PDA

View Full Version : Name one thing we need to bring back from history... and support your answer?

4dmin
11-19-2008, 02:03 PM
Name one thing we need to bring back from history... and support your answer?

Dinosaurs... we need a reality check on whose boss. Plus a Jurassic Park would rule as well as hunting for raptors :lmfao:FUCK AFRICAN SAFARIS!!!

http://www.dinosaurtypes.net/images/home_page/DinosaursRef.gif

TheGrillMan
11-19-2008, 02:05 PM
amasing show

deff be worth it to "bring it back"

Benefit
11-19-2008, 02:06 PM
LETS NOT DWELL ON THE PAST

TheGrillMan
11-19-2008, 02:07 PM
LETS NOT DWELL ON THE PAST

umm

past > present

gtfo

Maniacc
11-19-2008, 02:07 PM
Can has Jesus?

http://i33.tinypic.com/2viku8h.jpg

Friggintitsman
11-19-2008, 02:08 PM
Honest answer:

Bruce Lee
So I could train under him and learn more about his way of life.

FTM answer
Ana Nichole Smith just so I could kill her again.

4dmin
11-19-2008, 02:09 PM
Honest answer:

Bruce Lee
So I could train under him and learn more about his way of life.

FTM answer
Ana Nichole Smith just so I could kill her again.

lol i was going to say Jesus but Ana needs to die first :lmfao:

Ran
11-19-2008, 02:11 PM
The Moral Fiber and Sexist Mindset of the 1950's.

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd268/wtf2435/good_wife.jpg

Self-explanatory.

Sport1.3
11-19-2008, 02:11 PM
http://i38.tinypic.com/2h55nxl.jpg

Friggintitsman
11-19-2008, 02:12 PM
Moral Fiber and Sexist Mindset of the 1950's.

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd268/wtf2435/good_wife.jpg

Self-explanatory.

Yes!

God damn women and their equal right and such.

4dmin
11-19-2008, 02:12 PM
http://i38.tinypic.com/2h55nxl.jpg

excellent b/c today's cartoons suck :cheers:

Sport1.3
11-19-2008, 02:13 PM
i would pretty much microwave babies to get this back

Alan®
11-19-2008, 02:15 PM
slavery!

damn black people always fucking shit up...

Slavery. Obama wouldn't be president :D :lmao: :goodjob: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

Friggintitsman
11-19-2008, 02:16 PM

QFT
They've cut the budget back on animation over the years. Granted cartoons back then were really cheesy, but they had a certain entertainment value that today's cartoons lack.

Sport1.3
11-19-2008, 02:17 PM

anime is not cartoons, it should all be eradicated....replaced with re-runs of the Bugs Bunny show

Friggintitsman
11-19-2008, 02:21 PM
anime is not cartoons, it should all be eradicated....replaced with re-runs of the Bugs Bunny show

Have you noticed that the cartoons that have survived all these years. (Hanna Barber, Warner Brothers, etc) have just vanished all together?

I think I've seen damn near every Looney Tunes cartoons at least 20 times each and still to this day if they are on I have to watch them.

IMO the last great cartoon was Ren and Stimpy. Mainly because it had the same roots that made those old cartoons great.

redrumracer
11-19-2008, 02:23 PM
i would pretty much microwave babies to get this back
you would microwave babies to get nothing back????????

and all cartoons suck, yes i didnt watch any as a kid.

Ran
11-19-2008, 02:26 PM
Have you noticed that the cartoons that have survived all these years. (Hanna Barber, Warner Brothers, etc) have just vanished all together?

I think I've seen damn near every Looney Tunes cartoons at least 20 times each and still to this day if they are on I have to watch them.Get Boomerang. It has Looney Toons and other classic cartoons as well as the last of the good Cartoon Network studio animations like Dexter's Lab and PPG.

IMO the last great cartoon was Ren and Stimpy. Mainly because it had the same roots that made those old cartoons great.IMO, Ren & Stimpy alongside Beavis & Butthead began to spell the demise of American cartoon quality. Art got ugly, jokes became crude, and overall quality became a thing of the past. It's part of the reason why I turned to anime. Stories are better, the humor is typically cleaner, the art is more attractive and the quality is better overall. I'll agree with you on one thing though, I miss the hell out of some Looney Toons.

