PDA

View Full Version : Help Car trouble.

redrumracer
11-19-2008, 12:04 PM
Ok so I have a 99 Miata with virtually no mods, the only "mod" it has is the over clocked ecu and the cat has been hollowed out.

Ok on with the problem, it just started today about an hour ago. When I go to give it almost any amount of gas it wants to cut out. I replaced the plugs, fuel filter about a year ago and i just replaced the fuel pump like 4 months ago. If I slowly give it gas it will rev up but any abrupt throttle increase and it cuts out, not stumbles but just cuts out. Also when I go to start it it wants to stumble when starting. It idles kinda high at first but then it will go down to a normal idle and sit there perfectly.

Any ideas?

Barefoot
11-19-2008, 03:25 PM
check your o2 sensors, injectors, fuel filter

AnthonyF
11-19-2008, 03:40 PM
So...your saying it will idle, but once you accelerate it will bog VERY badly or just cut the fuk off? lol.

Sounds like symptoms of a MAF. Can't tell too much w/o the car or more symptoms.

-Ant.

redrumracer
11-19-2008, 03:58 PM
So...your saying it will idle, but once you accelerate it will bog VERY badly or just cut the fuk off? lol.

Sounds like symptoms of a MAF. Can't tell too much w/o the car or more symptoms.

-Ant.
the motor would STOP until i let off the gas if i continued to hold the pedal the rpms would go to 0, but if i let off it would "jump start" it self back on

and for some reason it stopped out of the middle of nowhere.

EDIT: by stopped i mean it started running right

and i unplugged the maf cause i thought of that and it changed the way the motor was running.

and when cranking i could smell fuel. on person said something was causing it to flood, but that doesnt really make sense cause over clocking the ecu makes it lean out a lil bit.

Catnip
11-19-2008, 04:22 PM
sounds sorta like my car... YOUR CAR CAUGHT DA AIDS.

JBizzlebone
11-19-2008, 04:23 PM
TPS is probably broke and is staying in the closed position, hence it idling fine. You could try and take your TPS off and see if the lever still has tension on it. If not and it just flops around, replace it.

redrumracer
11-19-2008, 04:29 PM
sounds sorta like my car... YOUR CAR CAUGHT DA AIDS.
except its not 2 stepping, its just dying.

Elbow
11-19-2008, 08:54 PM
Clean the MAF.