PDA

View Full Version : A-hunting we will go, a-hunting we will go....

quickdodgeŽ
11-12-2008, 07:03 PM
It's amazing the "life" that you beget when you take an old, out of date, sitting in the backyard with grass up to the wheels car and start tweaking on it from time to time. You start looking at it and begin to think of what the car was like brand new. Then you take a step back and think at how it could all be resurrected anew....or close to it. Nowadays, we can get on the Internet and scour Mother Earth in search of the various Holy Grails of our timeless treasures. For some it might be a radio. For others, it might be a fender. Even others would be looking for that perfect set of factory mag wheels. But as in all things worth going after, it's the thrill of the hunt that keeps you going; forging ahead. Looking for the next piece to gain ground on solving that "perfect" puzzle. I mean, who in the hell gets excited over finding a factory, stock part for their car? Who finds an AM/FM cassette-less radio and is more excited than a thirteen year old lad on his first date with Palmela Handerson? Who goes to the salvage yard and lucks up on a factory intake manifold for their car and feels they have accomplished something greater than climbing Mt. Everest? This is the fuel that drives us down the road to recovery for these ailing automotive wonders. We are the cure for these cars and no one can show me another automotive high that could top me coming out of a junkyard holding a very good condition factory emblem.

Lolol @ my sentiments. Later, QD.

2turbo4u
11-12-2008, 08:34 PM
Poor Q.D

puregroove
11-13-2008, 12:46 AM
dang, well-put. I have the same illness.

AnthonyF
11-13-2008, 08:00 AM
There there QD ~pats on back~ It'll be ok.

I'm getting kinda tired of seeing the same 'ol cars on the road. I'm looking to get a '48-51 Merc/Lincoln Lead Sled. HELL YEAH!

-Ant.

rbf
11-13-2008, 11:40 AM
:yes: that was said very well.