
+5000000000 if I could.

Excellent comment.

Thanks =)