PDA

View Full Version : engine misfire

PROŽ
11-12-2008, 10:35 AM
Last night while driving down 675, all of a sudden my car started making a boggy noise, and not soon after the check engine light came on(check engine light is flashing). I drove to a Autozone and the vehicle diagnostic revealed a engine misfire on cylinders 1, 3, and 4 as well as a random misfire code. I have been getting oil changes frequently(every 1800 miles or so) because the oil seems to be burning quickly. This weekend, I saw some oil leaking from the block(I think i need a new gasket), so I checked the oil level and there was oil on the stick, so I didn't think much of it. While at autozone, I checked the dipstick and there was hardly any oil on the stick, so i bought a quart and put some oil in. This morning I checked the spark plugs and one had some fluid(guessing gas) in it. I'm probably going to buy some new spark wires, because the wires didn't look to be in good shape.

Is it okay for me to drive on one cylinder(to go by the autoparts store to pick up whatever part i need), How do I remove the gasoline from the spark plug housing and does anyone have any idea what the problem is?(could it be related to my low oil level?)

IntegraXTR
11-12-2008, 11:01 AM
I just had this problem about a week ago, random misfire cyl. 1,2,3,4. Fixed it by changing out the plugs, wires, cap, and rotor button. Now its not throwing a code anymore.

Barefoot
11-12-2008, 11:36 AM
rotor button check the screw that holds it in.

mitch lab
11-12-2008, 02:09 PM
might as well do a tune up

Benefit
11-12-2008, 02:17 PM
YAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH TRICK YAHHHHHHHHHHHH

slimm
11-13-2008, 08:38 PM
do you have smoke blowing out of the exhaust? if so, you probably have fried piston rings oil is getting into the combustion chamber. this could possibly cause your spark plugs to foul out. if thats not the case, a couple of the teeth on your timing belt may have broken and it could have jumped time a lil bit. that would explain the unburned fuel on your plugs. the plugs are not firing when the fuel is in the chamber. ummm...thats all i can think of right now. if i think of anyting else, ill post it. good luck.