PDA

View Full Version : Misc UFC 91 - LESNAR vs COUTURE

One_Bad_SHO
11-14-2008, 01:06 PM
November 15th - 10PM EST.

Its about time Randy "The Natural" Couture came back.

Who do you anticipate winning?

I wonder what Tito Ortiz is going to do now that Elite XC filed for bankruptcy after Kimbo took a beating.

Friggintitsman
11-14-2008, 01:08 PM
I hope Randy mainly because I really hate cockchest.

03RCode
11-14-2008, 01:08 PM
Couture all the fucking way. Experience will take this one I feel. And the longer the fight goes on the more it will lean toward Couture.

One_Bad_SHO
11-14-2008, 01:15 PM
I don't even think brocks that good of a fighter. He's just a big corn fed mufucka. Did you guys hear his speech after he beat the Texas crazy horse? "I rode that stallion all the way into town!" Whatta douche. He's just big, and strong.

I hope Cotoure makes him his bitch.

Nubz
11-14-2008, 02:00 PM
brock is just bigger. i want cotoure to win. i wanna see him make lesnar bleed.. lesnar is huge and twice as strong. but cotoure is a better striker and his ground game is better. so its a toss up

HyPer50
11-14-2008, 02:00 PM
I don't even think brocks that good of a fighter. He's just a big corn fed mufucka. Did you guys hear his speech after he beat the Texas crazy horse? "I rode that stallion all the way into town!" Whatta douche. He's just big, and strong.

I hope Cotoure makes him his bitch.

I think your underestimating him. I mean he is big and strong, but he is also a national champion collegiate wrestler. He's also learning quick, watch the first fight and the 2nd fight of his, big difference. I'll go with Lesnar to upset the old guy.

DieselNuts
11-14-2008, 02:06 PM
I really want Couture to win. The size difference is rediculous, but he beat the shit out of Sylvia to win the title last time...

Speaking of title, this is a NON title match, correct? It sure as hell should be. Lesnar isnt even close to deserving a title shot.

One_Bad_SHO
11-14-2008, 02:15 PM
I think your underestimating him. I mean he is big and strong, but he is also a national champion collegiate wrestler. He's also learning quick, watch the first fight and the 2nd fight of his, big difference. I'll go with Lesnar to upset the old guy.

Yeah, he's got the wrestling experience/titles and you're right, there is a big difference between his first and second fight. However, (to me) the only reason he won that second fight is because he landed a good punch with his bowling ball sized fist. I didnt see much skill involved. Very aggressive, wild swinging. Although he is a quick learner, certain arts (such as jiu Jitsu) take YEARS to get good at. I have a feeling he's gonna get tapped out. Again.

I really want Couture to win. The size difference is rediculous, but he beat the shit out of Sylvia to win the title last time...

Speaking of title, this is a NON title match, correct? It sure as hell should be. Lesnar isnt even close to deserving a title shot.

Agreed. With 2 UFC fights under his belt, it would be a slap in the face to the veterans.

Tuan
11-14-2008, 02:41 PM
I think your underestimating him. I mean he is big and strong, but he is also a national champion collegiate wrestler. He's also learning quick, watch the first fight and the 2nd fight of his, big difference. I'll go with Lesnar to upset the old guy.Couture is just as good as Lesner wrestling. However, Couture is a lot better in jits then Lesner. In the stand up game Couture is also better then Lesner. If you notice Lesner first fight with Mir he threw a lot of punches but none of them really landed. Most of his punches were hitting Mir's arms. Another big aspect is I don't think Lesner has enough gas in the tank. If you look at the Herring fight her was getting tired by the beginning of the third round. He couldn't even finish Herring. Couture on the other hand will fight for days.

