PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes I just dont understand..

Julio
11-17-2008, 07:27 PM
I read and hear so much about economy struggling right, but still.. I see the Mall of GA packed..... Not sure if people are shopping or window shopping.

I've been doing alot of window shopping myself lately.. just killing time and shit.. and honestly Im scared to blow money away right now.. But I see people with bags left and right..

I'm on the rds/hwy still see alot of traffic, especially on the weekends.....

I'm in the retail business and Havent seen anything out of the Norm on sales dropping or anything...

Some of the business going out of Buis are mostly the ones that are known for bad service/rip off...

What are other people seing? I know lately we havent signed up any new advertisers on IA.. so thats taking a hit.. But , I still see people spending...

Believe me, I see this and wish It continues, But I hope our country gets it together and help those that can't really spend shit due to business going down or job lost...

Are other people seing this?

I mean, I took a dive at the beggining of the year and im still trying to get it together.. But now this whole mess got me thinking..

I'm a bit confused...

Ed
11-17-2008, 07:30 PM
I was thinking the same thing the other day... we are struggling so bad, but i know people with two nice brand new cars, one built, one for DD.

Then there are others modding their cars to hell.

Then the malls are always packed.

Could be that it's close to Xmas season.

I dont know.

Mr.DA9
11-17-2008, 07:31 PM
This weekend i went to kentucky..the town has so little population..but the fucking mall was PACKED. I mean people EVERYWHERE im like holy shit. The mall is small too. You walk in like Hollister or A.e..The GA mall is 5 times bigger than this mall..but in the hollister and A.e stores there is like 40 people in it. im like wtf. lol..and everyone in the mall had a bag in their hand..lol

Da_unknown
11-17-2008, 07:31 PM
i feel the same way...

green91
11-17-2008, 07:32 PM
Be glad man, we need people spending to keep money circulating to help end this situation. As for me, lol im saving my cash.

Shawna
11-17-2008, 07:38 PM
i will be the first person to say i am rather jealous of the ppl that are going out and buying whatever they want/need. I had to break down last week and finally buy a jacket b/c its gotten so cold and my roommate had taken mine and cant find it. I have enough money to pay my bills right now and that is all

Double_0_Rusty
11-17-2008, 07:38 PM
I work at a Chevrolet dealership, and while ours sales department has went way down, we in the shop have carried the place on our backs for 2 months now. We have gained soooo much more business, and thank God for all of our fleet contacts with like 20-30 trucks for each contact. So, yeah we have gained more business.

Whiteboy572
11-17-2008, 07:39 PM
I work at Toyota in athens and about a month or so from the elections were held it started to plummit, but its definatly slower than the beggining of the year. It seems to have settled out a little, but its still slower than i would like it. With GM, Chrysler, etc going bankrupt im glad i planned ahead and went to college for a better automaker. :goodjob:

Only thing is, when Gm, etc goes bankrupt, if that happens, who will work on their broken cars??? Toyota/BMW/Honda???

green91
11-17-2008, 07:41 PM
I work at Toyota in athens and about a month or so from the elections were held it started to plummit, but its definatly slower than the beggining of the year. It seems to have settled out a little, but its still slower than i would like it. With GM, Chrysler, etc going bankrupt im glad i planned ahead and went to college for a better automaker. :goodjob:

Only thing is, when Gm, etc goes bankrupt, if that happens, who will work on their broken cars??? Toyota/BMW/Honda???

So you work with shane?

Brett
11-17-2008, 07:42 PM
Yeah the outlet mall in Dawsonville this weekend had NO SPOTS open, I was saying to DP the same thing about how they say sales will be down this year and the economy sucks but yet every store we walked into this weekend was packed.

Whiteboy572
11-17-2008, 07:43 PM
So you work with shane?

Yeh, his box backs up to mine :D

How do you know him?

green91
11-17-2008, 07:44 PM
I work at MMT in gainesville, used to work with him

Double_0_Rusty
11-17-2008, 07:44 PM

I have no clue what's going to happen with our dealership, but as I said above, our shop has carried the place for 2 months now. Hell, if we close I have my grading/landscaping company to fall on. OR, start my own shop. Only for GM vehicles lolol. Fuck cross-brand training.

Whiteboy572
11-17-2008, 07:45 PM
I have no clue what's going to happen with our dealership, but as I said above, our shop has carried the place for 2 months now. Hell, if we close I have my grading/landscaping company to fall on. OR, start my own shop. Only for GM vehicles lolol. Fuck cross-brand training.

Hell yeh, ill give you $50 to work on my vette :D

Whiteboy572
11-17-2008, 07:45 PM
I work at MMT in gainesville, used to work with him

Did he have the white fox saleen back then?

green91
11-17-2008, 07:47 PM
Well i think he traded that one for the green saleen before i started working with him.

