PDA

View Full Version : need emissions hookup.

neverenough
11-18-2008, 04:40 PM
Title explains.

Please PM.

Needed within the week.

TIA!

quickdodgeŽ
11-18-2008, 05:22 PM
Here's your hook-ups, genius:

www.pepboys.com
www.autozone.com
www.advanceautoparts.com
www.napa.com
www.oreillyauto.com

Go to any of those places and tell them QD sent you. Tell them what you need to pass emissions and they will be glad to get you the parts you need so that you can get it done and get back on the road.

You can thank me later. Later, QD.

Mr.Big
11-18-2008, 05:41 PM
Your best bet is to found and know the right people

neverenough
11-18-2008, 05:50 PM
Here's your hook-ups, genius:

www.pepboys.com (http://www.pepboys.com/)
www.autozone.com (http://www.autozone.com/)
www.advanceautoparts.com (http://www.advanceautoparts.com/)
www.napa.com (http://www.napa.com/)
www.oreillyauto.com (http://www.oreillyauto.com/)

Go to any of those places and tell them QD sent you. Tell them what you need to pass emissions and they will be glad to get you the parts you need so that you can get it done and get back on the road.

You can thank me later. Later, QD.

thank you SO much.

I am still in awe of your knowledge: )

Nismo
11-18-2008, 05:54 PM
thank you SO much.

I am still in awe of your knowledge: )

For being an expert, you sure are dumb.

neverenough
11-18-2008, 06:06 PM
LOL!

Nice one.

Look guys, I'm not here to get flamed out.

I need what I need, simple as that.

BASICALLY, two years ago, when I still lived in VA (car still registered there) I flooded my engine with water through my CAI. This caused my MAS to short. It is now sending a bad signal. There is NOTHING wrong with it, therefore I do not want to get it replaced for $300+ just to be able to pass a damn emissions test.

I need someone to help me with this, simple as that. Please no BS, just need this taken care of.

TIA

quickdodgeŽ
11-18-2008, 06:26 PM
Please no BS, just need this taken care of.

There is no BS. Go fix your car. Go get your emissions done and that's that. Don't fuck around and get it done. It's no one's fault but your own your car got fucked up. So go take care of it. Besides, you have to be a real dumbass to post this shit on a public board that is known to have patrolling. Later, QD.

Turbo04
11-18-2008, 06:26 PM
This caused my MAS to short. It is now sending a bad signal. There is NOTHING wrong with it, therefore I do not want to get it replaced for $300+ just to be able to pass a damn emissions test

Maybe things are different where you used to live but if it's sending a bad signal.....that means it's not working and there IS something wrong with it. :goodjob:

I could be wrong...... :thinking:

On top of that....any idea what the cost would be for emissions fraud? I bet a little more the 300.00 stop being a douche and just fix it.

quickdodgeŽ
11-18-2008, 06:29 PM
On top of that....any idea what the cost would be for emissions fraud? I bet a little more the 300.00 stop being a douche and just fix it.

Yup. Later, QD.

Nismo
11-18-2008, 06:29 PM
OWND. Fix it lazy ass and quit being cheap. Goto the junkyard and buy a MAF from what ever honda or mitsubishi it is that you broke.

neverenough
11-18-2008, 06:39 PM
OWND. Fix it lazy ass and quit being cheap. Goto the junkyard and buy a MAF from what ever honda or mitsubishi it is that you broke.

WOW. Thanks for the help everyone!

It has nothing to do with being cheap. The car passes EVERYTHING except for the fact that the damn Servce Engine light is on.

The way I see it, all I'm trying to do is save a few bucks by paying someone to pass it. It's not like I'm driving a beater that smokes down the highway. I just think it's rediculous that the state requires me to buy a $400 part to pass a test that I'm already passing just because my damn light is on.

I don't see the issue...

Ed
11-18-2008, 06:44 PM
When a CEL is on it usually means there is a problem. So obviously it doesn't pass everything.