Kyle
11-14-2008, 03:00 PM
With a fighter as big and powerful as brock lesnar you cant really predict the fight with much accuracy. its like kimbo, inexperienced but strong, but i doubt lesnar could go 5 rounds with couture.

bowdown201
11-15-2008, 10:15 AM
I say Couture from pure expierence. Lesnar is a big dude I just dont think hes been in it long enough

redpanda
11-15-2008, 10:42 AM
Lesnar is really quick for a guy who weighs 260. He's stronger, bigger and has a well respected wrestling background, but strategy and stamina will win this one. Couture is king of exposing his opponent's weakness and enduring hard hits therefore...the Natural will take it tonight

DrivenMind
11-15-2008, 11:07 AM
I'm going with Couture on this one. Not just because I think he's a better fighter, but because he has such a respectful attitude. This sport is filled with shit talking, egotistical maniacs, and brainless brawlers, I always have more respect for someone who's willing to think a fight out, and not take it personally.

I'm still dying to see Couture take on Fedor Emelianenko, although if it takes much longer, Randy's age is going to catch up with him.

Friggintitsman
11-15-2008, 04:25 PM
I'm going to be watching the fight over here at Buffalo wild wings 400 north exit 8 in Alpharetta if anyone wants to join.

Whiteboy572
11-15-2008, 04:27 PM
Ill be at hooters off of 316 watching it.

HyPer50
11-15-2008, 04:33 PM
Anderson Silva would take em both out so it's a moot point lmao. Can't beat his deadly accuracy. Chris Leben/Silva fight is the most dominating fight I've ever seen, pretty sure every punch he threw hit Leben dead on.

b16EG-HaTcH
11-15-2008, 04:34 PM
i say couture is going to choke him out. but as everyone else says his experience is what will win the fight.

bigdare23
11-15-2008, 05:10 PM
Since I dont know much about Couture, I'm just going to go with the slap Autumn option.

9ussy
11-15-2008, 05:14 PM
lesnar is probably going to take it.. can't really say it for sure but size advantage and quick wrestling back ground will get the old guy on the floor... but if lesnar doesn't do damage then couture will take it if this match goes beyond the 2 round..

Julio
11-15-2008, 05:28 PM
Lesner is going to whoop that ass... Old man wont handle shit..

SleepingTalon
11-15-2008, 05:44 PM
Yeah, he's got the wrestling experience/titles and you're right, there is a big difference between his first and second fight. However, (to me) the only reason he won that second fight is because he landed a good punch with his bowling ball sized fist. I didnt see much skill involved. Very aggressive, wild swinging. Although he is a quick learner, certain arts (such as jiu Jitsu) take YEARS to get good at. I have a feeling he's gonna get tapped out. Again.

Agreed. With 2 UFC fights under his belt, it would be a slap in the face to the veterans.

Brock has been training MMA for 3-4yrs, so I'd say that that's plenty of time to get to learn the ropes to compete in a shallow UFC HW division. Josh Koscheck, who had the same NCAA D1 background, fought in the UFC with less training time, and he's fighting in MMA's DEEPEST division (with success nonetheless). Anyway, if you watched the Herring fight, you would see that he baited him in with a left hand, and then threw the right that landed on Herring. That takes SKILL, and only from someone ho has been working his stand up game. Also, his BJJ has come along pretty well, but he doesn't just train BJJ. I know people that train with him, and while he basically had Comprido (7 time BJJ world champ) living with him, he also trains with CSW, which is Paulson, and Barnett respectively. Do you think Josh Barnett practices BJJ? LOL, he wouldn't be caught dead doing that. They use catch wrestling, which is just as good as BJJ. Look no further than Barnett who is probably one of, if not THE best submission guy in the HW division, and top 5 HW at that. Nick Thompson, who is another top MMA fighter, said that the BJJ black belts that are rolling with Brock aren't tapping him anymore, and are getting tapped THEMSELVES now. BJJ make take years to learn, but he doesn't need to train with the GI on. NO GI is the wave of the future, and me personally, after training with Eddie Bravo, I can see that plain as day. So the stuff Brock is learning, position before submission, is all he needs to know. Either way, I've been doing BJJ for years now, and the one thing I've noticed is that a GOOD, heavier, stronger, wrestler, can neutralize my game, especially a D1 wrestler.

