PDA

View Full Version : 5speed swap questions

SilverSurfer
11-19-2008, 07:49 PM
1990 Honda Accord LX 4 Door

1.has anybody ever done a 5speed swap?
2. I'm not familiar with the drive shaft on automatic and manuals but are they different?
3.What major parts are necessary for this process to succeed?

What i have:
1.transmission
2.Shift linkage
3.Shift boot
4.Flywheel
5.Clutch
6.Clutch pedal assembly
7.Clutch master cylinder
8.Clutch Line

this one guy on the accord site said i needed release bearing and a
release fork?

i would ask them but i'm on a tight schedule and IA has always helped me out in tough times that's why i always come to you guys :goodjob:

REPS given for knowledgeable facts

and as always thanks IA!

SilverSurfer
11-19-2008, 07:51 PM
forgot to add clutch line

DeeAOne
11-19-2008, 08:15 PM
the guy from cb7tuner im assuming is talking about the throwout bearing and release fork. if you buy a complete transmission, those two parts should already be included. if i were you, i would replace the throwout bearing though. they are a pain in the ass when they go out. they make a bunch of noise and are just plain annoying.

heres a picture:
http://www.evconvert.com/images/52.jpg

the rod that extends from the casing behind the bearing, thats the release fork. and the bearing, well thats the throwout bearing. lol

(it will not look identical because this is not an f series transmission.)

i have a little experience with this because i put a 97 accord transmission in my old 93 i had. :goodjob:

hope this helps a little.

SilverSurfer
11-19-2008, 08:21 PM
the guy from cb7tuner im assuming is talking about the throwout bearing and release fork. if you buy a complete transmission, those two parts should already be included. if i were you, i would replace the throwout bearing though. they are a pain in the ass when they go out. they make a bunch of noise and are just plain annoying.

heres a picture:
http://www.evconvert.com/images/52.jpg

the rod that extends from the casing behind the bearing, thats the release fork. and the bearing, well thats the throwout bearing. lol

(it will not look identical because this is not an f series transmission.)

i have a little experience with this because i put a 97 accord transmission in my old 93 i had. :goodjob:

hope this helps a little.

thanks man, u had a nice cb awhile back that now for sale u should buy it back :goodjob:

DeeAOne
11-19-2008, 08:25 PM
thanks man, u had a nice cb awhile back that now for sale u should buy it back :goodjob:i already have been thinking about it, trust me. lol

just dont have the money for it right now. :(

Barefoot
11-20-2008, 01:24 AM
http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205445

slimm
11-21-2008, 05:23 PM
i didnt take the time to read everyones responses so i may say the same thing someone else said. if so, my bad. you have pretty much all you need. i did the same swap in my civic and my axles matched up fine. the only other thing i had to change was my throttle cable mount (which im still searching for on IA) and tranny mounts (also still looking for). to put the shifter in, the floor had to be cut a little. no big deal. worked.