§treet_§peed
11-19-2008, 02:27 PM
ren and sitmpy was the shit. stupid and entertaining ftw lol

I think if your bringing dinosaurs back then i think the raptor would be a great idea. with todays technological advances we could make them hunt what we want them to....train them bitches. hell if we were smart enough to bring one back to live then we would be able to program it to do what we want it to do....

alpine_aw11
11-19-2008, 02:27 PM
wanderlust

Friggintitsman
11-19-2008, 02:32 PM
You know what I would like to bring back from the past.

People's honor and integrity. I think our society as a whole, lack moral fiber in general. What ever happened to helping your community? I understand that our country has a rather dark past. When I hear from older folks about the way things use to be. It kind of make me believe I was born in the wrong time. Politicians that actually stood for the things they believe in. Warriors that once stood fought for our country, instead of actors and CIA members and son's of CIA members.

Sport1.3
11-19-2008, 02:32 PM

I think I've seen damn near every Looney Tunes cartoons at least 20 times each and still to this day if they are on I have to watch them.

IMO the last great cartoon was Ren and Stimpy. Mainly because it had the same roots that made those old cartoons great.

same here....i know exactly whats gonna happen, but i still lawl everytime Barney fucks something up and fred yells at him :bowdown:

Ran
11-19-2008, 02:34 PM

People's honor and integrity. I think our society as a whole, lack moral fiber in general. What ever happened to helping your community? I understand that our country has a rather dark past. When I hear from older folks about the way things use to be. It kind of make me believe I was born in the wrong time. Politicians that actually stood for the things they believe in. Warriors that once stood fought for our country, instead of actors and CIA members and son's of CIA members.:werd:

i still lawl everytime Barney fucks something up and fred yells at him :bowdown: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

Sport1.3
11-19-2008, 02:36 PM
you would microwave babies to get nothing back????????

and all cartoons suck, yes i didnt watch any as a kid.

1. i posted above with my selection of things i wish to recreate, to which i would microwave babies to get back.

2. Your opinion no longer has any merit, you fail at life you worthless mouth breather......please end yourself

Friggintitsman
11-19-2008, 02:36 PM
Get Boomerang. It has Looney Toons and other classic cartoons as well as the last of the good Cartoon Network studio animations like Dexter's Lab and PPG.

IMO, Ren & Stimpy alongside Beavis & Butthead began to spell the demise of American cartoon quality. Art got ugly, jokes became crude, and overall quality became a thing of the past. It's part of the reason why I turned to anime. Stories are better, the humor is typically cleaner, the art is more attractive and the quality is better overall. I'll agree with you on one thing though, I miss the hell out of some Looney Toons.

I'll give you Beavis and Butthead, but Ren and Stimpy had all the slapstick humor that made cartoons great in the first place. Only difference is R&S was meant to be an adult cartoon, so yeah it was a bit raunchy.

How can you honestly say the stories in Anime are better? The art is nice and that is about as far as it goes. It's the same redundant bullshit over and over. Granted there are a few that stand above the rest, but anyone that knows anything about animation will tell you that anime is utter crap. Not that he is a credible source, but ask GKtib. He and I are both animation majors.

redrumracer
11-19-2008, 02:38 PM
1. i posted above with my selection of things i wish to recreate, to which i would microwave babies to get back.

2. Your opinion no longer has any merit, you fail at life you worthless mouth breather......please end yourself
LOL its not my fault that I was out bowling while yalls lazy asses where glued to a tv set.

Ran
11-19-2008, 02:43 PM
How can you honestly say the storied in Anime are better? The art is nice and that is about as far as it goes. It's the same redundant bullshit over and over. Granted there are a few that stand above the rest, but anyone that knows anything about animaiton will tell you that anime is utter crap. Not that he is a credible source, but ask GKtib. He and I are both animation majors.The stories and animation quality in GOOD anime are head and shoulders above the crap you get here these days. People watch Cartoon Network and thing that's what anime is all about. It's not. Cartoon Network is nothing more than the same fluff that is catered towards young teen males. I f*cking hate Cartoon Network because of it. I've had similar discussions with GKtib and respect his opinion, but he's still living in the 1980's when America had decent animation. I'd like to get one good example of a Western animation that can run for 12-24 episodes and carry an actual storyline. Not the episodic crap that is played every afternoon when school lets out. Avatar would be a good example if it wasn't essentially an anime carbon copy. Sorry, but Western animation is dead unless you're talking about the 3D market.

If you want to see some quality anime with decent stories, then check out The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, 5 Centimeters Per Second, Air, Elfen Lied, Claymore, or Baccano!.

Sport1.3
11-19-2008, 02:50 PM
LOL its not my fault that I was out bowling while yalls lazy asses where glued to a tv set.