Next, why does everyone think that Randy is gonna tap Brock? Who the hell has Randy ever submitted? Mike Van Arsdale? It took him 3 minutes to apply an anaconda choke for fucks sake! Randy's sub game sucks ass. Even Randy said his submission game isn't good. I will admit that anything is within the realm of possibility, but that's the last way I'd pick Randy to win. TKO from strikes would be first, followed by a decision win, then MAYBE a sub, where he softens Brock up with strikes.

On a side note, why is everyone so bent outta shape about Brock getting a title fight with 3 fights under his belt? There was another fighter I remember, who got a title fight after 4 pro fights, and no one complained, and his name was BJ Penn. Brock gets all this WWE hate, it's so ridiculous.

With all this said, I still give Randy an edge, but some of the shit said in this thread is so far from the truth, it's not even funny. Herring didn't get finished, so what? Who has finished Herring? Nog didn't do it, hell the only way Fedor did it, was from a cut stoppage! Herring is NOT easy to finish. Brock has a ways to go, and he's in deeper water with Randy, but while I pick Randy to win, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if Brock kicked his ass.

ueyedgr8tness
11-15-2008, 06:08 PM
I want to go watch this at hooters but have no 1 to go see it with me:(

Maniacc
11-15-2008, 06:30 PM
I want to go watch this at hooters but have no 1 to go see it with me:(
I'm gonna be meeting up with some friends at the one in pleasant hill around 9 or so.

ETA: I would like to see Lesnar win. Just because a lot of people still don't appreciate the dudes' potential.
Only thing that makes him look like a complete faggot is that dick sword looking tattoo.

Other than that, he's a monsta!

One_Bad_SHO
11-15-2008, 10:14 PM
LIVE STREAM

http://www.mmahacks.com/video/live-stream.html

ueyedgr8tness
11-15-2008, 11:13 PM
I'm gonna be meeting up with some friends at the one in pleasant hill around 9 or so.

ETA: I would like to see Lesnar win. Just because a lot of people still don't appreciate the dudes' potential.
Only thing that makes him look like a complete faggot is that dick sword looking tattoo.

Other than that, he's a monsta!

man i didnt see u post this fu** i watched it at home:cry:

Member31410
11-15-2008, 11:32 PM
I just voted for Brock. LOL.

Julio
11-16-2008, 12:26 AM
Lesner is going to whoop that ass... Old man wont handle shit..

Shouldve listen to me...

Hahah Lesner whoop that assssssssssssssss.... hahaha :lmfao:

SleepingTalon
11-16-2008, 01:01 AM
Where are all the Brock shit talkers now? He just steamrolled the champ. All I kept hearing is "he can't take a punch", CHECK..did that and then some. "He'll get eaten alive in the stand up", CHECK..he tooled Randy and almost had him finished on more than one occasion before he the ACTUAL finish. "Randy will beat his ass up in the clinch", CHECK..He was the one who totally halted Randy's game. Brock is no Kimbo Slice. Kimbo sucks and has no ability, Brock is an actual ATHLETE, with a pretty good skill set now. Take a look boys, your new UFC HW champ is Brock Lesnar (and yes, he was a WWE champ too).

quickdodgeŽ
11-16-2008, 01:13 AM
(and yes, he was a WWE champ too).

YEAH EVERYONE!!! Not only can is he the champ in extreme fighting, but he's a champion actor as well, lolol. Later, QD.

ueyedgr8tness
11-16-2008, 08:12 AM
I am sry but that shot that landed him in the back of the head,was weak and it looked like wwe where everything was made up,LIke randy just fell out after the shot hardly even hit him... Go back watch the replay in slow from a good angle and u will c truth in the macon.

p.s and randy picking big ass brock up with him weighing at 270 shi*! that old dude is still a beast.

SleepingTalon
11-16-2008, 09:08 AM
I am sry but that shot that landed him in the back of the head,was weak and it looked like wwe where everything was made up,LIke randy just fell out after the shot hardly even hit him... Go back watch the replay in slow from a good angle and u will c truth in the macon.

p.s and randy picking big ass brock up with him weighing at 270 shi*! that old dude is still a beast.