Back on topic, I don't have a hook up for you.

neverenough
11-18-2008, 06:45 PM
Okay, so does anyone know where I can go get a MAS for a 2003 Eclipse for less than $400 cause that's the cheapest I've ever found.

Nismo
11-18-2008, 06:46 PM
WOW. Thanks for the help everyone!

It has nothing to do with being cheap. The car passes EVERYTHING except for the fact that the damn Servce Engine light is on.

The way I see it, all I'm trying to do is save a few bucks by paying someone to pass it. It's not like I'm driving a beater that smokes down the highway. I just think it's rediculous that the state requires me to buy a $200 part to pass a test that I'm already passing just because my damn light is on.

I don't see the issue...

I see your logic, but your still full of fail.

Ed
11-18-2008, 06:47 PM
Okay, so does anyone know where I can go get a MAS for a 2003 Eclipse for less than $400 cause that's the cheapest I've ever found.

You will need to get it fixed eventually, because next year guess what? You will have to pass emissions again.

IF by any chance you find someone that will pass you, they won't charge you anything less than $200.

So in two years, you will have paid your MAS.

Do you see where I'm going with this?

quickdodgeŽ
11-18-2008, 06:48 PM
It has nothing to do with being cheap.

It has EVERYTHING to do with being cheap. If it didn't this post would be nonexistent, you would have a good, working part on your car and you'd pass emissions.

The way I see it, all I'm trying to do is save a few bucks by paying someone to pass it.

I thought this had nothing to do with being cheap? So you're willing to risk your own freedom and money and the freedom and much more money (of the shop) so you can save some money?

I just think it's rediculous that the state requires me to buy a $200 part to pass a test that I'm already passing just because my damn light is on.

I think it's ridiculous that we can't go over 70 mph on the freeway legally. But that doesn't mean I can do it legally. And is your part $400, $300 or $200? You need to make up your mind on how cheap you're being.

I don't see the issue...

Then you don't need a car. or a driver's license for that matter. Later, QD.

neverenough
11-18-2008, 06:58 PM
Jesus GOD in heaven, do you all really have nothing better to do?

Sorry that this is apparently such a sensitive subject.

I see where you're coming from, QD.

I have ZERO issue fixing the car and getting it on the road.

The ISSUE, is that I have a court date on December 11th because I got pulled over for an expired tag. I need to get the tags on it BEFORE then so that it can get dismissed.

I just figured that since my car is FINE and all I need is some superficial part because of a stupid ass light and nothing else that I would throw someone some cash and get it taken care of instead of buying several HUNDRED dollars worth of part that has NOTHING to do with the emissions test itself.

Thanks for the flaming though. I find it slightly funny.

Now, any tips on where to look for a MAS for a 2003 Eclipse?

thanks.

quickdodgeŽ
11-18-2008, 07:06 PM
Jesus GOD in heaven, [/qute]

First off, let's get one thing straight. NEVER, NEVER use my government name again. Only my close friends call me by my real name.

[QUOTE=neverenough]Sorry that this is apparently such a sensitive subject.

Motherfucker are you for real?!?!?!? Of course it's fucking sensitive. This is a fucking major illegal job you're fucking typing out on a fucking public message board. Are you really this stupid or is it just an act??

The ISSUE, is that I have a court date on December 11th because I got pulled over for an expired tag. I need to get the tags on it BEFORE then so that it can get dismissed.

Then fix the fucking car.

I just figured that since my car is FINE and all I need is some superficial part because of a stupid ass light and nothing else that I would throw someone some cash and get it taken care of instead of buying several HUNDRED dollars worth of part that has NOTHING to do with the emissions test itself.

If your car was fine you wouldn't have this problem. You're going to pay more than several hundred dollars to the court system if you were to get caught. And spend some time locked up. Is it worth it?

My last words on this. You're a goddamn idiot who has no business coming up with any thoughts on your own. You need to hire a fucking person who's specialty it is to think. And think rationally and logically. You have all your shit twisted and screwed on backwards and you're going to be in for a world of shit when it comes apart.