Double_0_Rusty
11-17-2008, 07:47 PM
Hell yeh, ill give you $50 to work on my vette :D

hmmmmmm what would I be doing to it? and the pay rate is 75 an hour;) :D

Whiteboy572
11-17-2008, 07:49 PM
Well i think he traded that one for the green saleen before i started working with him.

Yeh, you probly know the one im talking about then. Vortech s/c, etc.. He was looking at the vette that i bought, but i got to it first. Plus i went to h/s with the guy selling the vette.

Elbow
If you have money you have money, you plan for things like this if you are smart, and you can still shop and all. Hell exotic car sales aren't bad at all right now.

Whiteboy572
hmmmmmm what would I be doing to it? and the pay rate is 75 an hour;) :D

$100 for a heads and cam install :goodjob: :taun:

green91
11-17-2008, 07:50 PM
Yea shanes not to bad of a guy. I considered putting in a app with you guys a while back but never did it

Whiteboy572
11-17-2008, 07:51 PM
If you have money you have money, you plan for things like this if you are smart, and you can still shop and all. Hell exotic car sales aren't bad at all right now.

Thank you captain obvious! :gay:

Whiteboy572
11-17-2008, 07:53 PM
Yea shanes not to bad of a guy. I considered putting in a app with you guys a while back but never did it

Dang, small world.. He was right beside me when i came to athens from toyota mall then he switch teams and moved around and now im where he use to be and he is directly across from me. He got a new state patrol black fox too, it looks nice! It was an undercover car so it didnt have holes and sh!t from the light bars, etc..

blaknoize
11-17-2008, 07:54 PM
Georgia is growing... people have money that generally relocate down there. The place is on fire. Though the economy is down, that part of GA isnt affected as much as the rest of ur state or most of the country. U should see the malls around here... Usually empty, or nearly so.

green91
11-17-2008, 07:54 PM
Oh really who did you work with at mall lol. I know alot of guys from there. I came to MMT after working at atlanta toyota for a while.

Double_0_Rusty
11-17-2008, 07:57 PM
$100 for a heads and cam install :goodjob: :taun:

Throw in a hot hooker, and we has a deal, my friend.;)

:ninja:

Whiteboy572
11-17-2008, 07:58 PM
Oh really who did you work with at mall lol. I know alot of guys from there. I came to MMT after working at atlanta toyota for a while.

KC, jeremy, CRACK HEAD Ruby, parvin, bruce, clayton, paul, russ, balls and so on.. I was there for a year while i was going through tten and then got fed up and left.

green91
11-17-2008, 07:59 PM
OH really what year did you go through t-ten LOL. i was there through 04-05 at gwinnett tech. i know clayton, and know aaron real well.

BABY J
11-17-2008, 08:00 PM
The news is almost the worse source of credible information. I've mentioned "the machine" quite a bit - all of that comes from my experience working at Cheyenne Mountain.

15 years ago the news was the news - it wasn't biased, it didn't care if you were right or left wing - it was people telling a story of what happened. TODAY, the news tries to compete w/ sitcoms and regular programming - it is a RATINGS game and nothing more. You have to be able to read between the lines on what is being put on your TV screen and use your OWN head. The economy isn't great -- but it's not the Great Depressiopn by any means. I think that rather than bailout industries - we get back to the strong survive mentality --- we are the most adaptable beings on the planet and gov in whole is not showing that (altho not bailing out the auto industry is showing me that we are at least getting a clue --- FUCK unions, esp the UAW). I could go on. People are still gonna wait in line for $4/gallon gas - and they are gonna PAY their hard earned money for it... Georgia proved that. We are just gonna choose our trips better/smarter. People are STILL gonna xmas shop - they are just gonna make smarter buys. I LOVE this shit, it forces a world chock full of idiots to get smarter or FAIL - get more education to get better jobs or FAIL.... make sound LIFE decisions or FAIL. We need it.

/rant

Whiteboy572
11-17-2008, 08:04 PM
OH really what year did you go through t-ten LOL. i was there through 04-05 at gwinnett tech. i know clayton, and know aaron real well.

I went 06-07 to tten. Hell i probly know you? So did you have larry as a teacher too? I drove a black turbo grand am when i worked there.

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/2/web/2414000-2414999/2414757_22_full.jpg?510217-303

stephanie
11-17-2008, 08:06 PM
thats why i didnt go balls to the wall with a brand new 09 accord....i sure was looking at it. the economy is not stable right now, and i am going to be careful.
i hear the two girls at work talking about running up their credit cards. (bankrupcy in a year i am guessing with those habits)...the only thing i have financed is my car, and my furniture.
and i am paying my friend payments for a pioneer djm600 mixer. i have 360 left to pay on it.
plus christmas is coming up. i am going to start buying things here and there. i hate dealing with all the retail bullshit during the holidays.

green91
11-17-2008, 08:07 PM
Ah youre a little younger than me, I think i may have heard abour your car but i dont think we've met. Yep i had larry, hes a good guy.

Whiteboy572
11-17-2008, 08:11 PM
Ah youre a little younger than me, I think i may have heard abour your car but i dont think we've met. Yep i had larry, hes a good guy.