Yeah, the shot was "weak", sure. Spoken like someone whose never trained a day in his life. It landed right behind his ear man. That's an immediate LIGHTS OUT, for a flash KO. Nevermind the 30 hammerfists on the ground that he didn't answer to, right after he landed the punch. I figured someone would try to discredit Brock's win, just because they're all mad that Randy lost. Jeez.

Julio
11-16-2008, 10:22 AM

WTF? did you not see the fight ? lol.. Go back watch the punch in slow motion...Lesner almost riped couture heads off... a punch behind the ear is no joke... That was the beggining of the end really.. the other punches lesner gave him on the ground was to make sure.

Julio
11-16-2008, 10:26 AM
YEAH EVERYONE!!! Not only can is he the champ in extreme fighting, but he's a champion actor as well, lolol. Later, QD.

Yeah you right.. WWE is BS and ACTING.. but you still need to be in major shape.... Actually, Lesner looks in great/better shape then when he was a wrestler and for his size he moves.

quickdodgeŽ
11-16-2008, 10:39 AM
Yeah you right.. WWE is BS and ACTING.. but you still need to be in major shape.... Actually, Lesner looks in great/better shape then when he was a wrestler and for his size he moves.

I understand that. And I wasn't knocking UFC (not a fan myself), just knocking comparing UFC with WWE. Later, QD.

ueyedgr8tness
11-16-2008, 10:53 AM
Yeah, the shot was "weak", sure. Spoken like someone whose never trained a day in his life. It landed right behind his ear man. That's an immediate LIGHTS OUT, for a flash KO. Nevermind the 30 hammerfists on the ground that he didn't answer to, right after he landed the punch. I figured someone would try to discredit Brock's win, just because they're all mad that Randy lost. Jeez.

:lmfao: @ ppl like u that think you no me,No doubt he lost but i hate ppl that don't see what ppl like randy has done for mma,unlike you that claims i have never trained,I could careless what u think the real side is randy is still the best in the business and when brock is out the game in 5 yr's because his body is all jacked up from where he used steriods in wwe, Randy will still be a champion :yes: Trust me just cause i don't put in my sigs or avators and where tapout shirts don't mean i have never trained,

ueyedgr8tness
11-16-2008, 10:57 AM
WTF? did you not see the fight ? lol.. Go back watch the punch in slow motion...Lesner almost riped couture heads off... a punch behind the ear is no joke... That was the beggining of the end really.. the other punches lesner gave him on the ground was to make sure.

I no bro i was just wanting some young mma fans to get all out of shape and talk shi* considering most of them have no clue as to what Randy c has done for the mma game over the yr's.I am a big fan of him even when he was getting pwnt by chuck L. When you grow up with 4 brothers that worship the shi* its kinda of hard to not be a Randy c fan after all he has been thrue:cheers:

SleepingTalon
11-16-2008, 11:34 AM
:lmfao: @ ppl like u that think you no me,No doubt he lost but i hate ppl that don't see what ppl like randy has done for mma,unlike you that claims i have never trained,I could careless what u think the real side is randy is still the best in the business and when brock is out the game in 5 yr's because his body is all jacked up from where he used steriods in wwe, Randy will still be a champion :yes: Trust me just cause i don't put in my sigs or avators and where tapout shirts don't mean i have never trained,

WTF are you babbling about? WTF does what "Randy's done for the sport" have to do with the fact that he got TKO'd last night? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! You're sitting here claiming that Brock didn't even hit him, yet it's plain as day, and even Randy admitted to getting caught! Why is it such a fucking hard pill to swallow? I mean, Randy came to terms with it, so you should too! BTW, Randy is NOT the best in the business either. That title belongs to Fedor, BJ Penn, or GSP. Nice reach with the steroid thing. Too bad he's passed EVERY single drug test that's ever been given to him. He is the exact same size he was when he left college and won his NCAA title. You do know they test there too, right? I can't believe people are still accusing him of steroids after he passes ALL the drug tests, even the random ones administered during training by the NSAC. Yet people like Royce, Baroni, Sherk, Barnett, Silva, Bonnar, Franca, Leben, etc, all FAIL miserably when given the exact same tests! Seriously, the excuses are getting really lame. Randy got beat by the BETTER fighter. That's all there is to it.

