PDA

View Full Version : Who can repair an old car stereo?

Init2winit
11-17-2008, 03:50 PM
I have a pioneer super tuner car stereo that was acting up when I parked the car. I think some water got in it. Its been a while since I've tried to use it so I don't really remember what exactly it was doing. I want to keep this stereo if possible because I don't want to cut the dash up in the car. Where can I take it?

sina518
11-17-2008, 07:26 PM
if you can take the radio out, you can take it to repair solutuions which is a part of sound sensations by the big chicken. but the money it will cost you to fix it you can just buy a new one. if its just a standard aftermarket radio then you dont need to cut anything just get another 1 din radio

Init2winit
11-17-2008, 10:46 PM
This isn't your standard single din stereo. It has knobs which protrude through the dash. I don't really care what it costs to fix because I like the features of it, and its sound. It's also period correct for the car.

sina518
11-18-2008, 09:02 PM
like i said sound solutions but you have to take it out yourself, unless you want to pay someone to take it out? tell me what part of town your in and ill send you to the right hands.

slimm
11-21-2008, 05:35 PM
why dont you leave it in the car and just dont use it; i dont know what you're working with (what car), but if its a classic, get secret audio. keeps the factory look with aftermarket sound quality. if not that, put a new deck in the glove box. make sure you get one with a remote if you go with this option. i can help you out with that if you like. i have a guy who can do repairs. if i can find his info i'll let you know. in the meantime, if you wanna try one of the options i suggested, pm me.