1. Bowling is the 3rd most homosexual sport known to man, behind men's synchronized diving, and Competitive Hotdog eating (ever wonder why they swallow the hotdog without the bun first?) disgusting

2. My cartoon viewing time was well before the normal hrs of play for any well parented adolescent. 5-7am Saturday mornings. You sir, were just a deprived youth.

Friggintitsman
11-19-2008, 02:51 PM
The stories and animation quality in GOOD anime are head and shoulders above the crap you get here these days. People watch Cartoon Network and thing that's what anime is all about. It's not. Cartoon Network is nothing more than the same fluff that is catered towards young teen males. I f*cking hate Cartoon Network because of it. I've had similar discussions with GKtib and respect his opinion, but he's still living in the 1980's when America had decent animation. Western animation is dead unless you're talking about the 3D market.

If you want to see some quality anime with decent stories, then check out The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, 5 Centimeters Per Second, Air, Elfen Lied, Claymore, or Baccano!.

Don't get me wrong I even own the classics. Ninja scroll, Vampire hunter D, Akira, Blood, Demon City, and Goldenboy. I'm also a fan of Miyazaki. I do hate the crap they put on Cartoon Network. If you really sit down and analyze the story of anime and see it from an animators point of view you would understand where I'm coming from. I have been searchin everywhere for one I haven't seen, but want to. It's called Grave of the Fireflies. I hear it's a real tear jerker and the story is awesome.

Maniacc
11-19-2008, 02:53 PM
I think the only good cartoon out there right now is the venture bros.

The Venture Brothers is the shit!

Ran
11-19-2008, 02:54 PM
Don't get me wrong I even own the classics. Ninja scroll, Vampire hunter D, Akira, Blood, Demon City, and Goldenboy. I'm also a fan of Miyazaki. I do hate the crap they put on Cartoon Network. If you really sit down and analyze the story of anime and see it from an animators point of view you would understand where I'm coming from. I have been searchin everywhere for one I haven't seen, but want to. It's called Grave of the Fireflies. I hear it's a real tear jerker and the story is awesome.The only argument I've ever seen from an animators POV is the way the mouth motions aren't lip-synched. To be honest, that's a pretty insignificant point IMO when the rest of the animation is of good quality, appealing to the eye, and compliments the story it's portraying.

Also, I have Grave of the Fireflies if you'd ever like to borrow it. It's pretty powerful, and there's not one happy moment in that entire f*cking movie.

P.S. - Goldenboy? Worst anime ever IMO. God that show is garbage.

redrumracer
11-19-2008, 03:09 PM
1. Bowling is the 3rd most homosexual sport known to man, behind men's synchronized diving, and Competitive Hotdog eating (ever wonder why they swallow the hotdog without the bun first?) disgusting

2. My cartoon viewing time was well before the normal hrs of play for any well parented adolescent. 5-7am Saturday mornings. You sir, were just a deprived youth.
WTF were you doing up that early? jesus christ man, and i was not deprived, it was still a well parented adolescence, hell i got a $2k scholarship out of my bowling and won several tournaments.

Sport1.3
11-19-2008, 03:17 PM
WTF were you doing up that early? jesus christ man, and i was not deprived, it was still a well parented adolescence, hell i got a $2k scholarship out of my bowling and won several tournaments.

I mean I have nothing against homosexuals :dunno:......well I do.....but I would never allow that to hinder my ability to interact with your kind.........well I mean I wouldn’t actually talk to you or shake your hand…or watch you kiss your boyfriend without wincing in disgust......but you get what im saying right?

GGPIS3
11-19-2008, 03:20 PM
i would have to bring back MARIJUANA!

i have heard that GW used to harvest his own crops at the white house. if marijuana was legalized, it would be a good step in finding new ways to produce more jobs and more money for the US. it would also probably help decrease crime. people would be too lazy to leave the house lol

Ran
11-19-2008, 03:24 PM
I mean I have nothing against homosexuals :dunno:......well I do.....but I would never allow that to hinder my ability to interact with your kind.........well I mean I wouldn’t actually talk to you or shake your hand…or watch you kiss your boyfriend without wincing in disgust......but you get what im saying right? :lmfao: :lmfao:

redrumracer
11-19-2008, 03:26 PM
I mean I have nothing against homosexuals :dunno:......well I do.....but I would never allow that to hinder my ability to interact with your kind.........well I mean I wouldn’t actually talk to you or shake your hand…or watch you kiss your boyfriend without wincing in disgust......but you get what im saying right?
if only i was a homosexual that might have had some merit. but since im not, you fail

ironchef
11-19-2008, 03:26 PM
Bring back this badass...