ueyedgr8tness
11-16-2008, 11:42 AM
WTF are you babbling about? WTF does what "Randy's done for the sport" have to do with the fact that he got TKO'd last night? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! You're sitting here claiming that Brock didn't even hit him, yet it's plain as day, and even Randy admitted to getting caught! Why is it such a fucking hard pill to swallow? I mean, Randy came to terms with it, so you should too! BTW, Randy is NOT the best in the business either. That title belongs to Fedor, BJ Penn, or GSP. Nice reach with the steroid thing. Too bad he's passed EVERY single drug test that's ever been given to him. He is the exact same size he was when he left college and won his NCAA title. You do know they test there too, right? I can't believe people are still accusing him of steroids after he passes ALL the drug tests, even the random ones administered during training by the NSAC. Yet people like Royce, Baroni, Sherk, Barnett, Silva, Bonnar, Franca, Leben, etc, all FAIL miserably when given the exact same tests! Seriously, the excuses are getting really lame. Randy got beat by the BETTER fighter. That's all there is to it.

:lmfao: at talon getting all worked up:lmfao: I don't think you really got my 1st post but w/e once u do you will probley be like:eek: oh!! "thats what he was talking about"

Got Milk?
11-16-2008, 11:46 AM
hahaha wow

First i read page one of this thread, and everyone was hating on brock.

Page 2---lol where you guys at.

link to the fight anyone?

SleepingTalon
11-16-2008, 11:47 AM

Here is your 1st post AFTER the results of the fight. A post full of FAIL, and excuses. Yet your next post is you babbling about "Look at what Randy has done for the sport, blah blah blah", whining like a little girl. Randy has done a lot for the sport, but that has NOTHING to do with the fact that he got his ass kicked last night. He got beat, get over it!

ueyedgr8tness
11-16-2008, 11:56 AM
Here is your 1st post AFTER the results of the fight. A post full of FAIL, and excuses. Yet your next post is you babbling about "Look at what Randy has done for the sport, blah blah blah", whining like a little girl. Randy has done a lot for the sport, but that has NOTHING to do with the fact that he got his ass kicked last night. He got beat, get over it!

PFFT!! :lmfao: just incase u havent figured out why most ppl go to pride fighting when they 1st start,do your research then come back later untill then i could careless what else comes from your keyboard:goodjob: NEW topic..............

One_Bad_SHO
11-16-2008, 11:57 AM
I am still a Couture fan and "Brock hater" despite the results of last nights fight. Randy got caught, yes. Just like Cro Cop got caught by his own trademark move by Gonzaga. It happens to the best of them.

However, Brocks second fight was crap. He displayed little "skill" besids wrestling. He swung wildly and when he got a break, used his weight and hammered down. Its the same thing he did in this fight vs Couture.

He's just a big dude that knows how to use his size to his advantage. But yes, he won, fair and square.

SleepingTalon
11-16-2008, 12:15 PM
PFFT!! :lmfao: just incase u havent figured out why most ppl go to pride fighting when they 1st start,do your research then come back later untill then i could careless what else comes from your keyboard:goodjob: NEW topic..............

You've officially labeled yourself as an MMA new with the above statement. You have absolutely NO knowledge of the history of the sport. Pride wasn't around until WAY later. Also, most people didn't "start" in Pride you retard. Pride was formed by Japan Pro Wrestling, and the guys that YOU see today that competed there, fought Vale Tudo, Pancrase, etc. Don't try to school me. Unlike you, I actually have been in the gym for years training with many of these guys, before anyone even knew who they were. Where the fuck do you train at? Please tell me. I would LOVE to hear this.

SleepingTalon
11-16-2008, 12:21 PM
I am still a Couture fan and "Brock hater" despite the results of last nights fight. Randy got caught, yes. Just like Cro Cop got caught by his own trademark move by Gonzaga. It happens to the best of them.

