PDA

View Full Version : Misc Anyone with GOW2?

AnthonyF
11-11-2008, 05:18 AM
I put a hold on one months ago but then I moved from that location. So I havent been able to pick up the new Gears yet. How it is? Great? Is it basically the same as the original? I can't wait to get that ish!

-Ant.

4dmin
11-11-2008, 07:43 AM
got it just haven't played it yet i'm still working on DEAD SPACE ;)

9ussy
11-11-2008, 09:49 AM
its about the same as the first one.. but its sucks.. can't play multi-player online... it has a few different weapons thats about it..

Turbo04
11-11-2008, 10:50 AM
Picked it up at midnight release night, got home was fun for about 30 min. Then became clear that the only weapon you need to kill everyone is the chainsaw on the lancer, not so fun anymore.
MM takes about 10 min to find a match if you go in solo, then when it's over you have to find another group if your not in a private match.
Moving on to the campaign, while it's longer then the first and you get to do more neat stuff....the ending blows ass. Period. They dropped the ball on that one. It's worse then the Halo 2 ending.

4dmin
11-11-2008, 11:45 AM
Picked it up at midnight release night, got home was fun for about 30 min. Then became clear that the only weapon you need to kill everyone is the chainsaw on the lancer, not so fun anymore.
MM takes about 10 min to find a match if you go in solo, then when it's over you have to find another group if your not in a private match.
Moving on to the campaign, while it's longer then the first and you get to do more neat stuff....the ending blows ass. Period. They dropped the ball on that one. It's worse then the Halo 2 ending.

ouch! man you guys killed the game for me and i haven't even played it :cry:

man
11-11-2008, 11:48 AM
Game is sick, most of the matchmaking issues are worked out and multiplayer is a blast. And no, the chainsaw is not the most effective weapon...

4dmin
11-11-2008, 01:19 PM
Game is sick, most of the matchmaking issues are worked out and multiplayer is a blast. And no, the chainsaw is not the most effective weapon...

glad to know some people like it... how are graphics and story? i haven't even started the game up yet?

nreggie454
11-11-2008, 02:25 PM
From what I have played, I have really enjoyed the game. It is very similar to the first one, but there are a few new guns and bad guys.

StarBwoy
11-11-2008, 04:54 PM
http://www.3604free.com/index.php?ref=5200010 it the shit but the lobby suck but it a great game for the money

Hulud
11-12-2008, 03:11 PM
i enjoy it, shagwag3n and i are playin coop campaign now. once we get the router issues sorted out here ill try online

Turbo04
11-12-2008, 04:40 PM

Really....I gave her another shot last night....nope still 10 min waits on MM and you have to find another group after it ends. Doesn't seem very worked out to me. Also when a chainsaw can saw right through a shotgun blast....yeah....ok.

First one was better. Not as pretty. But better.

Vteckidd
11-12-2008, 05:32 PM
i got it an played it for about an hour. It still a fun FPS, but it felt like they just took the first game and changed the levels. it was NOT the leaps and bounds over the first game they made it seem like it was going to be.

now, IMO, RESISTANCE 2, totally kills GOW2.

AnthonyF
11-13-2008, 05:42 AM
Thanks for the input guys. I had GOW 1 and i fuking LOVED it. I stopped playing live for awhile and lost a bit of skill. I can't wait to pick up it up saturday.

GOW > all others.

-Ant.

BKgen®
11-13-2008, 08:48 AM
better than the original by FAR.

Hulud
11-13-2008, 09:01 AM
i got it an played it for about an hour. It still a fun FPS, but it felt like they just took the first game and changed the levels. it was NOT the leaps and bounds over the first game they made it seem like it was going to be.

now, IMO, RESISTANCE 2, totally kills GOW2.
first off GOW is a 3PS not FPS

secondly Resistance 1 was not good, it was waaaaay overrated, i had rented it. So they had better had redone the whole entire game for it to even be better than GOW1.

fivex684
11-13-2008, 09:39 AM
My cousin got it. I didn't really like the first one but this one is way better in my opinion. Plus Horde online is a ton fun on Hardcore or Insane.