http://www.arizonacivilwar.com/assets/images/Abe_Lincoln.jpg

He got shit done!

bigdare23
11-19-2008, 03:28 PM

People's honor and integrity. I think our society as a whole, lack moral fiber in general. What ever happened to helping your community? I understand that our country has a rather dark past. When I hear from older folks about the way things use to be. It kind of make me believe I was born in the wrong time. Politicians that actually stood for the things they believe in. Warriors that once stood fought for our country, instead of actors and CIA members and son's of CIA members.

QFT

Sport1.3
11-19-2008, 03:34 PM
if only i was a homosexual that might have had some merit. but since im not, you fail

denial............its the first stage

redrumracer
11-19-2008, 03:41 PM
denial............its the first stage
lolol your the one with the queer dino in your avatar. faggot.

OneSlow5pt0
11-19-2008, 03:46 PM
Angery Beavers and 80s sports car styling

1439/2000
11-19-2008, 03:48 PM
firing squads

Sport1.3
11-19-2008, 03:59 PM
lolol your the one with the queer dino in your avatar. faggot.

You're fighting a losing battle son, well on your way to contracting full blown AIDS.....if there was ever a time to "pull out," of your boyfriend the time is now.

- this message approved by Barrack Obama

TheGodfather
11-19-2008, 04:25 PM
Women not being allowed to vote.

They've fucked up too much, take that shit away.

EJ25RUN
11-19-2008, 04:40 PM
Two Stroke Motorcycles
http://www.bikesetup.com/schwantz91d.jpg

World Sports car Championship
http://www.lugnutsracing.com/files/lemans956.jpg

Kasper
11-19-2008, 05:18 PM
carperal punishment! Cause theres way to many bad ass kids and violence in the world! and when that was around crime was WAY down!!

dohc4.6sc
11-19-2008, 05:54 PM
carperal punishment! Cause theres way to many bad ass kids and violence in the world! and when that was around crime was WAY down!!

Old schooling systems.

DeeAOne
11-19-2008, 05:55 PM
slavery!

redrumracer
11-19-2008, 06:09 PM
slavery!

QF(coming from a black guy)

Friggintitsman
11-19-2008, 06:10 PM
Women need to get back in the kitchen.

Sam C.
11-20-2008, 01:32 PM
On the cartoon tip, Animaniacs was BA.

DrivenMind
11-20-2008, 01:35 PM
Cars that weighed less than 4000lbs.

Magnus213
11-20-2008, 02:05 PM
Old schooling systems.
Beat me to it. If we can't bring back parents that know how to raise normal, decent kids, we need to bring back physical punishment in schools.

The inflated sense of self-worth in people these days is ridiculous.

Imadaman
11-21-2008, 08:40 AM
80's hair,Music,and lifestyle.

VooDooXII
11-21-2008, 09:34 AM
A flourishing American automobile industry.

:D

Angery Beavers and 80s sports car styling

Every 80s sports car looked the damn same. Fast back, long slanted hood, and flip up lights.

Honda Prelude, Nissan 240SX, Pontiac Firebird, Porsche 944, Mazda RX7, Toyota Supra...I bet there are more. Wasn't a bad look though.

civic95
11-21-2008, 11:03 AM
The plague! Too many people in this world.

On_Her_Face
11-21-2008, 11:13 AM
bring back the late 60s and everything about it (maining 66-69)

Me86Rob
11-21-2008, 02:08 PM
QD's old Neon :ninja:
no rly lololol
http://i33.tinypic.com/2pzf8m9.jpg
http://i35.tinypic.com/20uanlv.jpg

XLR8NMR2
11-21-2008, 02:23 PM
http://elblogdeljugon.com/wp-content/uploads/SegaGameGear.jpg

Because i haven't played one in like 10 years

KPowerEP3
11-21-2008, 02:51 PM
I'd say mandatory public executions ala Salem Witch Trials. Seriously, if you make people see the consequences of their actions rather than just saying "you're going to jail", I think we'd be a lot better off as a society in general. Any crook knows that sure, they may go to jail, but to to today's flawed status quo in the judicial system, they'll get out early...and go right back to robbing people for crack rock and buttsecks.

Nomad!
11-21-2008, 03:50 PM
Midget tossing because tossing midgets is fun