PDA

View Full Version : Misc Need help/suggestions with my dogs.

G.C
11-13-2008, 03:16 PM
First off we have 2 dogs. One is a beagle(coco) and the other is a mutt(meme) so we dont know what it is, but my gf thinks theres some pitt in her. There both medium size and female. We had meme for 3 years before we got coco last year. They were both grown when they met each other.

Heres the problem. They fight at least once every other week. Its not playing around thing either, they're tearing each other up. You can see blood on their face all the time. They wont stop untill we come in and break it up, which today I figured out its a very bad idea. I got bit and had to go to hospital. The person at the hospital told me that i need to get rid of one of the dog before one gets killed or injured really bad. But we really dont want to get rid of them. We got them both from the Humane Society.

There really friendly and we love them to death so we dont want to get rid of them but they just wont stop fighting. People tell us to let them fight, but i dont think they understand that there trying to kill each other when they do fight. Plus its just too hard to watch them fight and hurt each other.

Is there any way we can get them not to fight? We noticed they fight a lot when we pet coco. Meme gets very jealous and attacks her. Meme was the first dog we got and had a lot of attention before coco came in. We still give them a lot of attention, but meme wants all of it. They seem fine when were not around them. They play around and have fun together, but whenever we come outside and play with them. The fight pops off.

Please give us some kind of suggestion so we can keep them.

j0nbunklah0m
11-13-2008, 04:15 PM
get a chihuahua to beat both of them up :)

Red_Phoenix
11-13-2008, 04:18 PM
you might have to pet meme in front of coco for a while so she doesn't feel replaced. Eventually she should calm down

G.C
11-13-2008, 05:40 PM
We did that before. For a year. They been fighting for a year now.

Nissan Sean
11-13-2008, 05:55 PM
beat the crap out of them when they are fighting.. i think they will figure it out pretty quik...its not nice but it might work.. just dont tell anybody your doing it. :)

G.C
11-13-2008, 09:10 PM
Did that everytime they fought.