And it will.

Goddamn and I wanted so bad to get away from this E-thugging shit, but damn!

Later, QD.

X-Runner
11-18-2008, 07:06 PM
You can pass with the light on if there truely is nothing wrong with your car... Ive done it. No hook up either. But like everyone else has said, go buy the part and stop being cheap.

neverenough
11-18-2008, 07:08 PM
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO GET A MAS FOR LESS THAN SEVERAL HUNDRED DOLLARS?

neverenough
11-18-2008, 07:11 PM
DUDE. Calm down.

I DIDN'T REALIZE THAT IT WAS THAT SERIOUS!!!!!!!!

In VA it's like $50 for inspection fraud, most of the time a slap on the wrist.

I DID NOT KNOW. SO SHOOT ME!

NOW, all I need is some info on good junk yards where I can find a MAS cheaper than the $700 it is from the dealer!

THAT'S ALL I NEED AT THIS POINT! No more HOOKUP required.

And watch your mouth when you're talking to me. Sorry, had to say it.

neverenough
11-18-2008, 07:12 PM
btw, in case any one was interested, there's a difference between being cheap and being thrifty.

Why spend $$$$ on a part if you can get it for $?

Seems like common sense to me.

Nismo
11-18-2008, 07:13 PM
DUDE. Calm down.

I DIDN'T REALIZE THAT IT WAS THAT SERIOUS!!!!!!!!

In VA it's like $50 for inspection fraud, most of the time a slap on the wrist.

I DID NOT KNOW. SO SHOOT ME!

NOW, all I need is some info on good junk yards where I can find a MAS cheaper than the $700 it is from the dealer!

THAT'S ALL I NEED AT THIS POINT! No more HOOKUP required.

Quit contradicting your self. You just said it was 300 earlier in the post. What kind of vehicle is it off of.

X-Runner
11-18-2008, 07:14 PM
btw, in case any one was interested, there's a difference between being cheap and being thrifty.

Why spend $$$$ on a part if you can get it for $?

Seems like common sense to me.

You're being cheap by wanting a "hook up" on the test vs. buy the proper parts.

X-Runner
11-18-2008, 07:15 PM

Did you really just say that? :lmao:

Nismo
11-18-2008, 07:16 PM
http://shop.ebay.com:80/items/_W0QQ_dmptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessor ies?_nkw=Eclipse+MASS+AIR&_sacat=0&_fromfsb=&_trksid=m270.l1313&_odkw=2003+MASS+AIR&_osacat=0

Theres one on there for 125 dollars.

primespark22
11-18-2008, 07:24 PM
oh snap let it rip QD

quickdodgeŽ
11-18-2008, 08:04 PM

Fuck you. Not sorry at all I said that. Later, QD.

collins
11-18-2008, 08:21 PM
Why don't u just pull the light bulb out :ninja:

Jesus GOD in heaven, do you all really have nothing better to do?

Sorry that this is apparently such a sensitive subject.

I see where you're coming from, QD
I have ZERO issue fixing the car and getting it on the road.

Thanks for the flaming though. I find it slightly funny.

Now, any tips on where to look for a MAS for a 2003 Eclipse?

thanks.

G.C
11-18-2008, 08:26 PM
Just close this dam thread.

DirtyMechanic
11-18-2008, 09:24 PM
I believe its a min 10,000 fine and 30 days in jail. I think that is... soo why dont you swap with a buddy on one of your DSM boards. reset the light and get your emissions... then swap back to YOUR BAD MAF!!!...

if the light is on, it usually means you have a problem... so reset it then if it comes back.... "hey look i have a problem." then fix the damn thing...

jfman
11-18-2008, 09:52 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GALANT-ECLIPSE-MONTERO-SEBRING-MASS-AIR-FLOW-SENSOR-MAF_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33557QQihZ009QQitem Z190266759809QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW