PDA

View Full Version : How many places are going out of business in your area?

Friggintitsman
11-17-2008, 02:53 PM
Here in Alpharetta
Circuit city
Linens & things
Hammonds

are all going out of buisiness.

Is this kind of thing going on where you live/work?

Ed
11-17-2008, 02:56 PM
Circuit city is national. They are closing 155 (i think) stores nationwide. Only will stay two in GA. Columbus and Macon.

Ran
11-17-2008, 02:57 PM
Circuit City, Hammonds, Linen & Thi- Oh wait, I work in Alpharetta too.

Friggintitsman
11-17-2008, 02:58 PM
I see a lot of mom and pop places going down, but to see huge businesses to die is kind of scary.

Friggintitsman
11-17-2008, 03:00 PM
Circuit City, Hammonds, Linen & Thi- Oh wait, I work in Alpharetta too.

Did you see all the peoeple that have been standing on the street with signs saying going out of buisiness? At first I thought it was all the same place but then I realized it wasn't. :eek:

LoveGirl
11-17-2008, 03:05 PM
Circuit city is national. They are closing 155 (i think) stores nationwide. Only will stay two in GA. Columbus and Macon.

Yay!

Sammich
11-17-2008, 03:09 PM
two places here i know of didnt even have a chance to go out of business..they have already cleared and graded teh land for the Lowes grocery store..they canceled building it, and also another market place...its bad here man

Ran
11-17-2008, 03:19 PM
Did you see all the peoeple that have been standing on the street with signs saying going out of buisiness? At first I thought it was all the same place but then I realized it wasn't. :eek:It's like that everywhere man. Most mom n' pop shops are narrowing stock as well to simply that which they will sell. With people spending less, it's hard to experiment with new product without heavy risks. Things are going to be rough for a minute.

Friggintitsman
11-17-2008, 03:28 PM
It's like that everywhere man. Most mom n' pop shops are narrowing stock as well to simply that which they will sell. With people spending less, it's hard to experiment with new product without heavy risks. Things are going to be rough for a minute.

With no end in site I wonder how many other companies will take a hit and fail. Sucks because I really didn't pick a good degree/job to have in this economy.

I have other things I can fall back on, but I will still have student loans to pay on.

One_Bad_SHO
11-17-2008, 03:30 PM
I'm strugglin to keep my business afloat. :(

Friggintitsman
11-17-2008, 03:32 PM
I'm probably going to stick to freelance work and to the fire department thing.

twinj
Just Circuit City where I at.

Ran
With no end in site I wonder how many other companies will take a hit and fail. Sucks because I really didn't pick a good degree/job to have in this economy.

I have other things I can fall back on, but I will still have student loans to pay on.I feel you man. I've been taking business classes to get ready to open my own place, but I'm scared to right now. :(

XLR8NMR2
11-17-2008, 03:44 PM
a couple of resturaunts shut down too...Barnacles over in alpharetta and tilly mill next to the strip club.

They also closed down the love shack over here but i think that was for zoning purposes.

DrivenMind
11-17-2008, 05:16 PM
Only a couple are closing down in my area, but absolutely nobody is hiring right now.

Shit sucks.

§treet_§peed
11-17-2008, 05:20 PM
most mom and pop places are closing down. a few other small restaurants and such have tanked.. im just gonna start selling drugs....again...:ninja:

Buttons
11-17-2008, 05:25 PM
the Bill Heard in Columbus went down :(

um, mostly just places laying off LOTS of workers.

Friggintitsman
11-17-2008, 05:28 PM
Wow Bill heard? That place was huge. Of course he is a Chevy dealer.

Tracy
11-17-2008, 05:30 PM
All Bill Heard's shut down.

I have been telling the 3 guys at our shop how lucky they are to have a job right now – especially given our line of business. I hope it stays that way. :prays:

Friggintitsman
11-17-2008, 05:31 PM
In my home town in Indiana we use to have a Delco Remy and Guide Lamp. After both of those industries left the town went to utter shit. During WWII it was on the hit list for bombing because of it's huge manufacturing of military weapons. I haven't lived there in 10 years, but I hear it's a total shit hole. I left right as it was about to crumble.

