PDA

View Full Version : Soooo, handing out $2k debit cards wasnt such a good idea...

AznTraitor
09-09-2005, 07:42 AM
so yesterday there was a small riot in line for the $2k debit cards. So FEMA has halted the handout of the $2k debit cards and rethinking on how to hand them out in a orderly fashion and also rethinking on how to limit the spending on just FOOD, CLOTHING, and repairing supplies. At this point, they are just VISA check cards, and you are able to purchase anything you want.

Because of that FEMA will only issue the debit cards to people at the shelters and everyone else will recieve a check if they are staying with family or if they at a hotel.

Red Cross is said to be handing out $600-$1200 debit cards/checks depending on dependents.

All Sheraton hotels are offering 14days,14 nights for any victim of any of the diaster areas free room and 3 free meals a day, and any other ammenities they have to offer, one of my cousins best friends is in Keywest and she was telling them to leave my house and head down there right now! so far she has taken a fishing charter, been scuba diving, and out on jet skis....so it's basically like a mini vacation for the people who have been put out. We found out though, it's all being reimbursed from FEMA.....

oh, and I just heard this morning that FEMA was also trying to make people who were wanting the debit cards so badly at the Astrodome to sign a wavier that once they accept this debit card, they are declining any further help from FEMA......they said that more than 3000 people signed.

B16a2 Civic
09-09-2005, 08:26 AM
i seen it being hard to hand out money like that and not expect fruad, people not needing them , people gettin more then one and of course...fighting

HEATON
09-09-2005, 08:46 AM
And yet they were complainin about the busses not goin into the city and pickin up the ppl..Hmm i wonder why...

AznTraitor
09-09-2005, 08:51 AM
well, some "evacuee's" who were put on some cruise liners and have access to all the amenitites and 3 square meals a day are complaining.....

wtf? you get so stay on a nice ass boat, get food, get to do all sorts of stuff, but most importantly you have a ROOF over your head, you are not out on the streets, you dont have to pay for anything, yet they still complain.

rollin_hard
09-09-2005, 08:56 AM
Human nature at its finest. wipe the slate clean. And we were supposed to be the civilized ones bringing peace and democracy to the middle east. BAH!

AznTraitor
09-09-2005, 08:59 AM
Human nature at its finest. wipe the slate clean. And we were supposed to be the civilized ones bringing peace and democracy to the middle east. BAH!

you cannot blame our govt and majority of our people on the stupid acts of a couple thousand.

AtifSajid
09-09-2005, 09:10 AM
Lucky it wasnt in Atlanta..I would have been in line..thats some 20" right there..

LaurenK
09-09-2005, 09:18 AM
you cannot blame our govt and majority of our people on the stupid acts of a couple thousand.
:goodjob: I agree...

Vteckidd
09-09-2005, 12:59 PM
people are stupid

JITB
09-09-2005, 02:01 PM
I missed what happened? What happen with the cards why didnt it work?

JoeCoolinATL
09-09-2005, 04:09 PM
this surprises you peter?

YokotaS13
09-09-2005, 04:31 PM
Lucky it wasnt in Atlanta..I would have been in line..thats some 20" right there..
I was thinking, damn thats a manifold and a turbo lol

well, some "evacuee's" who were put on some cruise liners and have access to all the amenitites and 3 square meals a day are complaining.....

wtf? you get so stay on a nice ass boat, get food, get to do all sorts of stuff, but most importantly you have a ROOF over your head, you are not out on the streets, you dont have to pay for anything, yet they still complain.

or wading in your own shit

AznTraitor
09-09-2005, 04:42 PM
or wading in your own shit

it's becoming increasingly disturbing on how many would rather do that...

Darling Nikki
09-09-2005, 05:12 PM
From some things i heard today FEMA is going to be in some shit.

KNHTRDR
09-09-2005, 05:20 PM
today a lady called into the boortz show that works at a store where this kid brought an xbox a game and mem card came up tp about $250 or so and he paid with one of those red cross/fema cards.. so much for food and clothing huh...

rickgiblin
09-09-2005, 05:28 PM

i know exactily what your talking about... cant they be happy for the help that there getting???

KNHTRDR
09-09-2005, 05:42 PM
^^Some people are just ungrateful S.O.B.'s and it's sad, 1st not fast enough now not enough..ya can't win

AznTraitor
09-09-2005, 07:27 PM
the reason they are getting like that is because too many handouts...as sad as that sounds....

but they keep thinking that if they complain or act unhappy they will be constantly upgraded to what they can get...

the media isnt helping etheir....showing how the country is willing to give so much, so the basically, it's a cycle of constant wants because of all the willing givers...

in my econ class we talked about this today, peoples wants are never fulfilled and as long as someone will provide them with something they will want more.

his point, if he gave everyone, everything they have ever wanted and granted it....he could come back in a week and ask the same question....they would have a new list of things they would want.

Brett
09-09-2005, 07:45 PM
The sad thing is this... And granted they need the help, I understand that, but they were the first to bitch to the rescue when they got there, the first to bitch that they arent happy with what they are getting, and now we will get them used to free hand outs. The majority who are in this situation are below poverty level people, And they are the ones looking to take full advantage of the system and milk as much as they can out of it.