PDA

View Full Version : Are you going to cut back spending on christmas?

4dmin
11-19-2008, 12:42 PM
Are you going to cut back spending on Christmas?

I personal will probably be spending more this year, we have more money and are in a position to afford to spend more. This doesn't mean I will go in debt for it but we will spend what we can.

B18c1Turboed
11-19-2008, 12:44 PM
Nope, I gotta alot of shit im buying myself!!!

4dmin
11-19-2008, 12:45 PM
Nope, I gotta alot of shit im buying myself!!!

lol me too shit never ends.

Killer
11-19-2008, 01:08 PM
... i'm not sure... i may end up in fl for christmas... as far as spending goes... i'll prolly spend the same i do every month on just the basics... gift wise... i'm not buying for that many people this year... so... idk...

AlanŽ
11-19-2008, 01:10 PM
I'll prolly spend about the same. Maybe a little more cause I plan on adding a couple of people to my list this year but we will see.

alpine_aw11
11-19-2008, 01:19 PM
Spending more....getting my brother/sister more expensive things. And then there's the woman...imma be straight broke.

AirMax95
11-19-2008, 01:20 PM
I am spending about the same this year as I did previous years. Not due to the economy, rather because I am spending on the same people.

Evolunchbox
11-19-2008, 01:54 PM
I'll most likely give my niece and nephews cash for savings and that's it. No GF this Christmas so my Saks charge will be semi-safe... other than that I will be cutting back and paying for the Evo to be fixed. Scary times, just happy to be alive and healthy.

Friggintitsman
11-19-2008, 02:02 PM
I do design work so it's east to just make cool things for my folks on the computer. They are happy just being acknowledged that they are alive.

My daughter and girlfriend get all my money. l

Princess12
11-19-2008, 06:29 PM
Definitely a little less this year... baby due on December 10th... unpaid maternity leave...

quickdodgeŽ
11-19-2008, 06:44 PM
I personal will probably be spending more this year, we have more money and are in a position to afford to spend more. This doesn't mean I will go in debt for it but we will spend what we can.

Same spot as you, homey. I make double this year what I made last year and am in a great position to spend much more. Later, QD.

AlanŽ
11-19-2008, 06:48 PM
I will say this. With the economy in the tubes and everything else. I am glad to be in college right now and not out trying to fend for myself. By the time I get out the Economy will be on the upswing and it will be a great time to be getting out of college.

stephanie
11-19-2008, 07:11 PM
last year sucked bad for me and the kids.. this year i plan on going all out.
i have been working through almost all my lunch breaks for the past few months...not to mention working while sick.

redrumracer
11-19-2008, 07:15 PM
i will spend the same as before. its not the price that matters but the happiness of my family. and im being honest no bs there.

Kevykev
11-19-2008, 07:23 PM
don't spend much on presents, but we'll be hosting dinner at my new house so I guess it'll be spent on that.

Echonova
11-19-2008, 09:31 PM
Much less than last year, with 30k in medical bills because some guy ran a stop sign and hit my wife and kids and his insurance refuses to pay... 500/month in medical bills isn't leaving me a lot of free cash for the meantime. We'll still have a great Christmas none the less, but not as extravagant as years past. I refuse to go into debt for a holiday.

alpine_aw11
11-19-2008, 10:17 PM
Much less than last year, with 30k in medical bills because some guy ran a stop sign and hit my wife and kids and his insurance refuses to pay... 500/month in medical bills isn't leaving me a lot of free cash for the meantime. We'll still have a great Christmas none the less, but not as extravagant as years past. I refuse to go into debt for a holiday.

That sucks man....sorry to hear that.

Echonova
11-19-2008, 10:29 PM
That sucks man....sorry to hear that.'Preicate it. But it's all good, the lawsuit is a slam dunk. We're not looking to "turn this wreck into a check" but just getting the bills taken care of will return life to normal. That's all we really want. Besides, Christmas isn't about the presents right???:D

It's about the presents.:(

AlanŽ
11-19-2008, 10:40 PM
'Preicate it. But it's all good, the lawsuit is a slam dunk. We're not looking to "turn this wreck into a check" but just getting the bills taken care of will return life to normal. That's all we really want. Besides, Christmas isn't about the presents right???:D

It's about the presents.:(
That sucks man. But it's good to knows that there are people that aren't looking to take advantage of a cituation even though they could.

blazin'
11-20-2008, 07:35 PM
I'm spending about the same, even though I have less money this year, but I'm shopping for the same people as last year.

FasTech
11-20-2008, 08:27 PM
I'll buy my parents and grandparents a gift like every other year and my good friends something as always. So I'll be probably spending about the same. Even with things being more expensive, the gifts I've planned to get are about the same as last year.

SlowsterCivy
11-20-2008, 08:44 PM
Won't be spending a lot. Wedding planning going on. :)