Stormhammer
11-17-2008, 05:32 PM
Yeah, even a few places around my area too

Although, I've started doing IT work on the side which eventually I might pioneer out on my own. $58.50/hr FOR THE MOTHERFUCKING WIN! On top of my $10/hr job. Only my IT is more like a side thing, so its not official, therefore tax free at the moment :ninja:

§treet_§peed
11-17-2008, 05:35 PM
i'll be buying a few things fro joo guys in a few months tracy prolly getting a tune and that exhaust from joo that'll total a pretty descent junk...

Vteckidd
11-17-2008, 05:36 PM
ehhh I seriously doubt alot of these are from the current crisis. Circuit city was going down for a long time. People that depend on their customers getting loan to get their product are going to crumble ie auto dealerships, real estate, etc. But to be honest the auto industry has been tanking for some time. That haven't made a product worth a shit in 15 years. We are vastly behind the Japanese.

People will lose their jobs in effected industries, wages will be frozen for some time, the economy will shrink alot over the next year. But its natural. With so much greed and excess it was bound to happen.

People will still for the most part be employed and spend a decent amount of money. This is a course correction not a crash landing. Not yet at least

Friggintitsman
11-17-2008, 05:39 PM
Circuit city was pwned by Best Buy

§treet_§peed
11-17-2008, 05:39 PM
ehhh I seriously doubt alot of these are from the current crisis. Circuit city was going down for a long time. People that depend on their customers getting loan to get their product are going to crumble ie auto dealerships, real estate, etc. But to be honest the auto industry has been tanking for some time. That haven't made a product worth a shit in 15 years. We are vastly behind the Japanese.

People will lose their jobs in effected industries, wages will be frozen for some time, the economy will shrink alot over the next year. But its natural. With so much greed and excess it was bound to happen.

People will still for the most part be employed and spend a decent amount of money. This is a course correction not a crash landing. Not yet at least i agree for the most part but i think we are in a nose dive for a crash landing... we just need to go out with a bang of glory and wipe out a few other countries as well....

Friggintitsman
11-17-2008, 05:42 PM
i agree for the most part but i think we are in a nose dive for a crash landing... we just need to go out with a bang of glory and wipe out a few other countries as well....

Let's take over Canada. Why?? Because fuck Canada

Tracy
11-17-2008, 05:45 PM
Let's take over Canada. Why?? Because fuck Canada
Dan keeps saying we are moving to Canada. He was born there. He actually started saying it after Sept. 11th. I think he is an idiot :D

Vteckidd
11-17-2008, 05:49 PM
some reason the canadians manage to stay out of trouble and stay on a decent path. But damn its cold

Friggintitsman
11-17-2008, 05:49 PM
Dan keeps saying we are moving to Canada. He was born there. He actually started saying it after Sept. 11th. I think he is an idiot :D

If shit hits the fan I'm taking my daughter and going back to Europe.

Friggintitsman
11-17-2008, 05:50 PM
some reason the canadians manage to stay out of trouble and stay on a decent path. But damn its cold

Because they basically live off our economy and don't get into all the shit we do.

Buttons
11-17-2008, 05:51 PM
Circuit City in Columbus is staying open.

Bill Heard is based in Columbus. His home is here in Columbus. So unfortunately, his business closing meant bad for Columbus.

There is money being injected into our indoor mall to keep it open.

Friggintitsman
11-17-2008, 06:01 PM
Columbus is a filthy shit hole anyway. The only thing that keeps that place alive is Ft. Benning.

Buttons
11-17-2008, 06:04 PM
Columbus is a filthy shit hole anyway. The only thing that keeps that place alive is Ft. Benning.

it's not a filthy shit hole.

the 3rd largest cities in Georgia. would be 2nd, but Augusta combined with another county.

Ft. Benning just keeps the economy going.

Tracy
11-17-2008, 06:04 PM
If shit hits the fan I'm taking my daughter and going back to Europe.

