PDA

View Full Version : Legacy GT vs R32

malfeas99
09-09-2005, 01:16 PM
Heading home from the gym on 41 near Delk, liesurely pass a silver VW R32.

Fellow decides he wants to play a bit, and when the right turn for the south 120 loop comes up, he flips into the turn lane and I go in behind him.

Tight turn, then we both open up as he goes into the far left lane and I stay in the far right lane (I had a turn coming up soon).

I don't think we were going balls-out (I wasn't), but I pulled on him pretty consistently. He gave a frendly honk as I turned off onto Franklin (man that's a funny sounding horn).

KevinT707
09-11-2005, 10:21 PM
story sounds boring, sorry man .. entered this thinking it was a R32 Skyline.. haha what was I thinking

4dmin
09-12-2005, 10:09 AM
R32 are pretty slow stock... if you numbers are 255/285 in your sig then you would straight walk a R32. R32 dyno about 225/225 w/ minor bolt ons

SandM
09-12-2005, 08:51 PM
yea, i test drove on a while back (R32). i wanted to see what the hype was all about. i thought they were; lagging in the lower RPMs, shifting was notchy as hell, clutch was too soft for the car, AWD is overrated (i know its electronic, but i dont want to be able to bark tires so easily. makes me question.)... ok, im done ranting on the R32.
i do however really like the new Legacy GTs. bad ass car.
nice "kill"

4dmin
09-13-2005, 08:45 AM
yea, i test drove on a while back (R32). i wanted to see what the hype was all about. i thought they were; lagging in the lower RPMs, shifting was notchy as hell, clutch was too soft for the car, AWD is overrated (i know its electronic, but i dont want to be able to bark tires so easily. makes me question.)... ok, im done ranting on the R32.
i do however really like the new Legacy GTs. bad ass car.
nice "kill"

VW has never been known for AWD, but other than that, power isn't bad for out of the box w/ good torque #s (its not turbo either, the turbo setups for these are fucking amazing), plus it looks 100x better than Evo/WRX, those leather racing seats ahhhh:nautjerk:

malfeas99
09-13-2005, 10:11 AM
R32 are pretty slow stock... if you numbers are 255/285 in your sig then you would straight walk a R32. R32 dyno about 225/225 w/ minor bolt ons

I looked up the numbers afterwards, the R32 appears to be significantly slower than even a stock LGT.

I will say, though, that it looked totally badass. And the horn is funny.

4dmin
09-13-2005, 02:35 PM
I looked up the numbers afterwards, the R32 appears to be significantly slower than even a stock LGT.

I will say, though, that it looked totally badass. And the horn is funny.

ya the VW horns are so queer... mine sounds like a wet pussy fart :lmfao:

The Golden Child
09-13-2005, 05:25 PM
ya the VW horns are so queer... mine sounds like a wet pussy fart :lmfao:

ur horn sounds like a queef ?? :lmfao:

i think thats how you spell it ..

still funny though ..