Vteckidd
11-13-2008, 09:48 AM
OHHHHH SORRY 3ps LOL MY BAD!

GOW1 was sick , i liked it , it was edgy, good story, etc.

Resistance 1, was ok, GOW1 was MUCH BETTER, better weapons, better graphics, etc.

The only think i really liked about Resistance 1 was the storyline. The gameplay got repetitive.

Now, i plaid GOW2 for about an hour, got through the stalker/jungle scene. I thought it was cool, def a must play, but it was NOT LEAPS AND BOUNDS OVER THE ORIGINAL. It was like they just changed the environments, and the storyline was watered down. It was like they were trying to do too much at once time.

I have played Resistance2 for about 4 hours, an IMO, its VASTLY superior, the graphics are better, the storyline is better, the gameplay is better, etc

I think Resistance2 is better, at least in 1 player mode.

I was really let down by GOW2, at least so far. But then when you have an original thats so damn good, how do you top it. Resistance2 just had to beat mediocre to be considered better, GOW2 had to be PHENOMENAL.

Hulud
11-13-2008, 10:35 AM

GOW1 was sick , i liked it , it was edgy, good story, etc.

Resistance 1, was ok, GOW1 was MUCH BETTER, better weapons, better graphics, etc.

The only think i really liked about Resistance 1 was the storyline. The gameplay got repetitive.

Now, i plaid GOW2 for about an hour, got through the stalker/jungle scene. I thought it was cool, def a must play, but it was NOT LEAPS AND BOUNDS OVER THE ORIGINAL. It was like they just changed the environments, and the storyline was watered down. It was like they were trying to do too much at once time.

I have played Resistance2 for about 4 hours, an IMO, its VASTLY superior, the graphics are better, the storyline is better, the gameplay is better, etc

I think Resistance2 is better, at least in 1 player mode.

I was really let down by GOW2, at least so far. But then when you have an original thats so damn good, how do you top it. Resistance2 just had to beat mediocre to be considered better, GOW2 had to be PHENOMENAL.
IT IS YOUR FUCKING BAD MIKE!!!! GODDAMN!!!! LOL

but i never said gow2 was leaps and bounds beyond 1 but i do enjoy it. i like the little things they added like human shield, chainsaw dual and the new weapons. the one thing i dont like so far is how easy it is to chainsaw motherfuckers.

but i guess i will have to rent resistance 2 to check it out as well.

Greddypacked
11-13-2008, 12:23 PM

lol its alright alot of people say its a fps but it isnt, FPS is a first person shooter like Halo 3, 3PS means third person shooter, you see the character your playing such as GOW and socom so forth.

SleepingTalon
11-13-2008, 12:36 PM
Uhh..GOW2 is sick. I've been playing for days now, and I haven't gotten bored. Playing the Horde mode is a lot of fun, and when you get to the higher waves, it's insane! The maps are really cool, and the story mode kicks ass. Coop on the campaign is also a lot of fun, and while it can be beat in a relatively short period of time, the multiplayer stuff will keep you going for endless. It's a must have for sure!

Revmaynard
11-13-2008, 12:40 PM
GOW2 is 100% better than the first one. I really didn't like the first one in ANY way. But I don't know, maybe it's the more in depth campaign that makes it more enjoyable. I played the Co-op campaign and I liked it. I'd say it's worth it if you enjoy the first one enough or aren't worried about it not being 100% what you want though.

Vteckidd
11-13-2008, 12:41 PM
ill be honest i prob havent played it as long as some of you.

Ive only played for a little over an hour. I dont own a 360, i bought GOw2 an played it at my buddies house on a friday night when we were bored. i left it over there, i plan on getting it back soon

JITB
11-13-2008, 12:42 PM
GOW2 is alot smoother than the first, i liked the first one, but didnt really play too much.. But Gow2 is great. Especially the Horde Multiplayer mode!

AnthonyF
11-13-2008, 01:18 PM
Thanks for the input Mike. I think I will have the same response. I think the gameplay will be the same or a little better just with new stuff. I just love GOW over COD. I barely played COD and hated it. .02¢

-Ant.