PDA

View Full Version : Question! on intake...

pInoy_R
11-20-2008, 12:06 AM
Sooo I had this issue last week.

I was on my on my way to pick up my siblings at Church. I stopped at a light and made my way to make the turn. Car shut off, completely, like it lost air. Turned it off and waited a second and turned it on and it worked fine. A little noise like the intake was struggling to get air, like a clog. Later in the day my check engine light goes on.

I changed my oil thinking maybe. My car was very sluggish and its been 2 months and spent time at a shop. Took it for a test drive, did well for a while and then it did it again. Stalled out and came to a point of where it would stall.

I took it to a friend and they said it was my MAP Sensor. Once they took off the sensor it was exactly what the stall was like. Intake also was making a high pitched noise that I've never heard before.

The next day, I take it to a new step. (I had a cheap air filter, bought from Autozone and was like it should be fine.) I took apart my AEM Short Ram intake and looked inside the cone of the air filter. Strings of metal were coming off and parts of the inside wall of my intake were being scratched. I exchanged it with my old one. Check engine light goes off, runs beautifully.

My question is what should I do next to prohibit a break down? I'm not a mechanic but I know that it isn't a good thing for it to go straight into the throttle body and so forth the engine.

Suggestions?

Barefoot
11-20-2008, 08:33 AM
keep your car stock

James777
11-21-2008, 07:25 PM
that high pitched noise was a vacuum leak.

james

Theycall_Metue
11-22-2008, 07:39 PM
either you go cheap or rich it'll break over time