I just think Dan is funny because he says he's Canadian and he was only born there since his mom and dad were there for a few weeks visiting. And he says it like America sucks and he doesn't cuz he's Canadian.

Then to boot, he's against socialized medicine.... and I am like, duh!

He makes no sense. BUT FUCK YEA IT'S COLD THERE. If he moves there, I ain't going. That's for sho'.

Friggintitsman
11-17-2008, 06:06 PM
it's not a filthy shit hole.

the 3rd largest cities in Georgia. would be 2nd, but Augusta combined with another county.

Ft. Benning just keeps the economy going.
That's what I meant. Plus the GI's are the only thing keeping the Gene pool alive there. Those guys will fuck anything.

Friggintitsman
11-17-2008, 06:08 PM
I just think Dan is funny because he says he's Canadian and he was only born there since his mom and dad were there for a few weeks visiting. And he says it like America sucks and he doesn't cuz he's Canadian.

Then to boot, he's against socialized medicine.... and I am like, duh!

He makes no sense. BUT FUCK YEA IT'S COLD THERE. If he moves there, I ain't going. That's for sho'.

Canada is nice. Beautiful place. I grew up in the cold so it doesn't bother me.

Buttons
11-17-2008, 06:13 PM
That's what I meant. Plus the GI's are the only thing keeping the Gene pool alive there. Those guys will fuck anything.

LOL. Many people are non military. I know bunches of people who are non military. Only a few people I know are in the military or their family is in military.

Friggintitsman
11-17-2008, 06:15 PM
LOL. Many people are non military. I know bunches of people who are non military. Only a few people I know are in the military or their family is in military.

I use to bang lots of sluts in Columbus and Phenix City

Troo story

Buttons
11-17-2008, 06:17 PM
I use to bang lots of sluts in Columbus and Phenix City

Troo story

HAHAHA about 99% of the girls i met from PC are huge sluts.

Columbus girls are better.

just go downtown, it's really not that hard to pick up a few sluts.

Friggintitsman
11-17-2008, 06:18 PM
HAHAHA about 99% of the girls i met from PC are huge sluts.

Columbus girls are better.

just go downtown, it's really not that hard to pick up a few sluts.

I can't tell the difference.

blaknoize
11-17-2008, 06:21 PM
In Columbus, OH in a 15 mile radius (roughly) 3 Ford dealership, 1 chevy, Circuit City, Sears Tires, randomly lost a Wendy's and 2 factories just went out 2 weeks ago. Oh and a Kia dealer as well.

Edit... I forgot about Value City department stores, we lost 5 in Ohio in general; and DHL shipping hub in Delaware, which is actually 45miles, but still.

Buttons
11-17-2008, 06:22 PM
I can't tell the difference.

Um, there is.

Most Phenix City girls are dumber and have more of an accent.
This girl i know didn't even know what obese (we were talking about weight) or import (we were talking about cars) was.

Friggintitsman
11-17-2008, 06:22 PM
In Columbus, OH in a 15 mile radius (roughly) 3 Ford dealership, 1 chevy, Circuit City, Sears Tires, randomly lost a Wendy's and 2 factories just went out 2 weeks ago. Oh and a Kia dealer as well.

Shit that is seriul bidness

Friggintitsman
11-17-2008, 06:24 PM
Um, there is.

Most Phenix City girls are dumber and have more of an accent.
This girl i know didn't even know what obese (we were talking about weight) or import (we were talking about cars) was.

Well compared to me they're all dumb so it doesn't really matter.

blaknoize
11-17-2008, 06:27 PM
...yea, my state is in turmoil. We have a 30mil or 60million dollar deficit to make up and IDk how Columbus can do that. Already our gas tax is about to increase, parking fines and a few others have risen. Such as the standard speeding ticket will increase by $25 across the board.

.blank cd
11-17-2008, 06:33 PM
Well compared to me they're all dumb so it doesn't really matter.Factual Tale

Friggintitsman
11-17-2008, 06:35 PM
Factual Tale

I has n ejabuhkashun