Larry is the MAN. I still email him and he will come by work to see about some of the people currently in tten. He tried to get me to move to hennessy lexus a while back and i didnt cause of the drive, but now i kinda regret not doing it. Lexus is where the money is :goodjob:

Were having a meet tom at beefs in winder if you feel like making the trip. I know balls, jonny a, and some more people usually come out. Im taking my electrical ASE tom afternoon so ill be a little late. :cheers:

You heard about parvins 7m supra/celica and a special someones red bmw racing didnt you? :ninja: :lmfao:

green91
11-17-2008, 08:15 PM
I may look into it later, but i should be at the gainesville meet wed night, we usually have a pretty decent turnout.

Electrical ASE was a piece of cake man, it was one of the easiest of them for me. Just make sure you know parallel/series resistance calculations and know how to read the symbols & diagrams (grounds, led, potentiometer, headlight switch diagrams) etc and should ace it. Hell ive been a master for about 3 years now lol.

green91
11-17-2008, 08:16 PM
You heard about parvins 7m supra/celica and a special someones red bmw racing didnt you? :ninja: :lmfao:

No i didnt.. ive met him a couple of times though, chris is a smart guy. Hes good friends with another guy i used to work with. they are both 7m fanatics lol.

Whiteboy572
11-17-2008, 08:16 PM
I may look into it later, but i should be at the gainesville meet wed night, we usually have a pretty decent turnout.

Electrical ASE was a piece of cake man, it was one of the easiest of them for me. Just make sure you know parallel/series resistance calculations and know how to read the symbols & diagrams (grounds, led, potentiometer, headlight switch diagrams) etc and should ace it. Hell ive been a master for about 3 years now lol.

Yeh, im VERY comfortable with it. Ive already been to Jax for training :goodjob:

Cool, ill have to come out wed. since im not doing anything. Where do yall meet?

Whiteboy572
11-17-2008, 08:19 PM
No i didnt.. ive met him a couple of times though, chris is a smart guy. Hes good friends with another guy i used to work with. they are both 7m fanatics lol.

Yeh, parvin had a degree in pharmasutical and built some of the AAP supras :goodjob:

I hung around him a lot and call him every once in a while. Hes in colorado welding gas lines and making that $$$$$!

Jimmy B
11-17-2008, 09:29 PM
BACK ON TRACK,..

Yea, i see peopel buying stuff all the time, some people can, others cant, thats that. Myself runnign a buisness, yea, im sure that i have lost a few sales to the economy, but i amd still selling skates like normal. We will see after my first big expo of the season over thanksgiving. I hope that everything is normal and i still sell stuff, for my bills sake! LOL

PS, i agree with the media hyping the economy worse than it really is..

BTEC
11-17-2008, 09:34 PM
the economy is struggling? ive built 2 cars this year and bout to start on my 3rd. i mean they arent like skylines or anything but still. its against my religion to participate in any situation that involes not making money. :dunno:

alpine_aw11
11-17-2008, 09:46 PM
Well the broke people aren't going to be the ones walking around the mall.....

You can't always see the signs of a struggling economy on the street, but we are having problems. You just have to know people who are dealing with economic problems to really see it.

BABY J
11-17-2008, 09:54 PM
I'm sorry - any1 with a brain can keep/find a job - I fail to see the excuses that people are making.

alpine_aw11
11-17-2008, 09:56 PM
I'm sorry - any1 with a brain can keep/find a job - I fail to see the excuses that people are making.

In a good economy, I completely agree. But a lot of people are getting laid off, and budgets are getting tighter for a lot of places. It just depends on your area of work. Some people, however, take the fact that our economy is struggling and use it as an excuse to sit on their asses and do jack shit but bitch and moan.

BTEC
11-17-2008, 09:58 PM
dnt say things that u might end up regretting. im sure the 12 ppl that got let go from my job last week never saw it coming. especially some that had been there 6 yrs or better.

Ronsam2006
11-17-2008, 10:00 PM
Maybe the fact that gas prices dropped just as quick as it soared, people are traveling a bit more now. Plus, seasonal hire is filling people's pockets with some spare change.

BABY J
11-18-2008, 12:47 AM
I'm too resourceful to be unemployed for long - people want to work "where they wanna work" - but there are jobs. You take the job u don't want until u can get the 1 you want. Fired - laid off - bleh - get cha hustle on, there is work.

Kevykev
11-18-2008, 06:44 AM
I guess there are lots of things that come in to play. Maybe it's like the Transformers theme "more than meets the eye"

I thought the same thing when i went to the movies this past Saturday - PACKED. didn't see too many people buying POP CORN though.

Vteckidd
11-18-2008, 07:27 AM
I already posted this in the other thread. People will lose jobs, salaries will be frozen for awhile but as a whole still more than 9x% of this country Is employed at the moment. Money is there but its being conserved. The real problem is credit. People don't have it or they aren't getting it