PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods Oil pressure light wtf?

jdm>usdm
11-17-2008, 08:36 PM
So I was driving along the interstate for a good 15min or so. just normal driving, nothing too crazy. as I get off at my exit, I look down at my gauge cluster and to my surprise my oil pressure light is blinking at me. So Im like wtf? I checked my oil the other day, and it was fine. so anyways i went as easy as i could on it to get it home, which was just a couple of miles off of the exit. so i park it and let it sit for a couple of hours. then I checked my oil level just to be sure i wasnt absurdly low, and i wasnt. it was right were it should be. so i start it up and let it idle for a good 20 min. got it completely warmed up, but no oil light. i then drove it down the road a couple miles, and still no light.

The motor is pretty fresh, been rebuilt just recently. so i dont know why my pressure would be low. Never had a problem with it before.

its a 94 ls integra. stock insides with just a little boost.
Any ideas or opinions about whats up?

BTEC
11-17-2008, 08:44 PM
when mine blinked like that, the bolts on the back of my oil pump had started backing out. but it blinked for like 10 mins on and off til it got all the way warm. if it keeps doing it i would do a manual oil pressure test to make sure im not messing up my engine.

jdm>usdm
11-17-2008, 09:05 PM
Hopefully its not coming loose. dont feel like getting in there to tightin it back up. but you gotta do what you gotta do i suppose. maybe the light will just go away and make me happy.lol

thanks

BTEC
11-17-2008, 09:18 PM
Hopefully its not coming loose. dont feel like getting in there to tightin it back up. but you gotta do what you gotta do i suppose. maybe the light will just go away and make me happy.lol

thanks
if they are loose, ur gonna have to take the oil pump off. might as well get a new one in that case. But yeah, just make sure the light comes on when u turn the key on and it goes off and stays off when u start it. other wise running it is....you know. good luck and dnt neglect it like i did.

jdm>usdm
11-17-2008, 09:31 PM
if they are loose, ur gonna have to take the oil pump off. might as well get a new one in that case. But yeah, just make sure the light comes on when u turn the key on and it goes off and stays off when u start it. other wise running it is....you know. good luck and dnt neglect it like i did.

Yeah it comes on when the key is first turned and then goes off when its supposed to. Thanks for the wise words of experience. hopefully nothing will fuck up as result of this. i am a little worried though

FasTech
11-18-2008, 01:18 AM
That sucks man... Hope you get it fixed!