However, Brocks second fight was crap. He displayed little "skill" besids wrestling. He swung wildly and when he got a break, used his weight and hammered down. Its the same thing he did in this fight vs Couture.

He's just a big dude that knows how to use his size to his advantage. But yes, he won, fair and square.

He displayed little skill? The punch he hit Herring with was a STRAIGHT punch, not a wild hook in the middle of a frenzy. In fact, it was set up by a fainted jab. How about checking leg kicks, and throwing his own? Please don't bring up CC either. He's not the same fighter since his UFC debut. He didn't just get caught. He was getting dominated the entire fight before that kick even landed, much like he was getting dominated by Alistair Overeem during his fight at DREAM just a month or so ago.

Got Milk?
11-16-2008, 12:33 PM

Damn, you say its fair and square but you wrote all those excuses for why he won. QFT!

One_Bad_SHO
11-16-2008, 12:39 PM
[QUOTE=Got Milk?]Damn, you say its fair and square but you wrote all those excuses for why he won. QFT![/QUOTE

"fair and square"... much like "it doesnt matter if you win by an inch or a mile. Winning is winning."

Catch my drift?

Got Milk?
11-16-2008, 12:45 PM
^^

Okey fast and furious boy, my point is that all u brock lesnar HATERS just don't wanna accept the fact that Brock is the best UFC.

One_Bad_SHO
11-16-2008, 12:48 PM
He displayed little skill? The punch he hit Herring with was a STRAIGHT punch, not a wild hook in the middle of a frenzy. In fact, it was set up by a fainted jab. How about checking leg kicks, and throwing his own? Please don't bring up CC either. He's not the same fighter since his UFC debut. He didn't just get caught. He was getting dominated the entire fight before that kick even landed, much like he was getting dominated by Alistair Overeem during his fight at DREAM just a month or so ago.

Yes, because a STRAIGHT punch set up by a jab takes a lot of skill and is in no way the basic fundamentals of amateur striking.

I agree, he is not the same fighter he was during his UFC debut. He's gotten better. However, IN MY OPINION, compared to other fighters n UFC without the size/strenght advantage hes's got... I don't think he's that good of a fighter. Hes got excellent wrestling. Thats all i really see in him.

Key words: "in my opinion" meaning.. this is not a debate nor an e-pissing contest.

One_Bad_SHO
11-16-2008, 12:51 PM
^^

Okey fast and furious boy, my point is that all u brock lesnar HATERS just don't wanna accept the fact that Brock is the best UFC.

Fast and Furious boy? Grow up kiddo. The quoted matierial was an example to help you better understand what I was trying to portray since you couldnt grasp the concept of my post the first time around.

"Brock is the best UFC" is an opinion. He won last night. IN MY OPINION, on paper (since he holds the title) he is the best, yes.... however, compared to the Couture, Liddell, Silva etc etc, he still has a bunch of fights to win before he can be considered "the best".

HyPer50
11-16-2008, 01:04 PM
Hmm.. I like Brock, but he is definitely not the "best" in UFC. I picked him over Couture, but as I said earlier in this thread, they would both get there ass handed to them by Anderson Silva, who is in a lighter weight class. So ya, he's good and he definitely deserved that win, but the "best"? Nahhhh

^^

Got Milk?
11-16-2008, 01:10 PM
Hmm.. I like Brock, but he is definitely not the "best" in UFC. I picked him over Couture, but as I said earlier in this thread, they would both get there ass handed to them by Anderson Silva, who is in a lighter weight class. So ya, he's good and he definitely deserved that win, but the "best"? Nahhhh

well he go the UFC belt, so yea that makes him the best untill the next fight results.

anothaRRR
11-16-2008, 01:15 PM

I totally agree with you...Brock doesnt show the skill of a true MMA fighter...All he has going for him is his wrestling and strength...I hated seeing Couture lose but it happens to the best...I like Couture cause he fights from the heart...

