PDA

View Full Version : gsr trans problem

bertcivic
11-19-2008, 09:44 PM
ok..I'll try to keep it short...i drove my to work and it was fine untill I took a break and went to get something to eat.. I stop at the red light have the gear on neutral...when the light turn green i step on the clutch try to put on 1st but it wouldnt go in..:???: so i try to see if it would go in any other gear but no luck..so i check under the hood to see anything out of place but notthing..so i got in the car and try to put on 1st again but this time i have no pressure on the pedal...so I say to myself ok.. i need to bleed the clutch line..did that the clutch feel normal again... but it still won't go in gear:eek: .. any advice would be helpful... thanx in advance...:D

SPOOLIN
11-19-2008, 10:01 PM
gotta be someting in the clutch. Tranmissions don't just all of the sudden stop going in gear unless you were A) banging the shit out it before going into work or B) something in your clutch is causing it to not disengage.

Got Milk?
11-19-2008, 10:13 PM
this kid sounds like nermin!

BTEC
11-19-2008, 10:19 PM
you need to replace the hydraulic part that took a shit if u dnt have ne pressure on ur pedal. you usually have signs b4 they go out though.

if u got pressure but not until ur pedal is damn near on the floor then ur pressure plate has collapsed.

X-Runner
11-19-2008, 10:29 PM
this kid sounds like nermin!

:yes:

EmminoDaGreat
11-19-2008, 10:33 PM
I would lean toward a master cylinder, since you said you lost pedal pressure. A lot of master cylinders will leak out into the car, or leak internally and bypass seals.

bertcivic
11-20-2008, 04:53 PM
thank you to everybody for the idea and advice... I just fix it today.. its just the slave cylinder.. the boot had a hole in it...thank god its not something in the trans..