The_ CaneCorso
11-16-2008, 01:36 PM
Randy is getting old and thats one of the problems. Kinda like Ice man... isnt Kurt angle getting in MMA?

The_ CaneCorso
11-16-2008, 01:38 PM
Also Brock has size and strength but in time and experience he is going to be really unstoppable.. he is 31 and still has alot to learn

One_Bad_SHO
11-16-2008, 01:42 PM
Randy is getting old and thats one of the problems. Kinda like Ice man... isnt Kurt angle getting in MMA?

Kurt is 39 and has a history of neck injurys.... :(

"Although professional wrestling superstar Kurt Angle will compete against UFC heavyweight champion Randy Couture in a submission grappling match later this year, don't expect Angle to immediately follow in fellow professional wrestler Brock Lesnar's footsteps -- at least not yet." (http://mmajunkie.com/news/3935/kurt-angle-admittedly-not-ready-for-mma.mma)

One_Bad_SHO
11-16-2008, 01:43 PM
Also Brock has size and strength but in time and experience he is going to be really unstoppable.. he is 31 and still has alot to learn

I agree with that. :goodjob:

The_ CaneCorso
11-16-2008, 02:22 PM
Kurt is 39 and has a history of neck injurys.... :(

"Although professional wrestling superstar Kurt Angle will compete against UFC heavyweight champion Randy Couture in a submission grappling match later this year, don't expect Angle to immediately follow in fellow professional wrestler Brock Lesnar's footsteps -- at least not yet." (http://mmajunkie.com/news/3935/kurt-angle-admittedly-not-ready-for-mma.mma)
This is true

Maniacc
11-16-2008, 03:14 PM
Not to sound like a nuthugger but lesnar is the man. MMA's first genuine superstar. I think the best thing for the sport was for him to win the title, and in the way he did. All you people will love lesnar in a years time. It's funny watching all the haters eat it.

Julio
11-16-2008, 03:44 PM
Who cares.. Lesner whoop that ass.. hahaha

tell Silva to put on some lbs and step up... Because people will blame lbs difference..

Couture "WAS" great.. dude is 45..already made his mark.. keep moving..

Is life.. you have your shinning moments.. Shit tyson was unstopable one time.. Until Buster douglas fucked him up.. haha and it was all down hill from there..
Shamrock.. tito.. and the list goes on in every sport.

Is sports and competetion... =]

The_ CaneCorso
11-16-2008, 04:10 PM
Who cares.. Lesner whoop that ass.. hahaha

tell Silva to put on some lbs and step up... Because people will blame lbs difference..

Couture "WAS" great.. dude is 45..already made his mark.. keep moving..

Is life.. you have your shinning moments.. Shit tyson was unstopable one time.. Until Buster douglas fucked him up.. haha and it was all down hill from there..
Shamrock.. tito.. and the list goes on in every sport.

Is sports and competetion... =]
EXCATLY! What is done is done!

SleepingTalon
11-16-2008, 05:52 PM
I totally agree with you...Brock doesnt show the skill of a true MMA fighter...All he has going for him is his wrestling and strength...I hated seeing Couture lose but it happens to the best...I like Couture cause he fights from the heart...

LOL. Really? Like Coleman, Randleman, Hughes, Sherk, and I could name a dozen others. ALL WRESTLERS, who used NOTHING but their wrestling skill to win fights. I'm still trying to find out what everyone is looking for skill wise? He has decent hands, good power, fast as a MW, elite wrestling, so how does that not add up to being a good MMA fighter? He just knocked off 2 TOP HW's, yet he's doing so with "no skill". I swear, some of you are ridiculous with the way you analyze fighters skill sets. He's obviously still learning, but to say he doesn't show the skill of a "true MMA fighter", is simply not true.

Got Milk?
11-16-2008, 06:05 PM
i love how people say brock only wins cus he is big and just wrestlers to win, but here is the link to some of the fight. and i don't see brock using wrestling at all to win.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBjnxWz0jPY

The_ CaneCorso
11-16-2008, 07:39 PM
Who gives a fuck what he uses to win...HE WON!!!!!!11